Neosho Memorial Regional Medical Center Chanute KS (Complications) & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Neosho Memorial Regional Medical Center located in 629 SOUTH PLUMMER - Chanute, KS. Contains reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
629 SOUTH PLUMMER
City
CHANUTE
State
KS
ZIP Code
County
NEOSHO
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Critical Access Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Government - Local
Emergency Department Volume
low
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
0%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
6 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
180 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
5.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
5.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
5.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
75%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
3%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
13%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
13.3%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
8.3%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
14.9%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
Not Available
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Not Available
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Somewhat worse than National Rate
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Somewhat better than National Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
S

Shocking Resident

I was born here in 1980, and over the past 39 years, these folks have been taking great care of me. In fact, my family and my extended family members are regulars here, and all of them, every single family member, have only praises for this hospital.

Since being built in 1951, this hospital has taken outstanding care of the people in the community. This is only possible due to a wonderful administration and exceptional staff. The doctors, nurses, assistants, lab techs, support services – everyone is committed to their work. We have never faced any problems while seeking care here.

Hope this hospital continues to cater to the community as it has done all these years

A

Adisyn

I have seen quite a few reviews that sing paeans of this hospital. I guess I might be the unlucky one who got BS care here.

I was here a few months back with acute stomach pain and wanted to make sure everything was okay. I was six months pregnant and was very worried about my child.

So, I walk into the ER and reach the front desk…the lady is very cool to the whole situation and takes her own sweet time to help me get the paperwork filled. Once done, I reach the intake nurse, who, luckily was aware of the situation and took me in quickly. After waiting for nearly three hours, I am taken back to the room where I was joined by a doctor about 30 minutes later.

This guy walks in, and his first sentence was, “Oh, you are pregnant.” I was taken back a little bit…I told him yes…he comes, sees the chart, askes few canned questions and then proceeds to diagnose me with indigestion. I asked him how about a scan to see if the baby is fine…he gets pissed off. He told me bluntly that things work as per his wishes and not as per mine…He dismissed me very quickly…

I was shocked…I know that as a patient, it is my right to ask questions and duty of the doctor to answer it…I visited another doctor who ordered an ultrasound, which showed that the child had the umbilical cord around its neck… immediate intervention saved my child…

I would never step into this hospital again….still SMH thinking about the doctor’s response at this hospital!!!!!

M

Mali

You do not make a patient wait for nearly an hour when the ER is empty. You take the patient in quickly, evaluate and then send the patient off and then take a break…not the other way round…this is common sense, but looking at the way these folks behaved when I was there, I felt that it was something that these people sorely lacked

V

vaishnavi

The staff at Neosho Memorial is always friendly. They have a reasonable wait time. I would neither say it is very short nor say it is too long…reasonable is the best way to describe it. Everything moves in a very orderly fashion at this place. The front desk helps the patient or their loved one to fill in the paperwork quickly, the intake is done within a short time, and after a reasonable wait, the doctor sees the patient. All of them have wonderful bedside manners and do not hesitate to answer your questions! I have been here many times, and every single time, I was taken good care of…

Thank you

dajuan1990

dajuan1990

Quick, competent, and very friendly staff. I had to bring my father here after he was misdiagnosed at Allen County. The doctor made a proper diagnosis and treated him appropriately. The folks were helpful and attentive to my father’s needs. I highly recommend it.