PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Morris Hospital located in 150 W HIGH ST - Morris, IL. Contains reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
150 W HIGH ST
City
MORRIS
State
IL
ZIP Code
County
GRUNDY
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
medium
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
210 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
73%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
7%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
14.7%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
14.8%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
13.8%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
9.1%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
19.3%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Worse than the National Rate
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
1.7%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections National Comparison
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
C

carroll

Since the time I have been living in this locality, all I got to hear about this place was bad stuff and negative reviews. They had a very bad reputation and like many others, I too believed them without thinking twice.

I still have my own doubts if all that I heard was true because when I actually got to experience the facilities and services that this place has to offer, it was the complete opposite of what I had heard. I spent around 2 months being admitted here and from my long stay at this hospital, I have come to a conclusion that the place is a first class hospital with top notch facilities.

Definitely there are people who don’t know how to behave but the majority of the staff I interacted with were helpful and friendly by nature. They seemed to really care and I am totally happy and completely satisfied with my stay in the hospital.

Thank You Morris for extending such remarkable medical care.

76Walker

My seven year old daughter sustained injuries on her right food after she accidently stepped on a broken piece of glass. I immediately rushed her to Morris because blood oozed out from her feet like water and I was scared to death.

The moment we entered the facility, I took her in my arms and ran inside. I was relieved and more than happy to see that the ER staff understood my state of mind and also my daughter’s condition. They did not delay her care even by a minute and she was given prompt and awesome care by the ER doc and his team.

I did not have high regards for the hospital till that day but the way they handled the situation completely changed my attitude towards them.

G

Giuliano

I had been here 4 years back and it was a reasonably good place back then. They offered good medical care and people treated you well. But this was not the case when I visited them recently, which was last week.

They don’t seem to care anymore and the people who were once quite attentive to your needs now barely even listened to what you said. I was in because of a serious infection and all the doc did was take casual look at me and write down some antibiotics.
I reiterated it to him how awful I was feeling from the inside but he hardly seemed to care.

After my recent experience here, I feel you can definitely take a chance and go in there but at your own risk.

Cosette

Cosette

Morris tops the list of the hospitals I like and the ones that are available in the locality. But honestly, I feel one shouldn’t expect too much from this hospital and never compare it to any of the first class hospitals. Such comparisons can only lead to disappointments.

One should first understand and accept the fact that Morris is a small town hospital and has its own limitations. And the staff who work here, the doctors and the nurses have a clear understanding of the same. They know what they can do and more than that they know what they are not capable of. So, if they know that there is something they can’t handle, they are brutally honest about it and they do everything in their hands to shift their patient to some other hospital where they would be given adequate medical treatment.

I loved the fact that they are not money minded like many other hospitals I have been to. They don’t play with their patient’s lives just to mint money. Even while one is there, they treat you with a lot of love, care and respect.

I would definitely recommend the place. There is absolutely no need to worry with such genuine and honest people.

olliver

olliver

A very poor hospital with no neatness or cleanliness and sub standard medical facilities. I have summarized about the hospital in one line. I had been to this hospital before, guess around 3-4 months back and I waited around like a fool for approximately 5 hours and when I asked about it, they sent me back home.

Again I was here yesterday out of compulsion and the same story repeated yesterday as well. I had to leave the place or rather I would say I was thrown out of the place when I sternly told them that I should not be made to wait any longer and be given immediate treatment.

They said they can’t and they absolutely don’t care if I walk out. Such horrible people they are!! Never make a mistake of going there.