High Cost Montclair Hospital Medical Center CA Complication Rates & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Montclair Hospital Medical Center located in 5000 SAN BERNARDINO ST - Montclair, CA. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
5000 SAN BERNARDINO ST
City
MONTCLAIR
State
CA
ZIP Code
County
SAN BERNARDINO
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
medium
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
7%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
15 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
237 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
3.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
66%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
11%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
13.9%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
Not Available
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Not Available
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Not Available
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
V

Valhalla

Truth be told, I never thought that we would receive such an excellent service at Montclair. My daughter was born at this wonderful hospital. My wife had certain complications and had to undergo a C-section, which I have to say was something we never expected. Hats off to the great nurses and the wonderful doctor who helped us. They provided great service. My wife got excellent care even after C-section. She and our daughter were regularly checked on. Want to say a big THANK YOU to all those who treated us. You would always be in our prayers

K

KnoxVegas

The crap emergency room of a crap hospital. These guys really do not care for you. For them, you are just a number, and at the first signs of recovery, you are persuaded, cajoled and even shouted at to get out. I had gone to the ER and was advised IV and some painkillers. The nurse set up the IV and then was nice to me initially. She came and checked on me regularly, at least I thought. She was checking the status of the IV. Once it was done with, she got the discharge papers in a jiffy and said you are done. I said I wanted to meet the doctor, but she would have none of it. I pleaded in vain but to no avail. Do not come to Montclair ER…they do not deserve your hard earned money.

A

Alexander

I do not know what’s up with the Montclair ER. They have on their front desk a receptionist who is so slow that even a tortoise can do much faster work than her. She looked lost and also had the gumption to lie. I received good care, but the one encounter with this lady left a very bad taste in my mouth. This happened on January 26. I cannot believe that Montclair can keep such a lady as the face of the hospital. It is ridiculous!!!

S

Sandman

This is my second visit to the Montclair ER. The first visit did not go as expected, and I had to leave without seeing a doctor. This time however the experience was in complete contrast. I was seen in and triaged by a lovely nurse who knew how to deal with grumpy people. She was nice and very friendly. She checked me in and finding that I was feeling very unwell, got the doctor in quickly. The doctor was also a wonderful person. She was great. She talked with me and carefully listened to all my symptoms and then prescribed appropriate medication. When I was leaving, she said smilingly, “I hope I do not see you soon in the ER. Call if you need anything.”

That just made my day. The front desk girl was obnoxious, but the nursing staff and the doctor saved the day for me.

Amaury

Amaury

I think I am a lucky gal. I have visited this hospital and the ER quite a few times both for myself and for my friends and relatives. Every time, I received the same level of care. It was always top notch. The nurses are great. They are professional but very friendly. The doctors are one step ahead. They never make you feel that you are ill or meeting a doctor. Keep up the good work, Montclair