Low Cost Mizell Memorial Hospital (Opp, AL) Complication Rates & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Mizell Memorial Hospital located in 702 N MAIN ST - Opp, AL. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
702 N MAIN ST
City
OPP
State
AL
ZIP Code
County
COVINGTON
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
low
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
32 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
3%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
4 minutes
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
59 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
162 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
3.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
66%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
14%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
13.3%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
15.9%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
8.3%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
21.6%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Worse than the National Rate
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.8%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly less than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
A

Alenaerorne

The doctors at Mizell Memorial Hospital are useless and worthless. Except for three or four doctors, the rest of the bozos do not know what they are doing. It seems they are there only for collecting checks and nothing else. Guys, if you want to excel in the field, then pull up your socks and start working.

Q

Qman

My husband was fighting a battle against a superinfection and had slipped into a coma. The on-call doctor at MMH by his stupid treatment literally killed my husband. I had to fight against the hospital and threaten a lawsuit if their actions caused any harm to him. If I had not taken him to another hospital, then I would have lost him. PLEASE AVOID GOING TO MMH FOR TREATMENT.

AdamRoush

AdamRoush

This is one of the most outstanding hospital and the team leading it are the best. The staff, nurses, aides and doctors are very compassionate and kind! I had gone there for treating my wound infection and received the best treatment. I have been to other hospitals also; so know what I am talking about.

R

Ruby

Waiting time at MMH ER is bloody f^&*ing outrageous. The first time I went there, I had to wait for nearly four hours, the second time was much better, I had to only wait for two hours. And I had gone for severe abdominal pain. I think the management would do a lot better if they appoint more staff to work at ER during peak times.

C

Cloud-Yo

Nurses working at Mizell Memorial Hospital are very courteous and highly knowledgeable. But I cannot say the same thing about the doctors. I was at the ER with a friend when I noticed that a man was being brought in an ambulance, who in a barely audible voice says he is having severe chest pain. The doctor’s answer left me shocked. The doctor very coolly says, “Listen, Roney, I do not give narcotics to people. If you are planning this act for pain meds, then you can walk off.” Wow!!! That was amazing. I am 100% sure that the entire ER unit would have been seething in anger after listening to these comments. This story does not end here. It was only after the doctor confirms with Roney’s wife and son that he does not take narcotics nor abuse drugs etc. does he get the treatment started. I was amazed that the patient survived these things.

I take pain meds, and sometimes I have to take more due to unbearable pain, and if my meds are not working, I call in my doctor who tells me what to do further. If nothing works, I rush to the ER, because that is what they are meant for…EMERGENCY TREATMENT. I do not know why doctors look down upon people who use pain meds and always accuse us of taking more meds and then rushing to ER for refills.

I am very happy that my friend went there for getting his laceration treated and not to get admitted, at least not under this stupid doctor.

A

AIdAn

I had gone to MMH maybe two to three times and each time, the waiting time was less than 30 minutes. The staff was attentive, and when I was waiting, I was given enough attention. When my turn came, the whole appointment went off smoothly. I express my gratitude to these wonderful people and their ever smiling faces.

Brownie

Brownie

I had gone to the MMH ER with severe back pain. The on-call doctor came to see me promptly, and after necessary checks, I was triaged and sent for some scans and tests. While the tests were normal, the scans showed that I had chipped bone in my back which was causing the pain. Since they did not have the necessary personnel nor equipment for doing the particular surgery, they referred me to another hospital where I underwent surgery and recovered well. I went for a review to MMH and met the nurses and the doctor to thank them for the prompt action which saved my life.

R

rendezvous

I cannot understand why people crib about waiting at the ER. It is ER, and you are not the only one who needs immediate help. If there are two people and one of them have some serious problem which can be life-threatening, then the staff would take care of that patient first and not you. It is a matter of common sense. I get very riled up when people diss MMH.

Guys, this is one of the best hospitals in Covington County, and if you are not happy, then you are most welcome to go to another hospital.

I have always been treated well by the staff and the doctors, and I cannot hear anything bad about them.

F

FenderCharles

At MMH, your appointments are completed in a jiffy. It does not mean that the doctor does not listen to you and just gives a prescription. On the contrary, they do talk to you, get the entire history of the ailment and then only prescribe a medicine. On average, I guesstimate that an appointment gets completed in around 30 minutes at MMH. Now that is called time management.