PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Methodist Hospital located in 8303 DODGE ST - Omaha, NE. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
8303 DODGE ST
City
OMAHA
State
NE
ZIP Code
County
DOUGLAS
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
medium
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
24 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
3 minutes
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
67 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
198 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
5.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
71%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
5%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
11.8%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
11.5%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
2.4%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
14.3%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
10%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
15.1%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.2%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Significantly better than the National Rate
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
M

Matt D

The Best Hospital Ever

I chose Methodist for a double bypass surgery. I had the best doctors and nurses I ever met in my whole life, to tend to me and take care of even those minute aspects that required attention. Never before in my life had any outsiders, especially medical staff made me feel so important!

I was treated very well and I think it was because of the treatment the Methodist staff gave me, I could walk out of the hospital in less than a week’s time that too all hale and hearty.

They are all super men and women who cared to treat me with utmost importance and empathy and at the same time made sure things went on smoothly for me. I am pretty sure everyone who walks into Methodist is treated the same way. They have definitely made a mark on my mind and I can say with confidence that the way they treat their patients is their USP.

If there ever arises a need for me to visit a hospital again in my life; I would only chose to go to Methodist and no other place for the way they made me feel.

L

Lionel

I had to rush my daughter to the ER because of a sudden injury and as far as I remember that was my first trip to the ER in a very long long time. I am already registered with the Methodist network, so I didn’t have to wait a long time to get my daughter checked in but once I got checked in, my poor baby had to wait for a long time to get someone attend to her because apparently it was one busy evening that day.

But once she was taken inside a private emergency room, things started changing for the good. She was flocked by a doctor, nurses and other medical aides who kept no stone unturned to make her feel good. All of them were well-versed with what they had to do and took good care of my daughter.

The ER doctor also ensured that I knew every minute detail of what was being done to my daughter and also advised me on the ways in which I should take care of her once we get back home.

The hospital staff also ensured that my daughter had her follow up appointments on time and trust me, it’s all because of the care that was given to me daughter which helped her heal quickly and recover faster than usual. Kudos to Methodist!!

slipshod

slipshod

I would have given this bad hospital with careless filled with heartless and indifferent people. The doctors with who I have interacted in this place are insensitive, cold hearted and selfish who are never concerned about anything other than their convenience.

I had my father admitted in this substandard hospital for his treatment. One day when I came over to visit him, it shocked me to find him lying on his room’s floor and nobody (none of the nurses or the other staff) had cared to notice his condition. It was God’s grace nothing happened to him that day despite the fall.

J

Jared

Methodist is known for the high quality treatment combined with a healing touch of care and compassion by their staff. I have always heard people in my circle speak high of this place but I got to see their exemplary treatment and compassion towards their patients when my own nephew was admitted there because if pneumonia. My sister did not have to worry even a little bit about her son and he was entirely under their care. Superb, I would say!!!

R

ROwan

I have visited Methodist hospital on various occasions and it has always been my first choice if I ever have to visit a doctor. But recently, I see that things have drastically changed. On my last visit, I saw they no more cared about their patients and took their conditions seriously.

I had to wait for a really looooooooooonnnnnnngggg time to get my things done the last time I was there and I thought maybe I was having a bad day. But today, when I went in again, even though I had scheduled an appointment with a particular doctor, I was told that she was not in today and again I had to wait for hours and hours together to finally meet a doctor. I also noticed nurses and other staff behaving rude with a few patients which was never the case when I visited the hospital on earlier occasions.

If there is something wrong with the management or the staff, I think now is the time to correct it; else it might become too late for them as people would always prefer to go to hospitals that offer them utmost care with genuine concern.

C

Cybertron

The doctors, nurses and other staff at Methodist are angels and I feel they have all landed down straight from heaven. I had all my three children delivered herein Methodist and when compared to how my friends were treated in other hospitals, this place always made me feel like a queen by providing me with all high class medical facilities and at the same showered me with a lot of warmth, care and love.

If you ever have to be in a hospital, Methodist is the place to be!
To be honest, while I was pregnant, I have received more attention from the hospital staff than from my own family members. The doctors always ensured that I ate right and took adequate rest so that my baby would be born healthy.

In fact, all of them took care of me during my pregnancy and at the time of delivery as if I was their own child, which again helped my father be at ease the whole time.
These people know how to treat their patients not just medically but also personally. I would definitely recommend it to anyone I know.

haven

haven

Food is pathetic – Please don’t eat there

The hospital staff, including the doctors and nurses are good; they have good subject knowledge and exemplary medical skills. Plus, they also know how to treat you with care and concern. The hospital is well maintained too.

But their food was something I could not stand. Pathetic!! Horrible!! The worst I have ever had in my life!!! I don’t get how people can have such pathetic food and be okay with it. I would have give a 4 star rating but the only thing that stopped me from doing it was the not so palatable food they serve. If the quality of food that they serve improves, I would say it is one of the best hospitals in town.

Suggestion to the management – Please take improvement measures soon so that you don’t lose out on your patients just because of the bad food you serve.
I really hope the next time I am there for an appointment with my doctor, the cafeteria will serve me something nice and delicious! I really do!!