PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Mercy Hospital And Medical Center located in 2525 S MICHIGAN AVE - Chicago, IL. Contains reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
2525 S MICHIGAN AVE
City
CHICAGO
State
IL
ZIP Code
County
COOK
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
high
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
8%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
434 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
2.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
1.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
57%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
14%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
12.3%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
Somewhat better than National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
10%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
12.9%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
6.2%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
14.8%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
3.1%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
H

Honey Doll

Had baby number 1 at Mercy 2.5 years ago. Now here I am at Mercy again expecting baby number 2 and I couldn’t be more thrilled. The last time I had a few issues along the way but got it sorted out with the hospital before confirming this was where I was going to give birth again. Very reassuring hospital, very comfortable place to give birth also.

Roadblock16

Roadblock16

Do not risk your lives for the sake of this hospital. They are completely oblivious to your health and just want to find new ways to make money. Can you believe they asked my 2 year old to get a CT scan? For a small head related injury they scared the living hell out of my wife and myself, making us feel like horrible parents. Of course we obliged and went ahead with the scan but turns out that the pediatrics department wouldn’t do it.! There was a whole scene created between the ER and pediatrics department that just showed a total lack of harmony in the hospital. The point is, they will feed all kinds of lies to you just to freak you out. We went to a neighbour hospital to get a second opinion and turns out she was completely fine just a very small bump that was harmless. For shame!

92Lyam

92Lyam

The staff is as sweet as can be, ever ready to help you out with anything. Getting admitted here is piece’a cake- no extended formalities and I faced no issue whatsoever. Happy with my experience and filled out the feedback form with no complaints.

Z

Zymere94

Do not go to Mercy Hospital. They have no mercy on their patients, idk what genius decided to put that as their name. But definitely THE worst hospital experience to date. I go to the hospital even for the smallest issue. My father died because he neglected really bad headaches that was later found out to be a brain tumor. Post that I go to the hospital for every small issue.

Have come to Mercy hospital twice before but both were general checkups. I’d made appointments in advance so it wasn’t that bad. Still the wait was approximately 20-30 minutes which is average. But this time Iwent to the ER because of a really bad headache.

I read somewhere that brain tumor is hereditary so I knew that was a bad sign. Drove myself to the Er – at that point the headache was only mild but as soon as I got into the hospital, all the noise, lights, smells… everything got to me and my headache went up 200%. By the time I got to the front desk I thought I was going to pass out and almost did.

They asked me to wait for a bit and boy did I wait. For more than 2 hours I sat there, writhing in pain and discomfort. So many doctors passed by me but not one of them stopped and asked me what was wrong. Breezed past me, two of them were even chuckling. Probably not at me but I still took offense. In short I was there for 2 and a half days.. slept for 5-6 hours the entire time I was there.

Very uncomfortable hospital beds, medication was not strong enough to defeat the pain and I’d never felt so angry or annoyed in my life. At the hospital ofcourse because they refused to believe my headaches were that bad. And every time they’d come to my room early in the morning and wake me up to take my vitals, always at 5am! Are you kidding me? Could never sleep past that. Very bad experience. Never again.

vitamin X

vitamin X

Zero efficiency, below average dedication, horrible bedside manners. Don’t even ask about the hospital billing department. Utter disaster, that. Would give a minus 5 star rating for Mercy Hospital. Very disappointed.

Y

Yaniv Ganzi

A nice, comfortable visit to Mercy hospital proved that the negative reviews are all fake. Was raking my brains out because of all the negative reviews I’d read before going here but faced none of those concerns. The hospital was neat and clean, parking was amazing, navigation through the hospital was easy and the staff ofcourse was beyond adorable.

shanya

shanya

Caring abt the fam.. they deserve cred for that.. My mother is 89 and of late has been feeling extrremely dizzy of late.. decided it was time to have her checked.. she resisted cuz she hates hospitals.. but she didn’t hate this hospital. Was happy to see her comply..

Very respectful of patients.. and their families.. the doctor was very aware that my mom is scared of needles.. believe it or not she was not scared when he was giving her an injection.. I was shocked! How he managed to do that is beyond me.. he said it was a hospital secret..

I told the doc everything I knew about my mom’s medical condition.. how it was deteriorating over the yrs.. how she had stopped taking her medication.. even though her current situation had nothing to do with it the doc listened to me.. everything I had to say..

Clearly I was venting but this didn’t bother him.. after I finished he calmly explained the situation. This was very respectful of him.. instead of rudely interrupting me or teasing me for my lack of knowledge.. really liked that.