Top Pulmonary Hospital Mendocino Coast District Hospital Fort Bragg CA (Complications) & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Mendocino Coast District Hospital located in 700 RIVER DR - Fort Bragg, CA. Contains reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
700 RIVER DR
City
FORT BRAGG
State
CA
ZIP Code
County
MENDOCINO
Phone Number
(707) 961-1234
Hospital Type
Critical Access Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Government - Hospital District or Authority
Emergency Department Volume
Not Available
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
Not Available
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
Not Available
Overall Hospital Rating
2.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
76%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
13%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
13.6%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Somewhat worse than National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
15.1%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
9.3%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
13.9%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Somewhat better than National Rate
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.5%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
F

For The Lolz

Ended up in Mendocino District Hospital after a bad fall resulted in a fractured wrist. It was a holiday weekend, and there was a huge rush of patients. Kudos to the ER staff for keeping their calm and treating every patient with due respect. There was a good flow of patients, and I was seen within an hour, which was quick, considering the rush of the patients.

The ER diagnosed the fracture and scheduled surgery the next day. The surgery went off well, and I was off by afternoon. The best nursing and pain management staff I have come across – very helpful and prompt. The surgeon and the ER doctor were also exceptional

A

Alizabeth

I have seen many reviews that claim this place is a gem, blah blah, blah…

Believing these reviews, I went there. I have to say it was the biggest mistake of my life. The place was horrible. I went on a Tuesday afternoon, and it was jam-packed….the patients were spilling out. I did not see any movement of patients, only the movement of nurses and doctors who were running like headless chickens. Nobody had any clue what the other person was doing. The nurse took two hours to take me in…after 15 minutes, I asked her when I would be seen. Her answer, “No clue…minimum one to two hours.” I left the ER without informing anybody. I cannot wait for five hours in an ER.

When last checked, ER was supposed to be for emergency care and not delayed care

D

Dru

We had to make a detour to this place after our youngest one had a bad fall and busted open his forehead. He was in terrible pain and was not allowing anybody even to come close to him. We raced to the nearest ER, which happened to be Mendocino.

The ER was quick to take over. The front desk was exceptional and completed all the necessary paperwork within a matter of minutes. Jeff was taken in quickly and then back to the room. The nurses played with him and made him comfortable before the doctor came.

The doctor was a gentle guy who had fantastic bedside manners. He quickly inspected the wound while playing with Jeff. The injuries were cleaned, and his forehead was stitched up professionally. There were absolutely no marks when the stitches came off after a fortnight.

While I wish nobody comes to the ER ever, but if you are anywhere nearby, and have an emergency, then head straight to Mendocino. You will get the best care…

M

malia

The staff we experienced were friendly, but the hospital on the whole – ER, check-in facility, as well as nurse stations, were EXTREMELY FILTHY. I felt they forgot to wipe the room and the stations. There was a cake of mud and dried body fluids and blood on the floor and the wall.

If this is the condition of the ER, I shudder to think what would be the condition of the entire premises…

Not willing to risk my life here again

Dripking

Dripking

Being a paramedic and having worked at Johns Hopkins, I have to say I am impressed by the care on display. The ER wait was negligible. The nurses and doctors were wonderful human beings. The quality of care was similar to those offered at some of the big daddies in the industry. Keep it up, folks