PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Saddleback Memorial Medical Center and Hospital located in 24451 HEALTH CENTER DRIVE - Laguna Hills, CA. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
24451 HEALTH CENTER DRIVE
City
LAGUNA HILLS
State
CA
ZIP Code
County
ORANGE
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
high
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
2%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
11 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
340 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
60%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
7%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
13.9%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
12.4%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
3.5%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
13.7%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
7.3%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
13.6%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Significantly netter than the National Rate
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Significantly better than the National Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
B

Baby_Kristy

The hospital is loathsome in many a ways and I hate going in here after my second experience with these people. I had taken a friend of mine to the ER of this hospital and they made us wait for so long that I slept off and took a nap right there.

And when someone finally came to check on my friend, I was in deep sleep and that bitch was hell rude to me. She literally yelled at me and I realized what was going on when I was completely back in my senses. I didn’t want to hinder my friend’s treatment, so I kept quiet and swallowed my insult.

Later I heard another nurse body shaming a chubby woman calling her all sorts of names and making derogatory remarks. They do not leave a chance to mistreat patients.

There is a lot more that I want to say but this is the highlight. One would never want to go back to such awful attitude.

R

RICHARDS

They have crazy wait times. But once you manage to get in, you are treated well and taken good care of. The staff help you out but they do not have the slightest of idea about how to speak to you, especially nurses. They lash out at you and shamelessly take out all their frustration on you.

The nurses are the worst lot and they act as if we are not their responsibility but a liability to them. I can still understand this behavior if the place is bustling with people and they are busy attending to people one after the other. But whenever I have been there, this was definitely not the case.

I am stuck with this hospital and I have no choice but to go there but I definitely do not want to.

W

WarrenJohnston

I was hospitalized here twice and I found the doctors and the nurses working here to be very kind and professional. I loved their wonderful attitude to the core. The services they extended to me and the help they provided, I can never forget it ever! I will forever treasure the ones who took care of me here.

T

top slugger

I do not know about the whole hospital but their ER is definitely one of the best I have ever been to. I was taken to this place a few months back because of a serious condition and I was later told by my family members that they did not take much time to see me.

They knew and very well understood the gravity of the situation and saw me in 10 minutes. If I am alive today, all credits go to the doctor who attended to my case and his whole team. They made sincere efforts in saving my life.

I will forever be indebted to them and if you ask me, this is exactly where you should be in case of an emergency.

A

Avila1984

No one likes to be hospitalized and I feel no different when it comes to the same. I hate to be in a hospital but I had to come here because I sprained and twisted my ankle badly; so bad that I could not even move an inch by myself.

But the doctors and the nurses who work here made the whole process simpler and a lot less painful for me. Every single person I encountered here made me feel welcome and understood my condition. They did not just check on me but also on my family members who had accompanied me.

I had this strange sense of satisfaction being admitted in this hospital, which I had never received anywhere else.

andraya

andraya

It pains me to read the negative reviews because I very well know that the place does not deserve any of them. I had been to Memorialcare very recently and things were as perfect as they could be.

This hospital has been my solace in case of any kind of medical emergencies; be it for myself or any of my family members. Not even once have they given us any chance to complain about their services. An impeccable track record in my opinion and they are definitely living up to the expectations of people by keeping up their high standards.

B

brant8

I am downcast with this hospital and their miserable behavior towards their patients. There was a time when this hospital was one of the best and I could confidently go in there with a firm faith that my medical issues would be addressed.

But it is certainly not the case now. I was admitted here for 2 days recently and I was upset to see the sorry state of affairs of this hospital. I think the place has undergone a complete restructuring and the have replaced many of the old staffs working there.

I saw many newly appointed nurses and they are the worst. They don’t have any sense of responsibility and don’t even come and check on you. Once, I wanted to use the restroom and I tried calling them and they made me wait for 2 hours just to help me out.

This facility’s cafeteria food used to be even better than what you get in the restaurants. But now, it has become tasteless. They do not have anything good on their menu. And whatever they have is prepared using bad quality oil.

The security personnel appointed by the hospital are the worst lot. They keep loitering here and there instead of keeping an eye on people who are walking in and out of the whole place.

I was scared to be here and I am surely not going to come back.

Tori1

Tori1

Saddleback Medical Center offers you good medical care and the management has appointed wonderful staff who know how to take good care of people but there is something that can drastically bring down the place’s popularity – money minded billing practices.

I was admitted here for a fortnight and when I got discharged, the way they tried to take money from me stating trivial things really put me off. Not matter how good things are over there, such money minded attitude could prove to be a big turnoff.