PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Memorial Medical Center located in 1700 COFFEE RD - Modesto, CA. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
1700 COFFEE RD
City
MODESTO
State
CA
ZIP Code
County
STANISLAUS
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
23 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
8 minutes
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
74 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
328 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
3.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
57%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
9%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
12.1%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
12.7%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
3.7%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
15.2%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
8.8%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
18.1%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.1%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
J

julian

My father received wonderful and heartfelt care. The nurses, though very strict, were helpful and caring. They kept us in the loop. They had loads of patience and answered all the questions that we shot at them. Not only the immediate family members, but they also took care to explain things to our relatives. No other hospital would do that. While the nurses understood the respect that my father commands in our big family, they were very clear when it came to protecting his health.

Thank you, Memorial Hospital for taking care of my father as well as my family members.

telekinesis

telekinesis

This is an honest review from the eyes of a visitor who was visiting a relative admitted here:

Pluses:
  • Ample parking space.
  • Staff is very professional and helpful
  • The patient and the people accompanying them are given equal importance, and both are made to feel comfortable
  • A very clean hospital
Minuses:
  • Atrocious food
  • Cell service is worst, at its best. You cannot get a conference call
Okay:
  • An okay Wi-Fi service

ampersand

ampersand

I waited for hours at this ridiculous hospital. While I was waiting in the ER, I saw streams and streams of people visiting this hospital. All of them were attended to, while I was sitting in the ER waiting room for nearly three hours. After three hours, a triage nurse comes, and she takes my vitals four times, not once but four times. The nurse does not even have the courtesy to say that I am running a temperature. How rude... I was shivering and asked for a cover, and she said, "Let me see if we can hopefully get you one.” But she found covers for the four other people who were waiting in the ER room. Memorial Hospital is a big joke on healthcare. Highly rude staff, staff which does not know how to take vitals the first time and a staff which is least bothered if a patient dies under their watch, not because of an illness, but because of lack of medical attention. The same story applies to the entire hospital.

Iris

Iris

I walked into the ER at 12:30 with a bleeding leg. Despite it being a graveyard shift, the staff was very polite and immediately attended to my injury. I was triaged, tests were taken, underwent treatment and were out of the hospital by 2:00. Now that is super quick even for the graveyard shift. I must say the staff was polite, compassionate, professional, caring and knew what they were doing. Excellent staff, great experience.

julshii

julshii

If you or any of your loved ones, especially your children, have an emergency, PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THIS HOSPITAL BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT A PRIORITY. I had gone to Sutter in Sacramento, and the staff immediately took my son in. Other hospitals also took my son right in, but when it comes to Memorial Hospital at Modesto, you are the last priority. As soon as you enter, you are guided to the ER, and a rosy picture of a doctor attending to you within seconds is shown. Something similar happened to us. My son was literally howling due to pain in his stomach, and all the nurse did was come and shout at him.

My son is a professional karate player and has got many a bruises and cuts, but he never even batted an eyelid. So when he was howling in pain, we certainly felt that there was something wrong with him.

The nurses and their aides at this place are ridiculous. They are least bothered about their patients. For these idiots, chatting with each other and whiling away time is more important. Attending to a patient is the last priority.

K

kennedy

I do not want to believe any negative comments about this place on this forum or any other other forums because I have seen how kind-hearted this hospital group is. I will not name the facility, because it could result in loss of jobs, but the staff does support some homeless population. They allow them to use the restroom and also buy them coffee when they are in need. Do not worry; the restroom is spotless. The staff is very kind to these homeless people and treat them like human beings and not like some piece of garbage. I know the hospital group won’t make any profit from this act and may not like it, but at least the staff has some heart. Thank you, Memorial for employing such wonderful souls.

P

pseudonym

Ok, I was at this hospital visiting a friend who had just given birth to a cutie pie. From her talk, one could realize the staff has taken excellent care of her. After spending some time with her, I go down to the cafeteria to grab something to eat and guess what, I am blasted with profanities. Wondering why? I just asked them to give something to eat real quick as I was famished. Not one person was polite; every single person was rude. It seems they did not want to serve me or any other patrons. I have visited various hospitals as part of my job, but this was something totally new for me.

J

Janessa

I was suffering from high temperature off and on, and not many doctors were able to diagnose my problem. Finally, I was suggested to visit this hospital. I went to the ER after I got one more bout of fever and they finally were able to pinpoint the problem. It seems that hypothalamus which controls the body temperature was malfunctioning due to a previous bout of fever which had gone unnoticed. Finally, after several weeks of being misdiagnosed, I came to know the exact cause of my disease and the necessary treatment was started. Props to entire emergency room team.