PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Memorial Hospital Pembroke located in 7800 SHERIDAN ST - Pembroke Pines, FL. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
7800 SHERIDAN ST
City
PEMBROKE PINES
State
FL
ZIP Code
County
BROWARD
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Government - Hospital District or Authority
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
13 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
6 minutes
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
58 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
325 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
73%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
7%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
11.7%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
10.3%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
12.7%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
8.6%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
11.7%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Better than the National Rate
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
Not Available
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Not Available
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Significantly netter than the National Rate
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
E

Esme

Staff at Memorial Hospital, Pembroke are professional, yet wonderful and caring. The male nurse who came to check my father’s condition and update us was the best. The female nurses were also not behind. They were lovely and understanding. The nurses along with the doctor ensured that my father did not face any problems during his stay at this hospital. We have also been to East Jefferson General and have received the same southern hospitality that we got here. If you get sick, which I hope you do not, you can come to this wonderful hospital and get yourself treated.

C

cockamamie

I was brought into the hospital on a Monday and was later shifted to 2nd floor. The staff on the floor were great. They were very chirpy and helped to ease my anxiety. Not just the nurses, but the managers, cleaning crew and even the doctors were exceptionally caring and accommodating. I underwent nasogastric intubation where I had to get a tube inserted through my nose into the throat. Trust me; it is not a pleasant experience. But the staff made it a very bearable experience. I hope all the hospitals have such a wonderful staff to take care of their patients.

alfresco

alfresco

Came down to Memorial Hospital emergency room while visiting a friend down in Hollywood. I was ushered in very quickly, hardly five minutes of waiting time. I had severe back pain which radiated to my right hip and was not able to even stand up without getting twinges of pain. The doctor made me move the leg in different positions which helped in easing the pain. He also gave two shots for the pain. He asked me to get the area scanned and wrote a script for painkillers in case the pain flares up again. The doctor was very knowledgeable and helped me understand the problem.

The ER room itself was very spic and span. The whole ER visit lasted just an hour. I am bowled over, and if I am in Hollywood and have any medical emergency, then this is the place where I would come.

krish

krish

Got admitted to Memorial for severe anemia a few months back. Have to say it was the worst experience ever. Been in the healthcare field for more than 20 years and have visited numerous hospitals, but have never seen such horrible staff. They have no compassion for patients and are very unprofessional. An extremely horrifying situation was made worse by a ridiculous staff. Never thought I would face such a situation. Absolutely disgusting. My daughter was admitted at Memorial Regional a month back, and she was treated very well. Our experience there was very amazing and nothing compared to what I underwent here.

G

glutes

We had gone to the ER at the most inappropriate time. My son was sick, and we had taken him to Urgent Care but got no respite, and we were asked to report to the ER for better care. We had come in when construction was going on and was posing as an irritant for everybody, but the staff out there was friendly and extremely pleasant. Despite the various constraints, the staff ensured that my son got the best treatment. Thanks to them, we left the hospital in a much better condition. They will always be in our prayers.

Kody

Kody

Memorial Hospital located at Pembroke stinks. Not figuratively, but in a literal sense. I know hospitals can be dirty, but the filth at this hospital took this hospital to a completely different level. I had come to this hospital to visit a friend and really felt sorry for her. I felt very sick just being in this unsanitary situation. The staff, on the other end, were very jovial and professional. I pity them for having to work in such filth. If you ask me, this hospital is a joke on healthcare.

F

FrerveLiva

I had been to this hospital with severe shoulder pain. There was hardly any waiting time. I was seen within 10 minutes, and the doctor ordered an x-ray which revealed a dislocated shoulder. I was admitted and underwent a surgical procedure to get it back into the groove. The entire stay was good. The staff was cordial, in the ER, surgery and the floor. They were very professional and ensured that my stay was very comfortable. Even the lab techs were very understanding. When they found out that I was unable to lie either supine or prone due to pain, they made me comfortable and then took the x-ray in the best possible manner. Thank you, everyone!!!!