PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Memorial Hospital Of Gardena located in 1145 W REDONDO BEACH BLVD - Gardena, CA. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
1145 W REDONDO BEACH BLVD
City
GARDENA
State
CA
ZIP Code
County
LOS ANGELES
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Proprietary
Emergency Department Volume
high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
34 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
4%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
21 minutes
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
77 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
303 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
1.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
1.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
1.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
1.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
51%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
23%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
12.9%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
10.1%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
13.1%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
7.6%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
11.6%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Better than the National Rate
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
Not Available
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Not Available
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Not Available
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
F

flynn

My son was taken to the Gardena ER. We were told that he is critical and has to be admitted right away. He lay there for nearly 18 hours before an MD came and inspected him. And what does the doctor say…he is alright, just little dehydrated…Not sure if I wanted to shout with joy or cry...cry because we just waited in the ER room for nearly 18 hours due to “little dehydration” or shout with joy because our son is safe….

P

PeterPrime

When I told my wife that we would be going to Memorial Hospital of Gardena for delivering our child, she was petrified. After all, it is a very small hospital, and it does not “look” very appealing. She tried everything to make me take her to a different hospital, but since our insurance would not allow any other hospital, I did not have any other option.

We are so happy that our child was delivered here!!! Gardena is the best compared to all the hospitals in the state. The major reason is the wonderful and amazing staff. The nurses, midwife, and the doctor, all were great and gave my wife and baby the best possible care. My wife had her own nurse, and our baby got his nurse. The anesthesiologist was very calm and reassuring and checked on my wife multiple times to ensure she was doing okay and also dropped in the next day to check the mom and son.

One surprising aspect was the food. It was actually very tasty, and snacks were of top-notch quality. This was completely unexpected. The hospital was very caring and also gave a Graco car seat, girdle, and pumping attachments. I HIGHLY recommend Memorial Hospital of Gardena for Labor & Delivery.

M

Mistal

This place needs to be shuttered down. It does not deserve to treat people. It is a fucking piece of shit. My father came to Gardena in an ambulance after suffering a stroke. We waited in the hospital ER room for nearly three hours without anybody coming and having a look at him. We left the hospital because for me my father’s life was more important than some stupid idiot not finding time to attend a critically ill patient. Terrible fucking hospital.

blindside

blindside

Memorial Hospital of Gardena has one of the worst waiting rooms that I've ever seen. It seems that everything that can go wrong does go wrong at this bullshit hospital. The hospital reeked of urine and feces. If you can overcome the smell, then wish you luck for overcoming the security guards. They are highly unprofessional and very rude. There was a very weird feeling in this hospital. The Emergency Room did not have any sense of urgency. My mother-in-law came in an ambulance and was left unattended for nearly four hours on a goddamn gurney. There were others like her. Finally, she got a room, a room which she shared with three others. A nurse comes in asks me to help in changing her to a hospital gown. Ummm... she should ask a nursing assistant or any other nurse to assist her. Her utter lack of professionalism made me want to scream out loud. It seems that she was least interested in working at this shithole since her attitude spoke for itself.

Alisa

Alisa

This is the last place for delivering your precious one. One sincere request to hospital management, please fire the entire labor and delivery department staff and get some new faces here. They are least bothered about the mother or the child. My wife was 9 cm for nearly three hours because they did not want to pop my wife’s bag before her doctor got here. The doctor said she would be there in 20 to 30 minutes, but took nearly three hours, the time by which my wife could have delivered, but the staff was least bothered to help... the staff was busy making fun of my wife’s predicament and also did not feel happy when I went to have a glass of water. They were talking crap…

This is a bad hospital, and one should think a thousand times before deciding to give birth at this hospital. The only positive thing about this place was the entrance staff. They were helpful and nice.

huzzah

huzzah

I have read many negative comments about the staff of Memorial Hospital of Gardena, in this forum, yelp, and various other forums. But I beg to differ. Given the place where the hospital is situated, I believe the staff is doing a wonderful job. Yes, some people might feel left out when they are not attended to, but ER have to follow certain protocols, and they have to take in the most critically ill or most injured patients first. My husband was seen in a reasonable time, and both of us felt that the ER staff was very professional and doing the best they can. If anything, it is the patients who are very rude. I could hear some of them cursing the staff and making fun of them behind their back. Now that is totally uncalled for.

I have only two suggestions to make. First, get one more receptionist to help the poor lady who is manning the whole front desk, and secondly, please provide clipboards to the patient to help them in filling out the forms.

extraterrestrial

extraterrestrial

The staff took really good care of my fiancée during her visit. Even though we waited for a while, it did not seem a lot because the nurses constantly checked on us. The medical team was very nice to us and ensured my fiancée had a complete workup. We loved the service that she received during the visit, despite us being there till early morning hours. Thank you, Gardena.

J

Jace

Wow!!! I am surprised by quite a few bad reviews in this forum as well as various other forums. I had visited this hospital way back in 2017. We had delivered our munchkin at this hospital. The staff was wonderful and took really good care of me. Everybody went out of their way to make sure that both my child and I had a comfortable stay (it was a complicated birth).

G

goo

I was seen in real quick time. I went into the ER with severe stomach pain. I was triaged within 15 to 20 minutes. The doctor came in within half-an-hour. He was very straightforward and explained to me what is ailing me and what he intends to do for treating it. He wrote a prescription and ordered a few tests. I was in and out of the ER in just two hours, this also included time for tests and waiting time. Now, this is real quick.

I

ismael

A few months back, I ended up getting wheeled into the Memorial Hospital of Gardena ER after getting involved in motor vehicle pileup. I want to credit this hospital because it attended to me real quick. The nurse and the doctor were just amazing. I have never dislocated any body part, but was in severe pain!

The moment I was wheeled into the hospital, the front desk asked me to fill out paperwork, which my wife duly filled out. Once that was filled out, I was taken in real quick, and within 30 minutes, I was allotted a bed. The MD comes in and says it can be popped in and can be done without putting me under anesthesia or with putting me under anesthesia. It would cause me pain, so I told him to go ahead and give me something to make me sleep. They did a good job of putting it back, and I have not faced any problem since then. Great job!