Low Cost Memorial Hospital North Conway NH (Complication Rates) & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Memorial Hospital located in 3073 WHITE MOUNTAIN HIGHWAY - North Conway, NH. Contains reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
3073 WHITE MOUNTAIN HIGHWAY
City
NORTH CONWAY
State
NH
ZIP Code
County
CARROLL
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Critical Access Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
Not Available
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
Not Available
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
280 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
3.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
61%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
10%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
13.9%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
11.4%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
15%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
8.9%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
15.6%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
3.1%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
L

lyrica

I think healthcare professionals should not discuss religious and political views when doing their job. They are entitled to it, but then the workplace is not the place where it should be done.

Case in example – I had cut my thumb and three fingers while cooking (work as a chef). I was taken in and back within a reasonable time. The doctor had no cleanliness and was wearing dirty scrubs. He came in and started talking about his views on Democrats and Republicans while looking at my wound. He was so engrossed in talking that he ended up doing a messy job…no flushing of the wound and just a liberal application of glue, which looked very messy.

T

Tarek

I am not sure about other doctors and departments, but the one who treated me a few days back was outstanding both in terms of competence and professionalism. I was on a vacay here and unfortunately ended up hurting myself. I was unimpressed by the first look of the hospital and felt it might be some sort of the first-aid center, but I was wrong, very wrong. Everyone whom I interacted with during my stay was super nice. But a special mention for the nurse and the wonderful doctor who treated me. He had excellent bedside manners and was very quick and neat with his work. He got an x-ray which showed no breaks. The stitching was done in a jiffy, and it was a neat work. I do not recall the name of the doctor, but Memorial Hospital is really lucky that they have someone as good as him on their rolls. Appreciate

C

Colin Grant

The urgent care visit was super quick. I was in and out of the Urgent Care within a matter of 45 minutes. The front desk, the nurse assistant, as well as the nurse practitioner, were all great. Very satisfied with the care that I got here.

M

Medina

I am a sucker for reviews and take all major decisions like purchasing anything or going to a particular restaurant or even for that matter, visiting hospitals based on reviews. So I was not very happy when I read the reviews of Memorial Hospital. But then my condition was such that I could not go to any other place. I had severe ear pain and was not able to hear anything on the right side. I was brought to this hospital by my boyfriend. I was lucky that there was an ENT doctor on the campus when I went. The doctor was a thorough gentleman and went about with his work like a pro. He examined the ear, informed me that it was plugged. He removed the wax from the ear, and my hearing was back to normal. He was ever-smiling and told me various precautions to take for ensuring there was no recurrence of the hearing loss or wax buildup.

Only after I returned home did I come to know that these people also have a helipad for use during times of an emergency. Wow!!! Pleasantly surprised

G

garygroundwork

We were traveling through North Conway when my son became sick and needed medical care. We were brought to Memorial Hospital. Must admit, we were highly impressed with the hospital. The staff was professional and very attentive. They took excellent care of my son. My son was back on his legs within a matter of hours. Thank you, everyone, for taking good care of my son

B

beautiful doii

The hospital as such is okay, but it is the staff which bothers me a lot. I went there during early morning hours few days back after feeling unwell. It was roughly around 6:30, and it was shift change. Nobody was manning the front desk to listen and guide me. I might have waited for nearly 30 minutes before a kind-hearted nurse took pity on me and took my information. I was taken in and after a wait of nearly an hour was taken back to the room. It turns out the ER was deserted, and the delay was due to the absence of the doctor.

What if I had a heart attack in between, who would look after me? What if I had a serious injury and were rushed to the hospital only to find that the doctor has not yet come? These things bother me, and it would be good if the hospital addresses these issues so that no patient ever faces a problem during shift change or lack of presence of the doctor…

Make no mistake; the doctor took good care of me. I am just worried about the non-medical care, especially the near-empty ER, empty front desks and lack of empathy among nurses and other medical staff who despite seeing you struggling for some help choose to carry on with their work.