PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Memorial Hospital Jacksonville located in 3625 UNIVERSITY BLVD S - Jacksonville, FL. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
3625 UNIVERSITY BLVD S
City
JACKSONVILLE
State
FL
ZIP Code
County
DUVAL
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Proprietary
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
6 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
0 minutes
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
27 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
395 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
2.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
58%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
14%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
16.2%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
11.2%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
3%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
11.9%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
7.8%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
16.8%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
3.4%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Significantly better than the National Rate
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Manic

Manic

Good pediatric care

I have always preferred to go to Memorial for any kind of health issues because every time I am there I am treated nice and good. But what moved my heart completely was the way my daughter was taken care of by the pediatric department.

This time when my five year old daughter had food poisoning issues, I decided to take her to Memorial and I think that was the best decision I made with respect to her. I would say I saw my daughter experiencing the best pediatric care and when I say this, I am not only talking about the medical facilities or the treatment, I am taking about the whole pediatric floor ambiance designed to suit children’s mental and emotional needs in addition to the physical ones.

The doctors, the nurses and the other staff were at their best and treated my child in the most amazing way possible. When time came for her to be discharged, she did not want to leave the place because of the royal treatment she received there.

I would definitely give the hospital an overall 4 star rating but I would give the pediatric department here a 5 star rating. If a child needs to be in a hospital under pediatric care, this is the place to be.

REYANSH

REYANSH

I have visited memorial before a number of times but recently I heard a few acquaintances say that things have drastically changed in this place and it is not what it used to be before. It seems these days they do not care about the patients who come in and are busy doing their own things, they have no sense of emergency, they are rude, they are careless and this and that.

But since I already had a good experience with this hospital and their staff, I decided not to pay heed to what I heard and went there after taking an appointment. To my shock, that day even I realized that things had actually took a turn for the worse. It was not the place it used to be. It was taking more than an hour for the doctor to see me. That day I somehow put up with it but the very same day I took a decision that I would never walk into that place again, especially during an emergency situation. They spoilt their reputation by doing what they did to me today.

Two stars just because they were good once upon a time.

JAxsON

JAxsON

My girlfriend slipped from the stairs and landed straight on her arse. When I tried to pick her up, she was experiencing a lot of pain. That is when I took her to this hospital. They ensured she was seated but when I started taking care of the formalities to get her examined, I was redirected from one person to another without any results. That day I spoke to 15 people and all of them were useless; they just kept redirecting me from one person to the other and finally the poor soul started crying inconsolably because of the pain; that’s when invited attention from people around who sternly told the hospital staff she needed immediate attention.

I don’t know what would have happened to her that day if not for the other people around.

D

DeadLurtz

Everybody has their own preference when it comes to things and it is especially true in the case of hospitals. That’s the only reason why we have so many of them to cater to our needs. Whenever I have come here, mostly as an outpatient, I have found things to be well-organized. The front desk has been very polite even when they were dealing with chaotic situations in the hospital and the same is the case with all the doctors.

I have witnessed in front of my own eyes, emergency cases being treated with utmost priority and care and people like me who have been loyal customers for years together, the place offers more than what is expected of. In my case, they always ensure that they do provide me with an express check in so that not much of my time is wasted and I get things done in a jiffy here.

At times, the hospital is buzzing with people and during those times, I told understand the wait and the priority being given to people who actually deserve it.

F

Firequill

I was over at my aunt’s place for the weekend and all of us had a gala time before we hit the bed. Suddenly I am woken up with a loud thud on my door. Apparently my cousin brother developed a shooting pain in the lower abdominal area and the way he was wreathing in pain, we knew we had to take him to the ER as soon as possible.

Memorial was the nearest one, so we took him there. I was impressed looking at the infrastructure of the place. It looked more like a seven star hotel than a hospital. When we went in, to my amazement, I saw how well-maintained the place was; the floors were literally shining.

Coming to the care and treatment part; when we went in somebody was ready to attend to us and rushed my baby bro to the ER department where they found the reason of his pain to be appendicitis. It was obvious a surgery had to be scheduled. My aunt was scared to the core because it was an early Sunday morning and we were not really sure if a surgeon would be available at such a short notice.

But the staffs were efficient enough, they understood the gravity of the situation and arranged for a surgeon soon enough. Even the nurse who was taking care of my bro was very kind and patient and managed to calm him down before the surgery.

Meanwhile, my aunt and myself walked into the cafeteria to grab something to eat. To my amazement, there was freshly baked pizza for breakfast with a whole lot of other options to choose from. I ordered for my favorite thing, the pizza and to my surprise, it was actually good.

I love this place. I am not a hospital kind of a guy, so I definitely do not want to be admitted here but I could come in to eat good food the cafeteria offers.

Ohh, by the way, my cousin brother was well taken care of and was out of the hospital quicker than usual.

J

jaylen1973

I have visited many hospitals on different occasions for something or the other but it is for the first time that hospital staff, from doctors to nurses, from receptionists to technicians to cleaning staff; I came across such a wonderful lot of people who were nothing but caring, professional, patient and friendly.
Mostly, whenever I am in a hospital, I receive cold stares. So, I am kind of used to that all these years. And it is for the first time, I received such good treatment from all the hospital staff I interacted with. It was my first visit to memorial and people here have made a mark on my mind.

E

eden

I am not quite sure about the medical facilities the place had to offer or the competency of the doctors and nurses who work here because I have never been admitted in this place. The only experience I have of this place is when I came over to visit my uncle who was admitted here.

According to me the most important quality a medical professional requires when dealing with his patients, especially the elderly ones is patience. And with the little interaction I had with the people who work for Memorial and from what I saw, they definitely possessed the quality of patience in abundance.

They treated him with so much of love, attention and patience that I felt he was already recovering because of the way he was being treated. Kudos to all of them for so much of patience. I am not sure I could have dealt with someone elderly in such a patient yet efficient manner.

P

phylactery

I know none of us like to be admitted in a hospital or even visit one for that matter. But if such things cannot be avoided at any cost, I can’t think of a better place, a better hospital to be than this one.

I am in my 70s. So, like most of the senior citizens, this is not my first visit to a hospital. I have had various situations like being in the ER, taking appointments to visit doctors and even getting admitted to take a treatment. But for the first time in my hospital visit/admission history, I was in a hospital I believe to be equivalent to heaven. And I say this only and only because of the efficiency and compassionate nature of the nursing staff of this hospital.

Memorial has the best nursing and medical staff I have ever come across. All of them treated me as if I was their own family. It was an honor meeting people like them and taken care of by them. I can’t thank them enough for the love, care, concern and compassion they have shown me the two weeks I was admitted there. I shall forever be grateful to this hospital and I definitely recommend this place.