Top Ortho Hospital High Cost Medstar Franklin Square Medical Center Baltimore MD (Complication Rates) & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Medstar Franklin Square Medical Center located in 9000 FRANKLIN SQUARE DRIVE - Baltimore, MD. Contains reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
9000 FRANKLIN SQUARE DRIVE
City
BALTIMORE
State
MD
ZIP Code
County
BALTIMORE
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
6%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
11 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
416 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
3.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
59%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
12%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
14.1%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
10.7%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Somewhat better than National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
16.4%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
8.1%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
16.2%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.2%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Significantly better than the National Rate
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
eisa

eisa

What a disappointment the Er was- do they even care about the sick patients they ask to rot in the waiting room. I believe no hospital makes someone wait for 5+ hours just to see a doctor. After waiting for 3 hours I was itching so bad to leave but I figured the 3 hours I spent waiting would be in vain. So I waited and waited. Until 5 hours past and then I held it in no longer. Gave a piece of my mind to the nurse who was at the reception and she didn’t seem to care. She claimed everyone complained about it but they were understaffed. But if you’re understaffed it’s no excuse to desert patients like this.

N

Nysa75

Given the circumstances I was happy to have my surgery done here.
It’s never a pleasant experience but at least the nurses did all they could to make it as painless as possible.
Sometimes it’s the care and affection I see in them that makes me happy- like there’s still some hope in humanity.
This is one of those hopsitals that really made me reflect on life. And humanity as a whole.
Thank you Medstar Franklin Hospital for housing such amazing medical professionals who really know how to take care of patients.
Special props to everyone who took the efforts to make me feel more comfortable. Nurses Robin and Nancy especially for being with me through the whole thing.

CaRtEr EvAnS

CaRtEr EvAnS

The wait at the er is crazy long I can’t believe this. Isn’t there some osrt of system that works out a fair amount of waiting time? Cuz I’m pretty sure asking a patient to wait for 3 hours is just inhumane. Completely lost my impression about this hospital, a triage system is long overdue and please get some more staff.

lakelynn10

lakelynn10

When I got the call that my husband was in a car accident I was in a state of complete disbelief and don’t know how I managed to drive myself to the hospital. The meds told me they were taking him to Medstar Franklin. We are new to the city so I didn’t know if that was a good hospital or not.

When we got to the ER department they saw my husband and got right to action. Didn’t waste a second, the front desk woman checked him in, the nurse started his primary check and all was done fastly. After getting into the room there wasn’t any motion for the longest time. Just a lot of people walking outside the door and no one coming insde.

I checked with the nurses from time to time until finally two doctors came inside the room at once with a few nurses behind them. Not sure if waiting for 1.5 hours for a doctor’s attention in an ER btw is a good thing or not, but whatever. They asked me to wait outside and it was the longest wait of my life. They had to perform surgery on him and they shifted him to a different ward- again very fast.

I was scared they would leave me out of the loop because I’m so tiny to begin with but the surgeon/doc/nurse- whoever- always made sure to inform me about the whereabouts of my husband. This was a good sign and despite the fact that there were many complications post the surgery I will never bad mouth this hospital.

They saved my husband’s life and for that I owe them my life. Also the nurses here are very sweet, not like the rumors I’ve heard about nurses being rude and catty all the time. My husband is all healed up now btw.

Z

Zacarias15

Been struggling with digesting my food for so many years. My family kept telling me to consult a colon doctor to check out what the issue was. I finally did it and thank god I did. It wasn’t even that bad. Turns out Ineeded rectal surgery. It was painful and stressful at the time of course. But now that it’s done I feel so much better. Can’t thank Dr. RJ enough for his professionalism and guidance.

R

Rudolph1965

My wife and I have been looking for the ideal spot to give birth to our first born and the search is finally over. After an exhausting list of 19 shortlisted hospitals we finally chose Medstar Franklin because the vibe was so cheerful. The OBs were feeling it, the nurses were feeling it, and boy were we feeling it. After our first appointment we didn’t even have to consider another place because we were so sold on it. Love this hospital and every appointment we’ve had since. My wife is due next month so I’ll be back to write a review then. Until then, 5 stars.

Z

Zeyad1995

I like how well this hospital is run. They have the perfect case management team working for them that takes care of any issues you may have. Also the security over here is the best in town. They don’t randomly yell at you for blocking the entrance, very polite people who explain the rules decently. Very happy with my experience. Peace out.

niamh

niamh

Unbelievable hospital- it is like a hospital in a third world country but maybe service over there would be better. Dear god the kind of ignorance, the arrogance, the ill treatment. It’s just too much!!!