Top Heart Hospital Low Cost Mckay Dee Hospital (Ogden, UT) Complication Rates & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Mckay Dee Hospital located in 4401 HARRISON BOULEVARD - Ogden, UT. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
4401 HARRISON BOULEVARD
City
OGDEN
State
UT
ZIP Code
County
WEBER
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
2%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
241 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
65%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
5%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
12%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
14.4%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
3.7%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
16.9%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
11.4%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
17.1%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.7%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Significantly better than the National Rate
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Significantly better than the National Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
E

Endorphins

I hate this hospital with a passion, the doctors don’t have any drive, they are like zombies in a hospital setting, the nurses are always angry, God knows why almost like they are forced to work at this shitty hospital. I can honestly not think of one thing that I liked here during my 24-hour stay at this hospital. Oh, and BTW- a quick tip to all the nurses, when you’re trying to find a vein for IV, try being a little gentle. Patients can feel stuff (unlike you) and there’s nothing wrong if we express it. So stop yelling all the time. Gosh.

P

paigeswan

You know a department that never gets complimented in reviews ever? The gift shop! And I can’t tell you how pleased I was with the service at McKay Dee’s gift shop (LOL). Okay, first of all, when you call the reception at McKay Dee, they will put you on hold for a really long time.

The first time I think she forgot about me (lol) and I totally had to call back in another hour to get a hold of her. But, I get it… hospitals are busy places. Either way, I was out of town and my husband was down with the flu, so I knew I had to send him a gift while I was away so he’d think of me. I tried calling the gift shop directly but I couldn’t get through, so I called the receptionist again.

This time she put me through to the gift shop people, and man were they a hoot. So much fun talking to them, they were suggesting gifts depending on the likes of my husband and I had a blast. Ended up sending him a pair of socks (inside joke) and an audiobook. He loved them!

T

tlspiegel

People have actually complained about the hygiene at this hospital which is the only thing that alarmed me. I am a total neat freak (OCD level: 10) so when I say I approve of this hospital’s hygiene; it means they are the highest level of clean. I was here only for 12 hours but hygiene was not one of my concerns here. That said, the doctors need to be a little less busy all the time. Sick of seeing PAs alone.

F

FatAmy

I hate indecisive reviews myself but bear with me- because I’ve been thinking a lot about how to write this review. There are pros and cons getting admitted here (no doubt) so which side to lean towards is totally your call. Choose according to factors that matter most to you.

For me, the first and foremost thing,
of course was that they care for patients like I’ve never seen anywhere else. It’s the affection and compassion that a good human being should feel for a fellow human being that is seen in this hospital and honestly I was in awe of it from day 1. Had been admitted in McKay Dee as an inpatient after being under observation for 2 days, so I was happy to have my own room. But when I was sharing it with another patient, I really saw how much they cared for the patients, not just me.

Two nurses who would always talk to each other in Spanish when they entered the room often bugged me because they were a little loud and I’d always be sleeping when they entered, but turns out, they are really nice people. When my fellow patient in the room was going to surgery, these two nurses knelt down on the cold hospital floor and prayed for him. A sight I never expected from hospital employees, and even though I’m an atheist, can’t say that it didn’t warm my heart.

Okay, now that the pros are done with, on to the cons. While I am not including being woken up all four days by the chatty Spanish nurses as a con, there were certain other immediate pitfalls. For instance, food. I don’t know if they stored that food for weeks before giving it to us but the chicken I received was so dry. It tasted raw and undercooked as well, and I could tell it had been left out for days. I spat it out immediately because the last thing I wanted to add to my hospital stay was food poisoning. Gotta say it’s ironic that they give bad food at hospitals.

But even food you can replace; just get food from elsewhere, it’s not a big deal. But you want to know what is a big deal? Having to stay in a room that has hair on the floor, that too tiny hairs so you KNOW it’s unsanitary. And my bedspread had a sock on it before I was asked to occupy the bed. When I told them I needed a different room with another bed, they said that was the only one there and I would have to wait for days before I could change. Very annoying. But I mean, all things considered, it wasn’t the worst hospital experience I’ve had. Meh.

A

Ahsan khan

Can we just talk about how nice the people here are? Omg I didn’t even feel like it was a hospital. Also, very cosmopolitan docs. The doctor in charge used to be in Doctors Without Borders and had such amazing stories to tell me about Africa and India. Very helpful people here, attentive and will answer all your questions.

S

SwampFox

Words fail me as I try to write an amazing review for McKay Dee. The truth is that no one can have an amazing experience at a hospital but McKay Dee is pretty damn close to perfect. And this is coming from a person who cannot stand the sight of hospitals. I had to pay a visit to the ever busy ED at McKay Dee and was really nervous about it. But the staff at this hospital treat you like their own from the minute you step in. There’s a sense of understanding from the very start that really helps with the nerves. Recommend, recommend, recommend.

K

katszy

McKay Dee Labor and Delivery unit is the best. They have the best OBs and OB nurses at this department, very thorough people, explain all procedures and medication before prescribing it and will easily become a part of your family (ha-ha). Very comfortable delivery at this hospital, will come back.

xeylonfm

xeylonfm

Three months ago, I felt like I was on the verge of dying. While riding my bike, I had a horrible collision with a car and almost broke my neck completely. Was taken immediately to McKay Dee. I was treated here for many weeks before showing any signs of recovery. I was at a point where they were calling all my family members to say goodbye. But a true miracle happened at McKay Dee. I’m not a religious person but I do think there’s a truth to why I was brought back to life. Biiig thanks to the great nurses and doctors and surgeons who stood by me 24x7, putting me on special care, and helping me through physical therapy.