Low Cost Mason General Hospital & Family Of Clinics (Shelton, WA) Complication Rates & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Mason General Hospital & Family Of Clinics located in 901 MT VIEW DRIVE - Shelton, WA. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
901 MT VIEW DRIVE
City
SHELTON
State
WA
ZIP Code
County
MASON
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Critical Access Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Government - Hospital District or Authority
Emergency Department Volume
Not Available
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
Not Available
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
Not Available
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
Not Available
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
226 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
78%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
6%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
14%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
15.8%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
14.5%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
9.5%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
16.3%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.6%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
Rosa

Rosa

This review is for the staff at this hospital. No hesitation in saying that the staff at Mason General Hospital & Family of Clinics is helpful and super friendly. They can schedule appointments promptly. Whenever I go to this wonderful hospital, I always feel welcome and am not "just another number." Having entire gamut of medical care at one place is very convenient and helpful to everyone. I would always come back to this hospital.

P

pennylane

Mason General Hospital is very scary! Patients should be BEWARE..... Going to Mason General Hospital & Family of Clinics is like playing Russian Roulette!!

You should double check every single thing that has been done to you. Please do not leave anything to chance. Don't end up becoming a victim of this hellhole. Ask about the credentials of the doctor who is treating you. All these things are important because you never know how you would end up. I have suffered badly after visiting this hospital. I am still getting treatment to help myself get back on my feet.

M

mazure

Horrible hospital!

This would summarize my view of Mason General Hospital & Family of Clinics.

The nurse practitioner whom I visited never seemed interested in treating my back issues. The NP said all I needed to do for stopping the severe back pain was avoid eating gluten. When I visited the ER, the on-call doctor spent his princely 3 minutes and asked what my self-diagnosis was. I told him that I think it was sciatica. He said, “Good. We will treat you for that.” I was gobsmacked. I even told the NP, nurse and the doctor that I was unable to stand without support, but for them, this was normal for a person who attained 35 years. My wife pleaded with me to take a second opinion, and I took the same in Seattle. It turns out there was a need for emergency surgery.

The medical staff out at Mason General Hospital & Family of Clinics are idiotic and incompetent. They seemed quite pissed off when I sought the second opinion about my back. I requested that I wanted a copy of the bill and gave this request in writing at least five times. I have not yet got a reply from them. If you need real help, then drive to Olympia.

F

fanta

I had to visit Mason General Hospital after suffering from a severe, life-threatening illness that required an ER visit and admission to the floor. I am really floored by the excellent quality of care that I received. I do not do reviews, but the treatment that I received made me write this review. The staff is caring and very competent. They never treated me like I was a burden to them. Thanks to their wonderful care, I have completely recovered from my illness. They were also very happy to see me during the follow-up, and I got the same quality of care that I got during my admission. The facility is modern, well-equipped, and has easy accessibility. I highly recommend this hospital if you need quality healthcare.

L

ladysparkle

I was rushed to MGH ED after having tachycardia and giddiness. I was seen almost immediately. The staff was friendly and had excellent bedside manners. The on-call doctor checked me and ordered some tests. I was advised to stay overnight for observation. The staff ensured that my entire stay was comfortable and gave regular updates. The scans revealed nothing serious and the doctor gave discharge orders, the next day morning. The billing was also quite a breeze. I will revisit this hospital if the need arises.