PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Marymount Hospital located in 12300 MCCRACKEN ROAD, GARFIELD HEIGHTS - Garfield Heights, OH. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
12300 MCCRACKEN ROAD, GARFIELD HEIGHTS
City
GARFIELD HEIGHTS
State
OH
ZIP Code
County
CUYAHOGA
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
14 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
2%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
2 minutes
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
42 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
260 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
69%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
6%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
13%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
8.4%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly better than National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
11.9%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
7.1%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
12.5%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Better than the National Rate
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.4%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
N

namby-pamby

My first choice; now and forever

I am 67 year old and Mary Mount hospital has been my first choice since long for my medical treatments. Recently I underwent a knee replacement surgery in this hospital and I was admitted here for many days.

Having spent a good amount of time in this hospital, I know this place and the people who work here in and out. Like everywhere, there are a few problematic people here as well but majority of the staff including the doctors are very kind and considerate. They know what you are going through; so they make sure you feel comfortable at all times.

The nurses who were assigned to me gave me round the clock attention, proactively offered help every time I needed it and even happily accommodated the visitors who came to meet me. My food and medicines were all given to me on time. I don’t think I can expect anything more to be done for me.

My daughter even visited the Cleveland Clinic that is an addition to the main hospital and she was all in praises for the place. According to my daughter, its sparkling clean and well-maintained.

I would definitely recommend this hospital!

C

Chris

If you want to make use of the cafeteria to grab a quick bite late into the night that too at reasonable rates, then it is definitely a good idea to come to this place. If not, stay away!

As far as medical facilities are concerned, the place doesn’t have anything much to offer. And oh! Please do not fall for its amazing infrastructure. After all, beauty is not everything in life. People who work here desperately need to undergo a training to improve their communication skills. All of them are confused and most of the time lost in their own thoughts. They have no time to look up from their phones and look at you in your face and talk properly. They keep mumbling this and that until you finally lose your patience. And the next thing the entire hospital staff of this place lack is empathy; one among those qualities that is most required for those in this profession.

There are so many better places out there if you want to get yourselves treated. Stay away from this one!

F

fiddlesticks

My mom recently moved to this locality and I and my 7 year old daughter were here paying her a visit. My daughter was playing outside while mom and I were catching up with each other. Suddenly we heard a loud noise from outside and when I went out, the other children who were playing with my daughter told me that my monkey kid was trying to climb a tree but slipped and fell off its branch. When I looked at her, she was bleeding profusely and I knew she would have hurt herself real bad.

I decided to take her to Marymount as one of mom’s neighbours told me that it was a good place. I rushed her there and I filled out a form for her admission at the front desk and was asked to wait. I patiently did for 30 minutes and still there was no sign of anybody even coming to take a look at her to analyse her condition. When after 45 minutes, I did not see anyone bothering to take her triage at least, I decided to leave the place as my daughter was a complete mess and in utter pain.

I took her to another hospital where she was seen immediately and things were taken care of. So, if you ask me, please save yourself a trip to this hospital and go elsewhere.

epiphany

epiphany

My mom recently moved to this locality and I and my 7 year old daughter were here paying her a visit. My daughter was playing outside while mom and I were catching up with each other. Suddenly we heard a loud noise from outside and when I went out, the other children who were playing with my daughter told me that my monkey kid was trying to climb a tree but slipped and fell off its branch. When I looked at her, she was bleeding profusely and I knew she would have hurt herself real bad.

I decided to take her to Marymount as one of mom’s neighbors told me that it was a good place. I rushed her there and I filled out a form for her admission at the front desk and was asked to wait. I patiently did for 30 minutes and still there was no sign of anybody even coming to take a look at her to analyse her condition. When after 45 minutes, I did not see anyone bothering to take her triage at least, I decided to leave the place as my daughter was a complete mess and in utter pain.

I took her to another hospital where she was seen immediately and things were taken care of. So, if you ask me, please save yourself a trip to this hospital and go elsewhere.

cillian

cillian

I went in to this hospital for a proper first aid after a Rottweiler bit me bad; real bad. I was bleeding throughout and was in a very bad shape. My friend had to drive me to the hospital and nobody here even bothered to help me out in getting out of the car or to the emergency room.

We came in to receive cold responses from the front desk staff and a few nurses. And after making me wait in pain for an hour, they told me they can’t treat me here. My friend was losing his patience and the moment he heard that, he just took me out of that place and we drove elsewhere where I was treated with empathy and taken proper care of.

Mine was still not a life threatening situation. What if a person who needs to be immediately attended to is treated like this, without any sense of emergency. He would end up losing his life. So, I sincerely request – do not step into this place especially for an ER kind of a situation.

A

Alayna

Conservative catholic environment

I found the staff here to be not bad. They know what needs to be done in a particular situation and all of that. But I want despised about the place is their conservative catholic environment and thinking. For example, if a lady is on oral contraceptives, the management looks down upon them and treat them as sinners. Neither do they prescribe such kind of medications

By the way, their pharmacy doesn’t even keep condoms. So, now you know what I mean. Even though the doctors and nurses might be well trained and great in their profession, but to put up with such conservative thoughts is not everyone’s cup of tea.

So, according to your views, beliefs and tolerance capacity, you can now decide whether or not to come to this place.