PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Mary Washington Hospital located in 1001 SAM PERRY BOULEVARD - Fredericksburg, VA. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
1001 SAM PERRY BOULEVARD
City
FREDERICKSBURG
State
VA
ZIP Code
County
FREDERICKSBURG CITY
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
43 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
4%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
13 minutes
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
73 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
350 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
3.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
57%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
9%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
13.2%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
10.2%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
3.2%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
12.2%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
8.4%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
13.6%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Better than the National Rate
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
1.8%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Better than the National Rate
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
D

Dorothy

I don’t want to be “that person” who goes around stomping their feet, saying that Black Lives Matter, but I’m sorry- it’s true. They treated me like I was a drug addict and that it was MY FAULT that I had Aids, and typecast me as soon as I entered the hospital. Really disgusted by my experience here and will never come back.

N

nomis

One would assume that a small medical issue like getting a cut on your toe could be treated within no time. A small part of my toe was severed by accident, and I was taken into the ER. You won’t believe that something as small (yet very painful) as that took me 7 hours to get treated and out of there. I came in at 11:35 pm and left and 6:30 am. Two of my friends took me in and one of them left at 2 am because he had work, but I and my other friend literally spent our whole night in this freezing hospital where the heat wasn’t working well that night. How unfortunate.

It’s best you don’t show up at the ER for anything because no matter the issue, you have to wait. There was this old man who was coughing up blood and they even made him wait. The poor guy didn’t even have anyone with him, and yet they made him wait. I had a nurse take my blood pressure (God knows why) half an hour after coming in and the next thing I know, we were stuck in the ER waiting room for over 4 hours, JUST to see a doctor. And what do you know, after 4 hours, all we got was a Physician’s assistant, who stitched up my toe in under 10 minutes.

So that was basically 4 and a half hours of waiting for 10 minutes of treatment. Oh, and it gets worse: the “discharge” is even worse. I don’t know why we can’t just pay for whatever and get the hell out of the hospital. But no, there’s so much paperwork for a small, severed toe and they literally billed me $1600!!! For a small stitching procedure, where they have mentioned this as the “base fee for an ER visit”. It’s not that I would’ve ignored the toe, but it would’ve been a lot easier to just stitch it up myself.

Q

Quellious

The wait time everywhere is bad. I thought the ER wait was horrible, but the lung and heart center is just as bad. No matter how sick a patient is, there is still an arduous wait time. The staff members are good but most of the new, young ones take way too many breaks on their phones. It’s not like their #1 priority is helping patients, which should be changed. These millennials!

sunshiney

sunshiney

This hospital has literally been our safe haven for years now, whether it was for my breathing issues at night, my husband’s severe twitching issues or even my teenage daughter’s insomnia problem, everything was treated immediately and with such precision. Our family doctor has been a physician here for 10+ years and is literally the best doctor you’ll ever find. Treats every patient like they’re his own and is not biased in any way. They are very professional, will treat you immediately, don’t have to wait around for anything and bill you for only what you get treated for.

C

cbrown

I have to say that there’s some truth in all the negative reviews that I’ve read on Yelp and other review platforms because not everyone can be lying. Besides, after my recent visit to Mary Washington, I can say that I am very annoyed by how much they make you wait. I mean, I have waited shorter for Peace Corps, and to think you’re getting neglected by the doctors for that long is just insane.

Do they really not have as many doctors who can speed up the process so that ailing patients don’t have to be in that much pain for that long? I have sent a long, nasty letter to the hospital, asking them to look into this matter, but I’m uncertain about whether something about this will actually be done.

The quality of nurses, by the way- not dependable, let’s just say. My first day at the hospital as an inpatient was amazing, but then the next shift of nurses came flooding in with the loudest voices and the least amount of consideration for patients.

All they cared about was gossiping about fellow nurses and boy drama. I literally had to sit through an entire discussion about whether one of their boyfriends was neglecting her because she didn’t please him enough. Needless to say, I was more than uncomfortable with the service here. NEVER again.

kirankumar

kirankumar

My dad was taken care of in the best way possible at Mary Washington and I will forever be indebted to the excellent medical staff at the ER center. They were very professional with treating him, but at the same time, very compassionate to the family members who clearly needed someone to lean on. They treated him promptly, find out the source of the issue and within 2 months, my father was perfectly fine, back to life, and very happy.

buddy

buddy

The trauma center at Mary Washington is insanely good, something I would not expect from a hospital I’d heard so many negative reviews about. But it’s true what they say, don’t judge a hospital by its reviews alone. I had some severe chest pains and shortness of breath late at night last week and didn’t know what to do. My wife was out of town with work and I don’t like calling the ambulance so I drove myself over to Mary Washington slowly, praying along the way. Thankfully nothing happened, I reached on time, but as soon as I reached the trauma center, the pain elevated like mad. I immediately collapsed onto the floor and then the medical staff took it from there.

I was rushed into the ER and put me under observation. I was given something for the pain and within minutes, I felt a little better- but still, severely tired so I napped while under observation. I woke up to find the doctor peering down at me and commanding the nurse to give me something (they spoke in medical language, IDK what it was). Anyway, I had to do nothing, just sit there and relax while they did everything else. Later on they told me I had a blockage and would need bypass surgery. I obliged, obviously, and they informed my wife who flew in immediately. What can I say, all went smoothly, so thankful!

M

Mzpeaceful

On the 14th of April, I was at a dinner party and suddenly felt like I was going to die. Experienced a horrible headache and a shooting pain in my spinal cord and felt horribly dizzy. Thankfully, I was taken to this hospital where they treated me with great affection. The doctors, the nurses and the anesthesiologists were all very kind and explained everything in depth to me. I didn’t feel like I’d wasted a single second at this hospital because they worked continuously to make me feel better.