Pain Med Friendly Martin Luther King Community Hospital (Los Angeles, CA) Complication Rates & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Martin Luther King Community Hospital located in 1680 EAST 120TH STREET - Los Angeles, CA. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
1680 EAST 120TH STREET
City
LOS ANGELES
State
CA
ZIP Code
County
LOS ANGELES
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
17 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
2%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
9 minutes
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
32 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
473 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
64%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
6%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
11.7%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
7.8%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
14.6%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
Not Available
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Not Available
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Not Available
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
A

alEJaNDrA

My dad has been extremely sick for the past one month and doctors have tried many a things to make him better but nothing has been completely effective in curing him of his present condition. One night, all of a sudden he got worse than usual and we rushed him to the ER of this hospital and as we got there the nurse had the audacity to tell me that I shouldn’t have brought him to the ER for such trivial issues. So much of attitude!

For 5 hours, he waited for someone to at least notice him and make him feel better but nobody even cared to do that. So, finally he walked up to me and said that he wants to return home. The day my dad was ill treated there, I hate that place ever since!

qwerty111

qwerty111

I have been to this community hospital quite a few times; mostly to the ER and once to have my baby delivered. I have had good experiences whenever I visited here. The ER staff are one of the best I have ever met- totally cool, warm and friendly; all at the same time.

Even during my labor and delivery, the nurses were amazing and took wonderful care of me and my baby boy. There were times when I felt low but all of them made combined efforts to cheer me up and gave me some good tips to take care of the baby without tiring myself too much.

I had a wonderful post delivery time there and I would like to thank all of them for making it a memorable experience for me.

N

numbskull

I would never recommend anyone to go to this malicious place. They don’t know their work at all. I came in here because I was on my period and I was bleeding heavier than usual and this time it had been over a week. I could not think of any reason good enough. So, when I started to feel weak and could no longer handle it, I felt the best thing to be done was to go to a hospital and see a doctor.

So, with great difficulty, I managed to come here only to be disappointed. The ER staff were not helpful at all and didn’t even bother to do any tests. They just made me wait for hours together and finally when I was seen, they came up with a lame reason that it could be due to hormonal imbalance and put me on some pills. And then, again I was royally ignored!

After waiting for 2 more hours, I grabbed something to eat from their cafeteria which was horrible just like them and then returned home. That place is no good I tell you….

lagoon

lagoon

I was brought into the ER of MLK hospital when I started feeling all weird and dizzy in the middle of a meeting. I must say the new facility is too good, with all the top notch medical facilities and the building infrastructure is beyond comparison. Amazingly well-kept the whole place is!

It was afternoon and the ER was super busy and although I had to wait for 15-20 minutes before being seen, I must say the ER staff, all of them are putting in a lot of efforts. I must honestly acknowledge that handling so many patients at a time is not a child’s play.

I personally feel, a little bit more of efforts and the hospital will be world class! The doctors are so down to earth and the nurses who work there can be otherwise called as “angels on earth”. A little bit of tinkering here and there and the hospital will definitely make it to one of the best hospitals in the world.

mallory

mallory

I decided to write this review because I could not stop myself from appreciating the very good staff over there. They are class apart and one of their kind.

I simply loved the attitude of every single soul who works there. The security is a very nice guy but when it comes to the safety of the patients inside the hospital, he is firm as well. everyone else too were friendly with a smile on their faces at all times.

I was sick but the people who work here made me feel a lot better; the medicines played only a secondary role.

I would highly recommend this hospital because of the nicety of the staff working here.