PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Mariners Hospital located in 91500 OVERSEAS HIGHWAY - Tavernier, FL. Contains reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
91500 OVERSEAS HIGHWAY
City
TAVERNIER
State
FL
ZIP Code
County
MONROE
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Critical Access Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
low
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
5 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
236 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
Not Available
Doctor Communication Star Rating
Not Available
Nurse Communication Star Rating
Not Available
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
87%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
4%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
11%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
7.2%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
14.7%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
Not Available
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Not Available
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average

66livie

This freaking hospital charged me $2,200 in hospital bills along with $500 in doctor’s bill for A ER VISIT THAT LASTED LESS THAN 30 MINUTES, of which the waiting time was nearly 20 minutes, interaction with staff was 5 minutes, and billing took five minutes. There were no tests, procedures, and diagnosis, no anything. Talk about being looted in broad daylight. These bloody idiots should have mentioned this beforehand; at least would have decided to look for another option. No plans of returning.

78faigy

Since the beginning of this year, hospitals have been mandated to display their price lists. This has led to a massive reduction in costs. For example, Mariners Hospital has reduced the price of rabies shot by nearly 80%. Thanks to Trump, these blood-sucking parasites realize that people would just hop on to another hospital if they feel prices are not within their budget.

A stay kitten nicked me during Christmas, and I had to take a rabies shot – cost $50,000 for what is now a $3,000 rabies shot. Oh, this does not include any doctor visitations. Of course rabies shot was always expensive, but now we know beforehand how much we are going to pay. Guess the hospitals now realize that patients are willing to drive that much extra to get treated in hospitals where the prices are reasonable while staying away from the “we have to make extra profit so what if the patient dies” hospitals!

LeEn

LeEn

I had a very good ER visit at this hospital. My family had come on vacation, and I, unfortunately, ended up visiting the ER due to a bad fall. The staff at Mariners were exceptional and very compassionate. They took me in very quickly and took me back to the room where a PA came and bandaged the wounds. I was given a tetanus shot and some anti-inflammatories and pain medicines. The whole visit might have lasted for 30 minutes. Visiting a hospital during a vacation is awful, but the wonderful staff at Mariners made it more bearable. Thank you

connor riley

connor riley

Last December, we had rushed to this hospital after my wife ended up with severe lower abdominal pain. She was diagnosed with appendicitis and needed surgery. We stayed in the hospital for nearly three days. The staff was very friendly and did not give a chance to complain during these days. The food served to her was excellent; it looked like a gourmet meal. The doctor and surgeon who operated upon her were super friendly. They had the patience to explain everything and also encouraged us to ask any questions. Very grateful to the wonderful staff. All of you would always be in our prayers

ELEANORA

ELEANORA

Broke my wrist while visiting friends. Reached the ER and was attended to very quickly. There was no wait time. I received professional, quick, and very friendly service from the staff as well as the ER doctor. Won’t hesitate to recommend this hospital to my friends in Tavernier.