PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Marina Del Rey Hospital located in 4650 LINCOLN BLVD - Marina Del Rey, CA. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
4650 LINCOLN BLVD
City
MARINA DEL REY
State
CA
ZIP Code
County
LOS ANGELES
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Proprietary
Emergency Department Volume
medium
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
3%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
4 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
282 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
3.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
67%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
13%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
11.5%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
11.8%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
13.7%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
7.9%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
14.6%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.6%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
edith rivera

edith rivera

Marina del has nothing to boast of except a few good doctors and some 2-3 good nurses. Rest everything and everyone there are completely good for nothing. 90% of the staff working there are plain lazy and if you try to get some work done from them, they are utterly rude!!!

But at the same time, I wouldn’t deny that there are a few good nurses as well as doctors who know their work well and treat you like a human too. It is only them in that entire hospital who have some kind of compassion in them.

Rest; nobody cares in that hospital and they are only bothered about their shift timings and their paychecks. So, I don’t think one can expect any kind of service from such ruddy people!! They do not even deserve to be called medical staff.

RookSoup

RookSoup

I have been hospitalized at Marina Del once post a procedure and even otherwise visited the ER here multiple times. I wouldn’t say this hospital and all of its staff are perfect because after all at the end of the day, they too are just human beings and there is certain limit to which they can function without making mistakes that too after slogging the whole day.

So, other than a few not so good things here and there; I would go on to say that I have had good experiences at this hospital. The doctors and the nurses have always been solicitous and they are highly empathetic towards their patients is what I have observed whenever I have been there.

Since I have had good experiences at this place that too on different occasions, I don’t think one should have a bad experience here unless they are having a really bad overall.

sandrawilliams19

sandrawilliams19

The doctors seemed a lil shrewd to me but the nurses here are an epitome of love and affection. Every single soul in the hospital see to it that you have a pleasant and smooth experience there and they leave no stone unturned to make that happen.

There were two instances; once when my mom was admitted here and the second time when I got admitted for 2 days. I had peace of mind even though my mom was admitted in the hospital and could go about with my daily routine without having to worry about her because I knew I could trust these people with her life and they did things far beyond my expectations.

Thank you for being so nice to me and my mom and taking remarkable care!

M

Major Face Cheer

I have been to many hospitals previously for something or the other and at times even to visit people. But never in my life have I ever encountered such rude staff. I don’t know her name but there one particular lady nurse who behaved in a very awful manner.

Her tone was very condescending and had someone not intervened I felt she would have yelled at me. Not just her, the entire place seemed to be filled with staff who were dissatisfied and frustrated with their job in that hospital.

I did not like the negative vibes that I got from this place and I am not going back there again. Do not want to spoil my day because of such douche bags!!

O

OCEAN71

I dunno who exactly is behind the bad training given to the staff who work here but I would really like to meet that person so that I can give him/her a piece of my mind and brief them on how to train their staff so that they value their patient’s time.

I have seen with my own eyes how one staff does not communicate what needs to be done to the other and all of them roam around like confused souls. I have expressed my concerns during various times and all they have done to address them is ignore them in totality.

I have been forced to go to this hospital and the moment I get a chance I am running far away from this place.

1989avalee

Recently, I was here at the ER of this hospital because my loved one met with a minor accident. And I must admit, the staff here are really really great. I rushed to the hospital because I was concerned for my loved one but when I got there, I saw that I had absolutely no role to play and everything from A-Z was entirely taken care of by the doctors and nurses working there.

I think this place has one of the best ER I have ever seen. I will definitely recommend this place. You have an emergency; you should be going here and nowhere else.

Mustache_Lover17

Mustache_Lover17

I do not have any complaints regarding the services they provide but the way they billed me; I get this strong feeling that there is some kind of shady business going on there.

Let me tell you what happened! I visited the ER a few months back and although I have insurance and they cover everything, these hospital people insisted that I pay them directly and billed me $4000 for a few hours of stay in there.

And then again after a few days, I receive another bill of the same amount from these people and when I called them up, initially they did not admit it was their mistake and even threatened me to an extent to pay the sum. But I did not give up and I fought it out.

They were just trying to get extra money from me and it was so evident.

Annslee

Annslee

My dad fell off during a soccer match practice and injured himself pretty bad. His friends brought him to the ER of Marina Del and my mom and I rushed there.

I was awfully worried for him because I don’t trust these ER people as they have the habit of delaying with everything and I didn’t want that to happen to my dad.

But when I got there, I saw that he was checked in and there were two nurses and a doctor attending to him. My mom spoke to the doctor and he was extremely courteous to her and gave her the reassurance that things would be fine.

I loved the way they handled the situation and took care of my dad. THANK YOU……