Low Cost Mammoth Hospital, Mammoth Lakes CA (Complication Rates) & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Mammoth Hospital located in 85 SIERRA PARK ROAD PO BOX 660 - Mammoth Lakes, CA. Contains reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
85 SIERRA PARK ROAD PO BOX 660
City
MAMMOTH LAKES
State
CA
ZIP Code
County
MONO
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Critical Access Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Government - Hospital District or Authority
Emergency Department Volume
Not Available
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
Not Available
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
Not Available
Overall Hospital Rating
5.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
5.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
5.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
84%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
3%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.5%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Not Available
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
R

Reyaan

A few months back, I broke my tibia and fibula in a ski accident, and I was rushed to Mammoth Hospital. This hospital is excellent and staffed by some of the most wonderful people that one could come across. The ER nurse was great and stayed with me all the time, even when the doctor inspected me and advised immediate surgery. The Surgery Depart again was exceptional and manned by some excellent nurses, doctors, and surgeons. The surgeon came and asked about my details and how the accident happened etc. all the while looking at various scans. He explained the operation in details and reassured me with a wonderful smile. I underwent another surgery a few days later after it turned out that the bone was nearly 15 degrees off the mark. That surgery was also successful. I stayed for nearly three weeks in the hospital (both surgeries included) and not even once did I face any stressful situation or deficiency in service. Thank you, everyone, for taking good care of me

Meghan Silva

Meghan Silva

Mammoth Hospital ER is exceptional. The staff and the doctors friendly and knowledgeable. They took great care of me. Though my injury was somewhat minor, they treated me well. The doctor came and visited me when she heard I was not from this place. She even shared the best places to eat, go shopping, etc. Now that’s is something which has never happened before. Truly pleased with the care and the love and warmth they have given to my family and me

C

christiano

I visited Mammoth after my back pain refused to die down. It just kept on increasing in intensity. Unable to bear it any more, I visited the ER on a late evening. The wait time was almost negligible, and the doctor saw me in a few minutes. After I told him about my pain, he asked me to take some rest, avoid heavy pulling as he feared it might be a muscle strain. He also gave some pain meds to bear with the pain. Fast forward to last week. I had to visit WY for some work, and the back pain flared up again. I was taken to the ER nearest to my hotel, and the doctor ordered a scan which showed a small inflammation in my back, which had increased in size. If the Mammoth ER doctor had taken a scan, this situation would not have arisen.

The best part was the billing. For my visit to Mammoth ER, which lasted for nearly 45 minutes, I was charged $700, and for the Wyoming ER visit, which lasted for nearly three to four hours, I was charged $1500. So not only was I misdiagnosed, but they also overcharged me.

Planning to look for some other ER

S

Striker

Had a quick ER visit for a migraine which was not reducing with medicines and even strong black coffee (one of my Indian friends gave me this idea. it always worked). The doctor talked with me and asked me to take a few other measures and gave me a shot. It worked well. I was in and out of the ER within a matter of 30 minutes. Satisfied with the treatment. Would return for any other medical need…