PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Maimonides Medical Center located in 4802 TENTH AVENUE - Brooklyn, NY. Contains reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
4802 TENTH AVENUE
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
ZIP Code
County
KINGS
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
544 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
2.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
1.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
1.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
44%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
17%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
9.1%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
Significantly better than National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
8.9%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
2.3%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
8.9%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Better than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
6.3%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
12.1%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Better than the National Rate
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.2%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
M

MUHAMED88

Take it from me, the place is worse than a 3rd world country hospital! How I wish now that I had read reviews about this place before getting my dad here. I brought him to the ER because of chest pain and he should have been seen by a cardiologist immediately but when I enquired about the same,
I was told that it would take time as nothing was put in order.

And later, after many hours I got to know that the hospital doesn’t have a cardiologist in the first place and they were bluffing about it to me all this while. I was really pissed off with them and it was then I realized in what deep shit I had put my dad in.

I got him discharged and took him elsewhere. My dad is a heart patient but thankfully that day, his chest pain that day was because of gas troubles. It is dangerous to bring your loved ones here as the hospital does not have any value for their lives.

D

demario

I don’t think I will ever take the risk of getting admitted or treated here because the staff who work here don’t know a shit about things they are supposed to handle. I called in here when the year started to enquire about a policy and I had to speak to 7 people and none of them knew anything about it.

One person transferred the call to another saying that they didn’t know about it and this vicious cycle continued till I decided to put down the phone. I don’t think I was expecting too much from them. It was after all an answer to a simple question.

DaLeArNoLd

DaLeArNoLd

I delivered my baby here and I was given the best care possible. I did not have much choice when it came to where I would deliver my baby and this place would have been my last choice. But given my situation, I had to come here.

But when I delivered my baby, I am glad I did it here. They get you admitted here a day or two prior to your due date and ensure that you get total rest. They make you feel comfortable, give you tips and prepare you for your bug day.

I felt awesome and the way I was treated, I felt like a queen who was taken good care of every single moment. Whatever I learnt about labor, delivery and taking care of my child, I learnt it here and I am grateful to them for all of that and much more.

They are one of the oldest and busiest hospitals in town and they know what they are doing. I can assure that you will be in great hands if you choose to deliver your baby here.

J

Joachim21

I would directly go to a morgue than coming here. A few nurses who work for this hospital are super duper in their job and are excellent in what they do but the majority are mean and rude to the core. They are far from being accommodative and despise you as soon as they can.

The doctors are worse and they treat you like trash. At least the doctor who saw me was a complete asshole I would say. I waited for 4 hours till I got a pain medication and when I casually mentioned it to her that I was made to wait for 4 hours, she made me wait without any reason for another one hour and finally sent me back home.

Such crappy attitude I tell you!! Not even competent enough to handle a simple case like me and the heights of attitude she showed! Ohhhhh Godddd!!!!!

Naomi_Wright

Naomi_Wright

Horrible experience here at the ER!!!

Every time I speak to someone about this hospital, I tell them about my experience and why they should never prefer to come to the ER of this facility. Whenever I have been there, I encountered a nasty woman who was in charge of the ER and she wouldn’t let anybody live in peace or for that matter even die in peace.

She blatantly lies to you and keeps on telling you that someone will come to see you soon whereas in reality, she will make you wait for hours together before letting a doctor know that they have a patient waiting to see them.

This is just one aspect of the story. The real scenario of Maimonides hospital is no less than a horror story. In my opinion, one should avoid going here at all costs.

T

trainwreck

Maimonides hospital is an awesome hospital with top notch facilities and staff who truly care for their patients. I have been to this hospital and ever single time I stepped in there, I have been treated wonderfully well by all the nurses and doctors.

But there are two things that I did not like about the hospital, one is their technicians, for they are never on time and make a whole lot of mistakes and the second is their cafeteria/the quality of food they serve. There have been times when I found them to be under cooked and completely tasteless.

Geremy1993

Geremy1993

I have had the worst experience here at the ER. The nurses who work here are the nastiest ones I have seen on the planet. A patient in pain is like a complete fun to them; the more helpless the patient is, the better the fun. They care hoots for their patients and instead of serving them, they are at all times on their cell phones or giggling and gossiping with each other.

Don’t even think of coming here.

H

hanna

The place is utter chaos and a visit to this hospital can leave you feeling frustrated for day together. Nothing can go on smoothly here ever; from being seen by a doc to getting your prescription filled, every single thing seems to be a tedious task to complete when you are here.

I think one should avoid this place at all costs