Low Cost Magee Womens Hospital Of UPMC Pittsburgh PA (Complication Rates) & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Magee Womens Hospital Of Upmc located in 300 HALKET STREET - Pittsburgh, PA. Contains reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
300 HALKET STREET
City
PITTSBURGH
State
PA
ZIP Code
County
ALLEGHENY
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Other
Emergency Department Volume
medium
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
0%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
242 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
66%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
5%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
11.8%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
8.4%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
16.5%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.6%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Significantly better than the National Rate
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Taylor

Taylor

Hate that this is the only hospital in the city tht is covered by my insurance because I absolutely hate it. Im not even kidding every time I come to this hospital the people make faces of disgust like they’d rather not see me at all. Very annoyed by this and if I were rich I would defs go to another hospital. Looks like I’m stuck.

M

mahnoor

My sister spoke very highly of the labor ward at this hospital so I thought Id’ give it a shot this time. My previous pregnancy posed a lot of challenges but this one was cake walk. Mostly because of how competent the staff at the hospital was. Very sweet, nurses were the best and my OB is the most hip doctor I know of. Very good experience here.

E

ellyana

Gave birth at Magee Women’s – it is one of the best hospitals the country has to offer. I took complete advantage of all the benefits they offer soon to be mothers and the birthing process – although traditional went effortlessly. The whole credit goes to the entire birthing team in the Labor And Delivery Department at Magee Women’s, you really know how to make the birthing process really surreal and beautiful. But after my son’s delivery I started feeling extremely depressed and such.

At first I thought it was because of having a major change in my lifestyle. Also I pride myself a lot in the way that I look physically and after giving birth I looked like a zombie. So I figured it was that. And a lot of new mothers figure it’s that but in reality it’s so much worse. When I finally decided to talk to my OB about it she told me I could be struggling with postpartum depression and after taking a few recovery classes I realized how far below the rabbit hole I’d actually gone. Was so happy to receive this recovery class suggested by my very sweet and caring OB. Things were looking better when after a month I started falling ill too often.

The worst part was that when the mother falls ill it’s very easy for the baby to fall ill as well. So I went back to Magee and I was shocked when they said I needed to get admitted for a week. Can you imagine a new mother separated from her baby for a whole week? I was leaning towards depression again after the first day when the doctor made a special exception for me and my baby was given a crib at a safe distance from me. All I know is that whenever I had any issue related to my baby or my health, this hospital has always had my back and for a single mother I can’t tell you how much that means to me and my little Leo. By the way quick update: it was just a viral infection, I am feeling completely fine now, back home with Leo and he’s currently in the 99th percentile. Love this hospital.

T

tyrion

Dropped my wife off at magee’s for a small medical procedure which the doctor assured would only be half an hour. He was true to his word and in the meantime I grabbed some breakfast in the cafeteria. Dear God it was heavenly. I swear everytime my wife has to come back here I make an excuse just to serenade her but it’s really just for the breakfast.. and because I love my wife.

REVAN93

REVAN93

My wife needed me to pick her images from the radiology department at the breast care center because she was running late after work. I was scared to do this on my own, never been to a hospital designed for women’s health alone. But I was surprised when I saw a lot of other males in the building, including people like me- spouses picking up stuff for their wives. Plus I must mention the sweet, sweet lady at the front desk, I think her name was Liz. She was the kindest soul who had the sweetest smile I’d ever seen.

When I saw her I knew it was the person I’d called and spoke over the phone for a bit regarding the progress on the images. She greeted me in the most cordial way possible and said that the images were ready to go. I was very happy when I got out of there in less than 15 minutes. Didn’t have to wait, got VIP treatment for a reason I’m still not sure of. But either way kudos to all the employees at Magee Women’s hospital. My wife has always been a big fan and apparently I am one too.

aleah20

aleah20

Workers here are very obedient . Will go above and beyond to please patients which I like . Was having my stress levels tested just last week and there were two nurses who were helping me out . There were also three technicians in the room . All were very polite asking me constantly if I needed anything . Great customer service.

ward

ward

My mother needed to go to the Pelvic health center at Magee and they were so professional here, very accommodating and understanding of my mother’s requirements. Recommend!