Pain Med Friendly High Cost Macneal Hospital (Berwyn, IL) Complication Rates & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Macneal Hospital located in 3249 SOUTH OAK PARK AVENUE - Berwyn, IL. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
3249 SOUTH OAK PARK AVENUE
City
BERWYN
State
IL
ZIP Code
County
COOK
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Proprietary
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
15 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
0%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
30 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
306 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
2.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
67%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
11%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
13.8%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
11.7%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
2.7%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
14.3%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
9.1%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
19.4%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Worse than the National Rate
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
3.3%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
S

Sparkster

I had to get admitted here to get my kidney stone removed. Given that the surgery was successful, I would say that the overall experience was satisfactory. The reason why I was not over the moon about their service is because I felt like they left me lying in my bed for quite a long time before the doctor came to check up on me. Given the fact that it was my first time suffering from a condition like this, it is possible that I may not have spent a whole lot of time waiting, and that my anxiety was caused by the excruciating pain I was feeling at the moment. The nurse did try to calm me down, but like I told her, words are not as helpful as painkillers when you have a stone in your kidney!

beckik

beckik

This is one of the best hospitals I have seen, and I can say that with absolute certainty because I basically grew up in this hospital. My mother was a single parent who struggled to raise me and my siblings, due to which she could never afford hire a babysitter to look after us. I spent a lot of my spare time around her at the hospital; after school, during vacations etc., and they were always very understanding of her situation.

I have witnessed first hand how satisfied the patients were with the hospital’s service! One of the most common complaints I have heard is that the staff keeps patients waiting, when they are working hard and trying their best to tend to every patient as soon as possible. I guess it is not possible to satisfy everybody after all. Having moved away from Illinois years ago, I feel like the hospital continues to improve every time I visit.

FuZyOn

FuZyOn

The service at this hospital is lousy. I get that all people have off-days, but the medical field is not a place where you can take your frustrations out on the people you are serving (patients). I moved to Illinois recently, and am not at all pleased with the level of service the healthcare industry has to offer. In all the other hospitals I have been to before, the staff have been very welcoming and cooperative, which makes the patients feel comfortable.

I was admitted to this hospital because I slipped and fell in the bathtub, due to which I was already feeling a little out of it! Despite that, they kept me waiting for a good 20 minutes, while throwing forms to fill out my way. I mean, I had just taken a nasty fall, and they were expecting me to function normally and sit there filling out forms?! How ridiculous is that? I would understand if that was the case with everybody, but I saw a lot of people with much lighter issues getting medical attention before me.After that, the person who was assisting me with my forms was really rude as well. You’d think that these people would develop people skills after dealing with patients every day, but that was definitely not the case here. After my treatment was done, I did not even receive the full prescription that my doctor had jotted down for me! It was just one thing going wrong after the other.

Being the daughter of a nurse, I realize how tough a job in the medical field could be. However, I have witnessed my mother do her job for 30+ years with a smile on her face, and without getting any complaints about her attitude or service towards the patients. So that is no excuse for this kind of behavior towards patients. If you have a choice, DO NOT GO TO THIS HOSPITAL!

happyman

happyman

I have been coming to this hospital for over 55 years, and their service has never failed to satisfy me. Just the other day, I was rushed in when I fell in my backyard and got a pretty big cut on my thigh. I do not know if I was given priority because of my age, but I received treatment very quickly. I did not spend more than an hour in the hospital. The time I spent in the hospital went by really quickly because the doctor and the nurse who assisted me cracked jokes and kept talking to me so that I would not focus on the cleaning up and stitching of my wound. Great service!

A

AngrySam

So far, I have not had one bad experience at this hospital. I recently went in there when my back gave out due to heavy lifting, and they attended to me as soon as they could. Yes, they may have taken a few hours to get to me, but I am not going to complain because everybody is at the hospital for a reason. It is tough to prioritize patients according to their needs, and I feel like if one patient is prioritized because of the seriousness of their condition, everybody else will complain!

Once they got to me, they helped me out with my back, and were very nice to me. I really liked their service and would recommend this hospital to anybody. Only thing to remember is that you must be patient, because there may be other patients who need medical attention more than you.

S

shradha

Had an absolutely dreadful experience at this hospital! Even though I read a lot of bad reviews about this place, I was in a situation where I was left with no choice but to go with this hospital. My sister had started experiencing heart palpitations, so I rushed her to the ER. Upon getting there, the staff were acting very annoyed by our arrival, as if we were interrupting their free time! They were very uncooperative. I mean, when the hospital hires its staff, the least they can do is look for individuals with people skills, so that the incoming patients feel comfortable and secure instead of vulnerability. Never going back again!

D

daniel hancock

I loved this hospital! Took my son in after he had scraped his knee playing basketball, and the staff there were very welcoming and professional. My wife usually takes care of such situations, so I was pretty clueless about the whole process. They receptionist was very understanding of my situation and assisted me with all the forms that needed to be filled out. The nurses and the doctor who took care of my son were very polite and were good at interacting with children. Overall, I was very satisfied with my experience at this hospital!