High Cost Loretto Hospital Chicago IL (Complication Rates) & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Loretto Hospital located in 645 SOUTH CENTRAL AVE - Chicago, IL. Contains reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
645 SOUTH CENTRAL AVE
City
CHICAGO
State
IL
ZIP Code
County
COOK
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Other
Emergency Department Volume
low
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
7%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
421 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
Not Available
Doctor Communication Star Rating
Not Available
Nurse Communication Star Rating
Not Available
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
77%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
24%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
10.9%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
8.6%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
15.3%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
Not Available
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Not Available
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
X

Xzavier1998

I had heard only terrible things about this hospital but that was undoubtedly not the case in my book. I was here a few months back after I got a few cuts in my left leg when I was trying to do some gardening and my leg got caught in a broken metal railing.

Because I was careless, it started bleeding bad and it hurt a lot too. When I felt I could no longer manage it by myself, I decided to take help and I chose to come to Loretto because I have hardly seen any wait in the ER here. As expected, I was taken in immediately and the nurse who tended to my wounds was as sweet as sugar. Her nicety and good nature made me feel a lot better.

She seemed concerned and did a complete check up. I had to stay there for a bit because I was given an injection and a few pain medications. I also slept for a little while because I was feeling very weak.

While I was about to leave, a doctor was there to do a final check up and he was very nice and polite too, unlike usual snooty doctors. I had a very good experience here and I am happy to have chosen this place for my treatment.

Estelle

Estelle

This review is based on my experience with the behavioral unit. I don’t know about the rest of the hospital but things are definitely not fine in the behavioral unit. But the way I was treated, I don’t intend on finding out either. I would prefer to be on the streets without any help than come here to this madhouse.

If you are planning to seek the so called “help” in the behavioral unit, then let me tell you now that you are just gonna waste your time and not receive any benefits in return.

J

joao71

My mom was getting treated elsewhere and the doctor who was treating her suggested this hospital and that’s how we ended up coming here. She was here for a surgery. Initially when we stepped in, I did not like the place at all because the whole building is dilapidated and unkempt and so damn dirty. But I told myself not to judge a place by the way it looks and to experience the place and its facilities because after all a good doctor had suggested this place.

But the more time I spent there, I realized the place was terrible and it was undoubtedly not a good idea to bring mom there. When I interacted with the nurses and doctors, my worst fears had come true; they were incompetent and certainly not professional in their attitude or behavior. And to be frank, they had no manners at all!

God knows what will happen to my mom over there!

abdullahi

abdullahi

I was not completely satisfied with the place and I am still not but since this place is very close to my house, I prefer to come here for regular check ups because although I don’t find them to be too good, they have never messed up anything for me as well.

Since Loretto has been my go to hospital for many years, I can absolutely say that they have come up with a few positive changes. The staff mostly remains the same but they behave a lot nicer these days, maybe because they have all got an increment after a long time.

The place is now neat and tidy too unlike before and trust me, such changes are most welcome by the patients. I have started liking this place more after they have achieved these good changes in their hospital.

Keep up the good work and keep doing better. Rise and Shine is my message to them.

W

WUSTACHEMAX

I don’t want to go to their ER again and I hope no sane person goes there as well because that could make them go insane altogether.

I was doing my regular set of exercises and it was unfortunate that yesterday I slipped and fractured my tailbone. I could move even an inch and an ambulance had to take me to that hospital. Even then, nobody bothered to attend to my case on priority. I would have certainly understood this behavior had there been other patients who required care on an emergency basis. But, the ER was almost empty and the doctors/nurses were not busy at all. Still, they made me sit for 3 hours and ultimately nobody saw me or prescribed any medications.

They simply wasted my time and made me go crazy. The place is so dirty that one would never want to spend time there and I had to wait there like a donkey for 3 hours.

It’s a request – Don’t go there

W

whitten

This facility is an utter disgrace to the healthcare industry. Not a single thing goes right here. I think a 3rd world country’s hospital would function much better than this one. I feel sorry to say but the big building is the only thing this place can boast of.

They are not up to the mark with their facilities or services. And something or the other keeps going wrong here. Whenever I enter this place, which is of course because I have no choice, I get all kinds of negative vibes and I just want to run out of here.

I would never recommend this hospital. It’s a mere joke in the name of a hospital.