PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Long Island Community Hospital located in 101 Hospital Rd - Patchogue, NY. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
101 Hospital Rd
City
PATCHOGUE
State
NY
ZIP Code
County
SUFFOLK
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
2%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
6 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
656 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
1.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
1.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
53%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
18%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
11.2%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
10.3%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
12.8%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
6.6%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
15.5%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.6%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
D

deanna jimenez

The staff at Brookhaven memorial are quite nice. My dad had to have surgery last week and well... I think it’s safe to say that the entire family was a little rattled. But the staff made sure that we did not show our sadness to my father. The level of professionalism at Long Island community is crazy good- which is surprising to a certain level because I’d heard mostly bad reviews about this place. Thanks for making our situation easier for all of us. Love, the entire Jimenez squad.

B

Blamestorming

I wouldn’t recommend this hospital to anyone, not even my mortal enemy because of how I was treated here (also because I’m a super nice person, but whatever). One thing that gets my goat is how annoyed everyone is. Constantly. It’s not just one day, or one person, or one floor. Everyone on every single floor is constantly annoyed, like someone forced them to work at the hospital.

I was an outpatient, and then a patient on observation and then an inpatient and then had to get surgery, so trust me I know what I’m saying- been here for over 2.5 weeks and I feel like I know the hospital from head to toe. The doctor who was in charge of me was the only one who was randomly sweet and perky, but most of the time he was annoyed with a frown on his face. The nurses who tended to me were always rude, pulling and yanking at my hand whenever they needed blood samples without even asking me.

There was on Latin nurse who would half smile at me sometimes but that was the extent of it. I had to go up and down to many different floors to retrieve sample and test results and even the radiology department staff were super rude and closed off. Before leaving the hospital I made the mistake of asking one of the staff members why everyone was always in such a grumpy mood and she was terribly offended. She said that I was being very rude and dismissed me.

I’m sorry but for me, as a patient, I can say that the most important thing, beyond getting the right treatment and what not, is having a positive influence around me in the hospital. People should be cheery and chirpy for me to feel good. I got out of that hospital fleeing for my life, like I needed some positivity to suck into my life. It was very weird here.

1975Tyden

It’s scary how inexperienced the people running the floor actually are. One of the nurses that bosses around everybody got out of med school last year. No clue how that’s even possible. At night, it’s mostly like one doctor (who is barely ever seen, guess he’s always in the doctor’s lounge) and the rest of the floor is all students or recent graduates. There is something slightly alarming about that I’d say because no one wants to be in the hands of the inexperienced.

But it’s not just that, most of the nurses actually run away from you. Like if I ask them to remove my bed pan or something, the foreign nurses pretend like they don’t get my accent or something and literally flee the scene. At one point my call button stopped working and I’m pretty sure it’s not just a technical issue- that can NOT be a coincidence. Brookhaven does not have professionals, it’s just random people working here who only care about the money. You can literally see them happy only on one day, their pay day.

A

aubree97

A special thanks to the stunning care manager, Alex, who was the most helpful person on the entire floor. She makes sure that the patients are treated just right and you can literally talk to her about anything. I wasn’t sure about the service at this hospital, but now I know that I have someone here who I can count on. Thank you for all your help and I shall be back soon (praying I won’t be but who am I kidding).

bernardHarris5

bernardHarris5

I’ve never been to Patchogue before so when my mother asked me to take her to this hospital, I was concerned. Begged her to allow me to take her to a good hospital in Brooklyn but she insisted on brookhaven. I even showed her all the negative reviews online but she wouldn’t budge, so I finally took her. Not going to lie, I was shocked to see how pleasant our visit was. Not just the normal appointments, even ER visits are very organized. Not only that but they make sure that through their efficient triage system, no one has to wait an unbelievably long time. This is not the case is Brooklyn, sometimes you have to wait for 4-5 hours, and that’s often the “average” wait time. Ugh.