Laguna Honda Hospital (San Francisco, CA) Complication Rates & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Laguna Honda Hospital and Rehabilitation center located in 375 LAGUNA HONDA BLVD - San Francisco, CA. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
375 LAGUNA HONDA BLVD
City
SAN FRANCISCO
State
CA
ZIP Code
County
SAN FRANCISCO
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Government - Local
Emergency Department Volume
Not Available
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
Not Available
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
Not Available
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
Not Available
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
Not Available
Overall Hospital Rating
Not Available
Doctor Communication Star Rating
Not Available
Nurse Communication Star Rating
Not Available
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
Not Available
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
14.9%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
Not Available
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Not Available
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Not Available
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Not Available
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
K

Kopparberg

Laguna Honda is a horrible place. I would say getting admitted here is a death knell for patients. The services are awful, and the nursing staff is not up to the mark. I was in this place for two weeks after surgery and those days were nightmarish, to say the least. The staff had no idea what to do when the patient is screaming in pain. The therapist, on the other hand, was very caring and wonderful and helped me to get on my feet within a short span of time

robertgehl

robertgehl

My uncle has advanced dementia and was at this hospital for a few days for wound care. The team took good care of him. Never did we feel that they abandoned him. Thanks to them, the wounds healed up quickly, and we were able to take him back to our house. Thank You, Laguna Honda!!!!

K

kmwv74

Laguna Honda is hell. The rehabilitation staff is incompetent, and I was not able to regain my movement completely after undergoing surgery. Initially, I was told it was due to the surgery, but when the surgeon said otherwise, they said it was normal and continued with the rehab. I was not able to take it any longer and left AMA. I would never step my foot in here again.

LuckyPupil

LuckyPupil

My mother who lives alone had got a deep cut on her forehead after she sustained a fall. After she was discharged from the ER, I availed the services of Laguna Honda to provide nursing care to her since she was unable to move around without help. They did a very good job, and my mother’s wound healed up in a quick time. I am really happy that they treated my mother very well. A heartfelt appreciation from our family.

S

soakes67

Laguna Honda does a wonderful job when it comes to rehab. I was advised to undergo a long-term rehab for getting back my movement after a serious injury resulted in the breaking of my right hip and knee. They made me understand that it would be a long and arduous journey. They set smaller and easily achievable goals. There were days when I felt everything was futile and I was wasting my time…but they kept on prodding me to go a little further every time, and by the end of the year, I was able to walk unaided in my house and near my house. The next goal is to run a marathon….long ask, but I am determined to do it.

W

wowtgp

I have been volunteering here for quite some time now and know every single staff member by name. The members are friendly and ever ready to help patients. One should appreciate their work because theirs is not regular nursing care. Their patients are not your regular patients. Some of them have dementia; some come for rehab, some for wound care and they treat each one of them with a smile. Kudos to you!!!!

B

brokenjunk

My dad had availed the Laguna Honda Hospital Outpatient Rehab Services after he was recovering from a stroke. The therapist was excellent and immediately built a rapport with my dad. With the therapist’s coaxing, my dad was able to go out of his comfort zone and work hard to achieve the rehab goals. Thanks to him, my dad was able to recover from all the after-effects of stroke within a short span of time.