Top Ortho Hospital Low Cost Knox Community Hospital (Mount Vernon, OH) Complication Rates & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Knox Community Hospital located in 1330 COSHOCTON ROAD - Mount Vernon, OH. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
1330 COSHOCTON ROAD
City
MOUNT VERNON
State
OH
ZIP Code
County
KNOX
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Other
Emergency Department Volume
medium
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
22 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
4%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
6 minutes
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
64 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
290 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
3.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
63%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
9%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
12.8%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
11.3%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
10.2%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
15.8%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.2%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
Jimmy Madhouse

Jimmy Madhouse

My wife brought me in after I had this stabbing pain in the left side of my lower abdomen. I was having it for a few days and I somehow managed with the pain thinking that it had something to do with my workout sessions. But that day, it had become unbearable.

It was past midnight and there were a few people waiting in the ER but seeing my condition, they took me in first and I was happy they did that and impressed by their gesture. They took good care of me and seemed to do things that were diligent. They gave me a medication that helped with the pain and even saw to it that my wife could comfortably sleep while being with me.

A good hospital to be in emergency situations.

M

monroe

I delivered my second baby here at Knox and it was no good when compared to my first delivery. We had shifted from elsewhere and Knox was the closest to where we were put up. So, for obvious reasons when I developed contractions in the middle of the middle of the night, he thought that bringing me here would be the best decision he could make.

I was made to lie in a stretcher in one corner of the hospital with only my husband by my side. Nobody cared enough to take a look at me for at least half an hour and if it was not for my husband, they would left me there in one corner negligently and conveniently gone about with their business.

Finally, I managed to deliver my baby there after a lot of struggles and absolutely no good support from the hospital staff. Everyone seemed to be hostile to our presence there and behaved as if they wanted us out as soon as possible.

I am never stepping into that hospital again for anything after the way they have treated me in one of the most crucial moments of my life.

quibble

quibble

A real asset!

I would call Knox community hospital the forte of our locality. I have lived elsewhere before and the hospital we had in our locality then was not even fit to be called a hospital. And I know that is the case with most places.

But Knox is unlike any of them! The facilities they offer you are top notch and the whole place is very well maintained. They have amazing parking space and the entire area; both inside and the surroundings are well kept by the hospital administration.

whimsical

whimsical

I have visited Knox Community Hospital a number of times and if at all I have to be in some hospital, I would choose to be here for all the facilities they provide and for the wonderful lot of doctors and nurses working there. They make it a point to give you the best and take good care of you.

But I am not quite impressed by their administrative department. They behave as if its because of them the hospital survives. I never ever got any good vibes from them at all. Somebody should give them some basic training as to how to behave with the customers else they could be a big reason for the place losing business.

I

irishbrush

Knox does everything on time and they are not the ones who would like to keep you waiting after taking money from you. I am not just talking about the way they treat me but also from my experience of seeing them treat others as well.

I have been here that too at various departments at different times and I have received nothing else other than compassion and respect. The doctors and nurses here are highly competent and professional and they very well know how to take care of their patients well.

B

Belendor

People here are good but I found their ER wait time to be very very long!!!! I have been in busier cities and places but never ever did I have to wait for so long to be seen in the ER.

I mean the day I was here at their ER, they completely ignored me; as though I did not exist for them. And I saw them doing this not just to be but also to other people who were there around me in the ER.

But once you manage to grab their attention, they do take care of you! But the wait time is shit crazy and I honestly do not understand why they have an ER if the whole idea is to keep people waiting.

M

MILES

When it comes to anything, there are pros as well as cons and the same can be said about this hospital too. The place is fricking clean and well-maintained than one can even imagine, has ample parking space etc.

I heard from a few friends of mine that they were looked after very well by the doctors and nurses here but when it was my turn, apparently, I was not lucky enough to experience the same.

I don’t mean to say that my friends were lying; I know they are not because I have visited two of them here while they were admitted and I have seen the efforts the nurses put in to take care of their patients but I guess I was not lucky enough.

The people who I was assigned to were all cold and made me feel as if I was a liability. So, if the question is whether I would go back in there again?? I honestly am not sure and I dunno! Maybe or may not be!

T

teo

Knox Community has the slowest ER I have ever seen in my life. A snail works at a faster pace than the doctors and nurses appointed at the ER of this hospital. I dunno if the same is the condition with the other departments as well.

So, if you have some value for your life, never be here at their ER asking for help and expect them to attend to you immediately.