PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Kingwood Medical Center located in 22999 US HWY 59 - Kingwood, TX. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
22999 US HWY 59
City
KINGWOOD
State
TX
ZIP Code
County
HARRIS
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Proprietary
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
4 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
32 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
271 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
3.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
61%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
11%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
13%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
10%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
3.5%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
12.6%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
6.3%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Significantly better than National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
13.9%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
3%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
I

isabella1983

I brought in my grandfather here because suddenly he complained of terrible knee pain. I rushed him to the ER of this hospital and that day they made me realize how serious for them the term “ER” was. Firstly, there was nobody to attend to my grandpa. He was wreathing in pain for an hour and more before a doctor attended to him. That too what did he do, he gave my grandpa a painkiller. No attempt was made to diagnose what has wrong with him, if he had sprained his knee or if something else was seriously wrong with him and all that.

And all this happened to an elderly guy, 85 years old with more than adequate insurance; who has Medicare as well as policies from UnitedHealth care. He was barely examined by the doctor who then had the audacity to declare that he needs to be admitted to a hospice. Now I wonder where the hell did that come from??? He is a perfectly normal individual, who can take care of his own stuff and he is not even terminally ill.

And its better that we do not talk about the cleanliness of the place. I was under the impression that such hospitals only existed in underdeveloped countries. The floors were dirty, so were the ceilings filled with cobwebs. The place that is supposed to be clean, well maintained and be synonymous to health is so damn unclean that even a stray dog would think twice before entering this place.

I made a mistake by taking my grandpa here. I sincerely request not to take your loved ones here ever! This place needs a drastic improvement in terms of facilities, doctors and most importantly cleanliness.

C

carissasomni

Zero stars is what they deserve but unfortunately I am unable to give my ratings here I!!!

I experienced the worst when I took my dad here a week ago. This horrible place is the closest hospital near to our house. So, when there was an emergency, I had to rush him here. It was early morning and my dad complained of nausea, splitting headaches and he vomited too because of the terrible headaches he had. But my decision of taking him here had become a nightmare. Nurses who were supposed to be there to take care of patients like him were not even available to do their job. An hour passed and my dad kept on vomiting because of his headache. I could do nothing but soothe him and make him calm down.

Finaaaaaaaallllllllyyyyy she was here – the nurse who should have been the first one to be there when we rushed him in. She too was of no good help!!! She kept calling out to other people and did not even care to give my dad any medicine which could help ease his pain at least. I trusted this place to take care of my dad in an urgent hour of need and they failed me big time.

One should stay far away from this place for their own good; not at all a place to bring in your loved ones. If you do, you will have to watch them suffer all the more.

G

gewgaw

I have been to this hospital a few years back and then it was a good place to be. The doctors, the nurses and the hospital staff were good and so were the facilities. But 3 days back I got admitted here and I had one of the most horrible experiences in my life. The nurses didn’t know what they were supposed to do or what they were doing, the IVs hurt me real bad and the hospital food, served late and cold was good for nothing as well.

This time, I found the place indulging in so many malpractices. I am not even sure if the nurses are trained properly. And cherry on the cake – the hospital staff is arrogant and talk rudely to you despite the fact that their hospital has nothing to offer. I don’t know why the place has deteriorated so much. But till they do not improve their bar, I strongly suggest nobody visits this place.

L

Leo

This hospital is the only one we can afford. So, I do not wish to comment anything on how well they have maintained the place or how good the food is because it is far better than what we have at home.

I was admitted for a week there in the South Tower and I must admit, the nurses took very good care of me. I was totally fine and all of a sudden things went drastically wrong for me health wise. So, I was a total emotional noodle with very bad mood swings. And the nurses, all of them who were with me handled me really well and consoled me very well whenever I got teary (which by the way happened every 2-3 hours).

Because of the care they showered on me, I started showing signs of improvement really soon too. I still have to be careful so that my condition doesn’t lapse. But the care I received in this hospital is beyond anything I imagined and it greatly helped me recover.

T

topsy-turvy

I chose Kingwood when I had to undergo a surgery. Since it was the first surgery of my life, I was hell nervous. I raised so many concerns and was a tensed bundle the whole time. But the staff here were totally accommodating and didn’t leave my side until I had calmed down completely and felt comfortable.

Finally the part I dreaded, the surgery was also over and it was successful. It was then that my mind eased totally and till then the moral and emotional support that the staff, especially the nurses extended to me was phenomenal. I can’t thank them enough!!

C

casey

My daughter was brought here when she showed aggressive allergic reactions to peanuts. Her skin had developed rashes and she was finding it hard to breathe. When we took her there, nobody seemed to care about what she was going through. The moment we landed in the hospital we asked them if they could treat her and they said yes. They gave her some injection initially and just left her like that. A relative of another patient had to intervene and put some sense into their brains to treat her right away. They did something but it hardly made any difference to my daughter’s condition.

Then the staff come up to us to tell us that my daughter needs to be shifted to a children’s hospital and they do not have the facility to take care of children here. I wonder what special facility you need to take care of a child who is showing allergic reaction.

And to add to all this nonsense, they sent us a bill for about $500. How good does that sound to all you!! Cheats of the first order they are. If something would have happened to my daughter that day, I would have sued them.