PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Jps Hospital located in 1500 S MAIN ST - Fort Worth, TX. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
1500 S MAIN ST
City
FORT WORTH
State
TX
ZIP Code
County
TARRANT
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Government - Hospital District or Authority
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
4%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
481 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
3.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
64%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
8%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
13%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
10.4%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
13.3%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
8%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
13.5%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.6%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Significantly better than the National Rate
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
T

Thomos

I think the ER service is just amazing. Came in to JPS with the worst headache of my life and was discharged in a few hours feeling awake and refreshed. Quick treatment. Thank you!

sojourn

sojourn

It’s always good to see a hospital doing better than before. I came to JPS 2 years ago when I needed to get knee surgery. It was a hell hole then- there were random medical students running from room to room in a frantic manner with the doctors unable to control them. Anyone who’s had knee surgery knows how uncomfortable it is, and yet I was not given the kind of privacy or quiet that I was expecting, post surgery. So as soon as I was out of there, I made sure never to go back.

Of course, I was not thrilled when my PCP told me that I needed to go back to JPS for my hip surgery. I literally begged her to recommend another hospital but she said that the surgeons here were the best. I was unhappy but I went and things had changed. It wasn’t what it used to be at all. The inexperienced student doctors and nurses were no longer students (lol) and it seemed like an altogether different hospital.

Everyone knew what they were doing, there was no confusion between the rounds and there was ample communication between the medical staff. This was somewhat assuring but my issue the last time was with the post surgery procedures. After my hip surgery it took me a good week to get discharged. So that meant 7 days in the post surgery room with the nurses and doctors taking care of me like they did after my knee surgery. But to my surprise, it was quite a pleasant and enjoyable experience.

I know what you’re thinking, who on earth says they have fun in a hospital? Well, if you have good, professional people taking care of you with ample time to rest and recover, there’s your enjoyable experience right there. After I got discharged I was asked to come in for a check up and I noticed that they were doing better with appointments too. They would be rather timely (well, as timely as it gets in a hospital) and I was happy that the wait time did not exceed an hour.

All I can say is that I’m pleased and I’m fairly certain they took my complaint from 2 years ago seriously because the two employees I had complained about were nowhere to be found and when I inquired about it, they said they let them go a long time ago. Also, my other complaint was about the uncleanliness and the way one of the Spanish housekeeping ladies had yelled at me. She was still there but a lot more polite this time around. She gave me a look at the end though, like she recognized me but said nothing. So I was happy. All in all, a fairly comfortable experience for a hospital, I wouldn’t not recommend this to anyone.

Emmelyn1995

Emmelyn1995

What I like most about this hospital? How much they care. Their level of compassion is twice as much as other hospitals in Fort Worth. Came in due to shortness of breath in the middle of the night. Pretty scary. But the doctor was so cool and calm, it helped me stay calm. Very appreciative.

Hassan

Hassan

Why do I feel like I would be treated a lot more better in a third world country? I picked up the flu from my short trip to Mexico and while I thought it was a perfectly lovely trip, I didn’t appreciate having to go to the hospital when I got back. Happy birthday to me! Anyway, JPS hospital had a lot of pitfalls. Like I had to wait for a long time. When I told them I was in pain, they just shoved some pain killers in my face. Alright, then. What if I was an addict? You’d just give me painkillers like that? They didn’t seem thorough about anything. For my pain, I was given a water bag in my room which was half empty. It felt nothing like a professional hospital.

ISABELLA

ISABELLA

The orthopedics department at JPS is undisputable. You won’t find another orthopedics unit that has this level of professionalism and advancement in equipment. Very pleased with my experience here, no complaints whatsoever.

J

jakejustin8

This place is an utter disgrace- they pretend like they’re the only hospital in the city that is established and has a good name, where they don’t even have a good name. I was so surprised by how condescending and mean they were to my face, when I told them that the information they’d stated in my medical records was false. First of all, they even had a few typos in them, so when I called them to talk about it, they pretended like I was just trying to get the changes I wanted on the records and refused to change anything.

I literally told them that they had made two major typos in the docs, which was when I got them to even look at the records. Later on, they said that the changes that I required on my medical docs were not valid and they would not address them. Note that I didn’t even get a chance to talk to the doctor who treated me about this, after I remember discussing with him about this change particularly. If he was lying to my face, I am very annoyed by this.

H

HeadRushExhaler

The doctors at this hospital are the best- I’ve been personally treated by 4 of them already and each one of them were wonderful. One thing that is annoying about this is that it is filled with student doctors, so you won’t always get the chance to interact with an attending doctor. They are mostly just assisting the student docs. But either way, this is the only hospital where I would trust my life with student doctors. They are very efficient, very thorough- they check everything thrice before doing anything. BUT. If you want to go to the ER then I would say avoid it. Urgent care is a better option and it’s right around the corner. You can avoid long ass lines.