PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Jewish Hospital located in 200 ABRAHAM FLEXNER WAY - Louisville, KY. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
200 ABRAHAM FLEXNER WAY
City
LOUISVILLE
State
KY
ZIP Code
County
JEFFERSON
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
30 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
3%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
8 minutes
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
50 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
376 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
3.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
62%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
11%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
11.4%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
10.2%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
2.7%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
14.6%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
7.4%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
16.6%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.8%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
S

stewart

For the life of me, I could never say that Jewish hospital is organized, that would be the joke of the century. From the moment I stepped in, I regretted the decision but it was already too late to go elsewhere so I stuck around. But I knew that as soon as they placed the wrong wristband on me, with someone else’s name that this would be a grave mistake. Also before anything else, let me just ask you this: have you ever been to a hospital where before you even tell them what the issue is, they ask for your insurance or how much the procedure is going to cost? I found that terribly off-putting because a patient must be given the sense that they will be taken care of, without the financial aspect being a part of it, even though it is. Good, God!

But honestly, this was not even where the problem sprouted about from. The procedure was decent, the doctors were not terrible, the nurses were a little annoying, but I can make do with all that because, at that point, I just wanted to get over with it and flee for my life. I was discharged after 3 days and was so relieved to go back home. But you can imagine my horror when I got a call from a collections agency a few weeks later, asking for the payment for my hospital stay. I was so shocked because to begin with, I never received a bill from this agency and hadn’t even heard of them.

I immediately decided to call up the hospital to find out what the issue was, and they forwarded my call to a patient advocacy person in the hospital who, mind you, didn’t return ONE of my 12 messages. VERY irresponsible people and I would much rather die than go back to this hell hole. My advice to people who are checking out this hospital and thinking of getting your treatment done from here: run for your life. There is nothing more off-putting than a hospital that doesn’t care about the patients but only about the payment.

I

irish

Have had two deliveries already and the delivery experiences were not up to par. I knew that the next one would have to be perfect, so I did ample research and from the beginning I knew Jewish would NOT be one of them. However, after taking my 2 year old daughter to the ER day before yesterday, I am happy with their service. Checked out the L&D unit just yesterday and I will be coming here for this delivery.

M

MiossotyCJ

If you have an option to leave, then literally- don’t give it another thought, just leave. I can’t tell you how horrifying my experience was here, that too with a sick mother of 80 years. She had been weak for months now, barely able to walk or anything. The other day, she hit her head on the bed post and was left unconscious. I drove her to the ER at Jewish Hospital and they did not give her any special consideration, even though she was an old woman who was basically knocked unconscious.

After finally seeing the doctor and having her kept “under observation” I noticed that the staff was very incompetent. There was literally a nurse who was assigned to give my mother medication and she went into another room and nearly treated another old woman with that medication. She should get sued, Dr. Rosa I think her name was, she spoke broken English. Don’t even get me started on the nurses over here, they are all immigrants, none of them are capable enough to help you out, which I’m sorry- but is the purpose of a nurse. Very frustrating place.

shreve

shreve

The heart and lung center at Jewish have some of the best doctors in Kentucky- very responsible, knowledgeable, extremely competent, and they are probably the nicest people I’ve ever met. Very sweet and efficient nurses who took care of my 7 year old daughter with extreme caution and professionalism.

davis

davis

I was very annoyed by my experience taking my father in law to the Emergency Department at Jewish, but I was able to understand the issue from a different vantage point. Normally I only see it from the patient’s viewpoint, but one thing I must commend them is that , despite the fact that they are wildly under staffed, they do everything within their power to make sure you’re getting the treatment you need, and on time. Other hospitals in Louisville are efficient and clean, but they do not have half the amount of compassion that the doctors at Jewish have, and that is just something I have to admit because it’s evident the minute you get admitted into this hospital. The nurses may not be the most compatible, but they genuinely care. And that’s the most important thing for me.