High Cost Jackson Park Hospital (Chicago, IL) Complication Rates & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Jackson Park Hospital located in 7531 S STONY ISLAND AVE - Chicago, IL. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
7531 S STONY ISLAND AVE
City
CHICAGO
State
IL
ZIP Code
County
COOK
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
medium
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
55 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
2%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
72 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
216 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
1.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
1.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
1.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
1.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
38%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
32%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
11.1%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
8.5%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
14.3%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
Not Available
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Not Available
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
C

CarmeN

Jackson Park is the worst hospital I have ever been to. And I strongly feel the place should be closed down because they maintain no standards at all. Can you believe it if I say that I walked in there and waited for half an hour because there was nobody at the front desk to attend to me and even when the bitch arrived, she was so damn rude to me.

She sounded as if she was doing a favor to me by being there at the front desk although it is her job to do that. I was then taken to the waiting room which was small, dingy and filthy and made to wait for hours together. I was finally fed up and decided to get out of this God forsaken place! No plans to come back either!

jack

jack

It is a typical hospital which you will find in not so good areas or suburbs. Jackson Park is such a place where you will find there are no good facilities or even if there are a few facilities, there are no good technicians to handle them. I also found a lot of medical students loitering around without knowing what to do and where to go.

And I must tell you, their human resources department is the most horrible one of all because you have a query and they will never have the answers but will promise you that they will get back to you but never get back as well. If you call them up, they will put your call on hold in order to connect you to the right department but that as well never happens ever!

So, my earnest advice is to stay away from this place. It might be the closest one you have to your home but it would still be a better idea to drive a lil further and go elsewhere than come here and suffer for hours together.

H

Henrik

I have seen and experienced how negligent the staff are at this hospital. There is an urgent need for the people who own and run this hospital to fix their staff so that no innocent patient would lose their life because of staff’s negligence.

I am being very honest in saying this; the staff here don’t have any clue about hygiene, cleanliness or how to take care of their patients.
The only people who know about the sorry state of affairs and still come here are because of their emergency situations. And what to these people do – fleece good amount of money from them and leave them to die.

I know of instances where a patient ran out of his IV fluid and his daughter was desperately trying to call someone to get help and nobody turned up for an hour. The need of the hour for this hospital is to train their staff well; both medically and personally so that they will know how their patients are to be treated.

Y

YellowCanary

This is the best hospital in the world if your intention is to kill yourself. Bring yourself or your loved one to this hospital is no less than committing suicide or a murder. I tell you that bad the situations are over here.

Most of the doctors who work here are actually student doctors who have only half baked knowledge and no hands on experience. And there is no senior doctor who can supervise them.

I do have consideration for student doctors but I cannot tolerate the fact that the hospital administration has left everything in these amateur hands.

C

carte

I have my own doubts if the people who work here claiming to be doctors are even qualified to be doctors. I have only heard bad things about this hospital but I still had a situation wherein I had no choice other than to bring my son here. My son had a very bad stomach infection and at one point it got so bad that he started crying in pain and I knew I wouldn’t be able to manage it by myself and had to bring him in here as it was close by to where we lived.

When we came in, they made him lie down but had to wait for 2 hours to be seen by a doctor. And when that guy came in, he treated my boy for fever although I kept on telling him that my child did not have a fever and only a stomach infection.

I waited for sometime just to see if my son gets better but when he did not after a few hours, I decided to take him elsewhere so that he would get some good proper treatment.

By the way, even though they did absolutely nothing, we were charged heavily for a few hours of admission in that hospital. Such cheapos!!