PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Jackson Hospital & Clinic Inc located in 1725 PINE STREET - Montgomery, AL. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
1725 PINE STREET
City
MONTGOMERY
State
AL
ZIP Code
County
MONTGOMERY
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
33 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
48 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
334 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
71%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
7%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
14%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
13.2%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
4.1%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
11.5%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
8.1%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
18.6%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Worse than the National Rate
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Heavy

Heavy

My mother-in-law developed a diabetic ulcer between her fingers and was in great pain. When it became very unbearable, we took her to Jackson. She was treated very well in the wound care clinic. The ulcers have healed completely, and she is doing great. Thank you, Dr. Cook, for taking good care of my mother-in-law. A special thanks to the wound care staff for helping her out with every detail.

B

batman

Jackson Hospital is one of the best in Montgomery, AL. The doctors are great, and so are the nurses and the staff. My only concern is parking. It is a big pain in the ass to find a parking spot when we go to Jackson during the day time. I once went to the hospital in the night, and the parking was a breeze. I request the hospital management to improve the parking facilities, especially during the day time.

S

sandy

Baptist and Jackson are the best choices for healthcare needs in Montgomery. I recently visited Jackson for same-day surgery and was amazed by the hospital and its facilities. For entering the ER, one has to pass a security check which I think is a good thing. I successfully underwent surgery. Everyone was professional and took good care of me while I was undergoing surgery and used to check on me while I was recuperating at home.

P

Phill

I am writing a review of an incident which happened at the Jackson ER a few days back. I was with a friend and as such not personally involved with the incident, but felt that this needs to be condemned.

While I was waiting for my friend’s treatment to get over, I witnessed a desperate parent wheeling in a girl who was having a seizure. The staff tried to get control but were only partially successful. Finally, after an hour or so, they were able to control the seizure and transport the child to a separate hospital. During the whole time, I did not see the doctor at all. Apparently, the idiot was so busy with God knows what that the staff was unable to locate him. The doctor also did not talk to the parent. I know the doctor is a male because the nurses were saying they were trying to get in touch with him….

It was also after the desperate parent threw a fit did the nurses arrange for the medication and call in Haynes transportation for taking her to Children’s. The staff, except that idiot on-call doctor, were polite but completely out of their game. I shudder to think of what would have happened if I was in their place and these people have no idea on how to treat patients.

A

Arch

I have nothing but good words to talk about the Jackson Hospital. My heavily pregnant wife was admitted through the emergency room late Tuesday night & discharged Friday. The entire staff, right from the security, to housekeeping, aides, food service, nurses, techs, and doctors were professional from the moment we arrived till the time we departed. The nurses and the doctors took time to patiently explain all the procedures that were going to be used and never spoke a terminology that we did not understand. The hospital premise was very clean & cafeteria and the food were great. We are very pleased with Jackson Hospital, and the entire staff would be in our prayers.

S

shirley

My mother had undergone surgery and then a revision surgery at Jackson Hospital. The hospital facilities were very good. We were very highly impressed with the staff. Everything was very organized, and they made us feel like my mother was the top priority. They made sure that my mother was comfortable. The surgeons were very professional and great, and we were kept informed at every stage of the procedure. I am thankful my mother received such wonderful care.

marine

marine

Do your family a favor and stay away from the hospital.

I worked as a nurse practitioner and know what I am saying. The hospital is very dangerous, and the patient’s life is in danger. My daughter was having shortness of breath, and we rushed her to the Jackson ER, and these idiots were grappling with determining what to do. Finally, it was decided to transport her to Children’s. If it was not for Haynes transportation, who insisted that my daughter be intubated before transportation, she might have died.

Please Avoid this Shithole If You Love Your Family.

BigCat

BigCat

Jackson Hospital is highly understaffed and completely lacks hygiene. They should remember that cost-cutting should not be at the cost of the patient’s health. I had visited the ER and was made to lie on a dirty bed for nearly four hours. This is not the care that I had expected from Jackson. The worst part is that if your insurance maxes out and treatment is not complete, you're still out, end of story!

H

Harper

I had to visit the Jackson ER for a small problem, and I did not face any issue. I was there for only two hours thanks to the professional and helpful staff. I would recommend the Jackson ER for your emergency care.

R

Rambo

Jackson Hospital is such an amazing place! The nurses, doctors, techs, surgeons, as well as staff and aides, are excellent. Everybody knows their role well and are very professional. I was in Jackson for draining an abscess and subsequent complications. I was triaged to the fifth floor and spent around four days and never faced any problems!

riverman

riverman

The hospital and its staff are amazing, and so is their cafeteria. The only issue that I have is that these are closed on weekends even when there are patients and their family members in the hospital. Staff is also present in the hospital. I think it is wrong on the part of the hospital to force the family members to drive down the road to get something to eat leaving their loved ones alone in the hospital.

P

Patrick

The hospital is a blessing to Montgomery, AL and serves a vast population. I have been visiting the hospital for many years now and have always been treated well. However, of late I have noticed a disturbing trend. The doctors are so worked up that they are just giving pain meds instead of finding out the reasons for the pain. These might be part of cost-cutting, but it can result in a huge problem if not nipped in the bud.