High Cost Intermountain Riverton Hospital UT Complication Rates & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Intermountain Riverton Hospital located in 3741 WEST 12600 SOUTH - Riverton, UT. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
3741 WEST 12600 SOUTH
City
RIVERTON
State
UT
ZIP Code
County
SALT LAKE
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
medium
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
0%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
8 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
242 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
65%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
5%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
11.7%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
15.7%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.4%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Not Available
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Lilla85

Lilla85

I live in a different city but my mother lives locally. Of late, she has not been keeping well and was admitted to Riverton. She has been to their ER multiple times before finally getting admitted to the hospital for treatment.

I flew down to meet mom and I was touched by the way they were taking care of mom. There was just one guy who I found weird but the others were absolute sweethearts. And the quality of care she received was also impeccable.

I interacted with every single person who was taking care of mom in one way or the other and they were so good and caring towards my mom. They were thorough in their work and they had heart that genuinely cared for their patients.

I was so relieved to see that my mom was admitted in such a place where she would be completely and well taken care of even in my absence. I definitely couldn’t have asked for more from them.

Blessyn92

Blessyn92

I was here to visit a very good friend of mine; one who had been my pillar of support throughout. She was admitted here because of a few medical issues and when it was my turn, I just wanted make sure I was there for her.

I was floored when I entered the place. It is huge and sparkling clean. You feel good while entering this place. And since the place was huge, I found it difficult to get to my friend’s room and I don’t think I would have been successful in finding her room out had it not been for the kind gesture of the staff who helped me in doing so.

When I met my friend, she couldn’t stop praising the staff of the hospital and especially the nurses, who took immense care of her. A few of them came in while I was there and I could see how good they treated her.

The staff working there are doing a great job! Keep it up and please continue to do so!

Junia

Junia

I gave birth to my baby in this hospital 3 years back and I felt guilty that out of all the hospitals on planet earth, I had chosen the worst one. So, even before I start off about my experience, let me tell you people not to go there ever if you have another option. If you do not, then it’s a different story altogether.

My due date approached and I walked into the hospital just to ensure the process went smooth. I was allotted a room but when I walked in there, all my happiness vanished into thin air and anxiety started setting in. The room was very much in a dilapidated condition and the mattress was torn at one end and so were the upholstery of the sofas in the room.

I thought I would put up with all of this but when I saw a blood stain on the floor of the room, I lost it! I couldn’t bear that they have given me a used, uncleaned room. And when I went on to look carefully, I saw some dried liquid on the bedsheet as well and I felt completely cheated.

No cleaning goes on in this place and when you question the staff about it, they are so damn cool about it! It is hell dirty and third class!!! I could get a few things changed after my constant pleas to the staff but what they did was so unprofessional and unbecoming of a good hospital.

B

Born-Confused

A year ago, I underwent a surgery at Intermountain Riverton and people here were extremely wonderful to me. From the moment I checked into this hospital till I walked out of this place, I was very well taken care of. Phenomenal!!

The doctor was too good and the nurse who assisted him was better than him. At the end of the day, since it was a visit to a hospital, I earnestly hope that I wouldn’t have to come back here but if I do have to, I am not apprehensive about it as well.

Riverton is and always will be my first choice.

G

genisis67

I landed up in an emergency situation because of an injury and initially I was taken to another hospital. I waited there for 4 hours like a fool to get some proper treatment but when I was made to wait beyond 4 hours, I got pissed off and walked out of that place.

Nobody likes to go to a hospital in the first place but then if you are treated well with some respect, acre and attention, things start feeling better. And that’s exactly what I experienced at Riverton.

Good job done….

E

Eliel

We had our third baby at Inter mountain and it was an amazing experience altogether. The room allotted to us looked more like a suite and less like a room. It had all the top notch facilities and as a mother going into labor, the aura of the room made me feel a lot comfortable.

The place is extremely well-maintained, looks as good as new and the staff are down to earth. They do not mind going that extra mile to help their patients out.

Definitely recommended!!