PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Inova Fair Oaks Hospital located in 3600 JOSEPH SIEWICK DRIVE - Fairfax, VA. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
3600 JOSEPH SIEWICK DRIVE
City
FAIRFAX
State
VA
ZIP Code
County
FAIRFAX
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Other
Emergency Department Volume
high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
18 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
0%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
7 minutes
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
41 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
231 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
65%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
5%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
13.1%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
10.2%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
12.4%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
7.7%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
15.8%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
wanderlust

wanderlust

I underwent two surgeries here last year and I felt I received the best care from the hospital staff. I especially loved the way they made me comfortable by explaining in detail what would happen during the surgery and the ways and means to cope with things post surgery and every related detail as well.

Everybody who assisted me during and after the process were cordial, warm and friendly. And the food they served me was dainty and delectable. In fact, it was better than what I have had in any other hospital.

So, overall a good place to be admitted because of the medical facilities, the doctors and nurses and other staff as well. They do everything to make you feel comfortable.

G

giaNA

I had to get an MRI done from INOVA FAIR a few weeks back. I had my appointment at 10am in the morning. I was bang on time only to find out that my technician has not yet arrived. And to add to my agony he came in casually after an hour and seemed to be in no hurry although he was late.

That moment I felt these people have big time double standards because if I am late by 5 minutes, they would cancel my appointment and charge me completely for it as well. I wish I could have also charged them for their technician being late. But I guess that is not included in the policy.

I gave them 3 stars because the technician guy was good and made me feel comfortable and treated me with lot of care once I went in and he even apologized for making me wait. That way things went well.

Chrome Dome

Chrome Dome

I have been to other hospitals in the locality but all of them are sub-standard and provide facilities that are no good and this is especially the case with most ERs. For the first time, I was taken to the ER of INOVA FAIR and I could see that things worked quite differently here. Everybody who I happened to encounter here as a part of my admission were fast, informative and thorough with what they had to do.

eeekkk

eeekkk

From my one time visit to this place, I can conveniently say that this hospital has the worst ER I have ever seen in my life. I would say that they and their staff are slower than turtles. I have never met such incompetent medical staff my entire life!

When I was at INOVA, I felt I was in some underdeveloped country where people didn’t know the basics of medicine, where there are no resources and people have no money at all. But at the same time, the administration is ever ready to fleece money out of your pockets. They are too exploitative for the services they provide.

Beware of these cheats and stay away from them!

M

mADAlYN

The doctors, the nurses and the technical staff of this hospital are too good. They have in-depth knowledge of things and take good care of you always. I say this because I have been admitted here a lot many times and never ever have they let me down till now. I would given them a 5 star rating for the way they have taken care of me.

But my most recent visit to this hospital’s ER changed everything. I feel really bad that I am giving them a bad review but it is just because of their ER department. The day I was taken to the ER of this hospital, mind you, I was in a pretty bad shape. There was an urgent requirement to take me in and start my treatment. But the ER department of INOVA is so damn horrible that they treated me like a vagabond. Their tone of speech and their mode of treatment did not even have a single drop of compassion in it. They had absolutely no consideration for my pain.

That day I had enough of this place and one thing is for sure- I am never entering their ER department again even if I am on my death bed.

hullabaloo

hullabaloo

Money Minded Freaks

I belong to low income group and there is nothing I can do about it as of now. We somehow manage to make both ends meet and to be honest we are at the lowest end of the low income group. But when you fall sick, you have no option but to come to a place like this to get yourself treated. The same was the case with me.

When the admin staff got to know that I am not a Richie rich, they immediately started showing their true colors and that day I was made to feel as if my life has absolutely no value at all. And I guess that’s true to an extent! Who cares for a poor guys life!

But people here, they are the worst of the worst I have ever seen; from the doctors to the nurses to the receptionist and let’s not even talk about the hospital administration. If they get their paychecks, they are the sweetest lot on earth but otherwise they are merely animals with no feelings for fellow human beings.

If you have money, this could be the place to be but if your pockets are empty, it would be wise to stay faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrr from this place.

R

Regina42

Loved their nursing staff!

I was praying for a normal delivery but ultimately ended up having a C-section which was not anywhere in my plans because my first delivery was normal. I was disheartened and feared the procedure but the nurses did a wonderful job explaining what it was all about and did whatever they could to bring my morale up.

Additionally, the birthing rooms were clean with all the modern facilities required. They also did everything to make me and my husband feel comfortable. Once my baby angel was born, the care she was given by the nurses too were excellent. They very well know how small babies are to be taken care of and we too felt that the baby was safer in their hands than ours. Lol!

Even the food that was served to me was good; it was made on order and fresh every single time. Even though things did not go the way I had planned, I would still love to come back in here when we plan our next baby.