PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Ingalls Memorial Hospital located in 1 INGALLS DRIVE - Harvey, IL. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
1 INGALLS DRIVE
City
HARVEY
State
IL
ZIP Code
County
COOK
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
32 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
4%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
4 minutes
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
57 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
323 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
2.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
59%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
12%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
12.3%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
8.3%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly better than National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
3.8%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
11.9%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
8.8%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
15.2%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.4%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Significantly less than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly less than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
C

Caleb

I hail from Flossmoor and Ingalls has a physician office and urgent care there in Flossmoor which I would give an above average rating and even though I wasn’t extremely happy or completely satisfied with the treatment I was getting there, I could manage stuff. But my opinion on Ingalls underwent a drastic change when I was admitted at their main hospital in Harvey.

I don’t think that hospital deserves any kind of grading. In these times of development and modern medical facilities, Ingalls has nothing to offer their patients. I feel sad that health care these days doesn’t leave you with too many good options to choose from and that’s exactly how I ended up in this particular hospital.

I seriously wish the south suburbs teamed with a few good, top rated hospitals.

M

Mae

Best Nursing Staff

Let me warn you that the location of the hospital and many of its rooms could be a huge turn off for you. But the medical facilities available here and the way they take care of their patients is a big plus they have. My second child was born at Ingalls and trust me the way they have taken care of my infant is so much better than what I have seen in other big hospitals and also from what I saw when my first child was born.

The care they provide and the attention they pay to the details is amazing and when I left the place, I already had a strong emotional bond with those lovely angels who took care of my second born. All credits for the good health of my boy goes to the lovely ladies working day and night without making any compromises on the way they do it.

Things simply can’t go wrong at this place because you are in the best hands.

M

marshall

No matter what people tell you about how dingy the rooms are and how not so modernized the hospital structure is, don’t pay heed to what they say if the treatment you receive is your utmost priority. I would have given the hospital a 5 star rating if they had better facilities like well-lit rooms, clean walls etc. But that can be taken care of by the management even now.

In my opinion, a classy hospital with the best amenities, beautiful rooms and top notch equipment are of no use unless they serve their patients with care, respect and loyalty. I would like to walk into a place where I have the faith that I am in good and safe hands even if the place may not have an aesthetic appeal.

So, 5 star for the way they make people feel and treat them with good care and importance but an overall 3.5 because the place requires improvement.

P

Paxton

The hospital is not as bad as some people make it sound. I would rate the whole place to be an above average with good medical facilities. But what makes them different from many other hospitals I have visited that too in recent times is their polite and courteous hospital staff.

All of them have a good clarity about the whole process and will take care of you and all your requirements without whining about it. Once you are in there, they consider you to be their responsibility in all ways and you needn’t worry about anything.

I had my first ever surgery at Ingalls. I was really worried and anxious when I went in but their staff were awesome, they treated me well which helped me feel better about my whole condition. My anxiety was gone in a jiffy and I felt all peaceful and was hopeful about the surgery.

I received excellent care here and I would definitely recommend it to anyone I know.

D

diego

A mad-house!!!
This hospital should be the last place you go when you have any issues with your health. All their staffs are confused monkeys who run from one place to another to get some clarity on what needs to be done. They neither have knowledge nor discipline to go about with their daily work. I found all of the staff who I had to interact with to be highly impolite and improperly trained.

They know nothing about the hospital policies or the paperwork that needs to be done. Most of them did not even have their ID cards on them; even the doctors.
The hospital staff are not competent enough to handle their patients. I seriously feel the management needs to take an urgent look into their administrative matters before things go completely out of hand.

I decided to take a doctor’s appointment here after a friend of mine recommended this place to me. I think listening to her was one big mistake I made in recent times. So, I am with the doctor now because of acute shoulder pain and she asks the usual assessment questions. I tell her that the pain is acuuuuttteeeee, makes me feel like hell and radiates to my entire right hand. In turn she asks me if I play some sports and I say yes. That’s it!!!

She has now concluded that it is because of that and asks me to pop in one Advil in the morning and night. And she just wrote me offfff!!! Just like that!!! No concern in her voice at all for a patient who is in pain. She would have hardly spent 3-4 mins with me and she decides that I am simply imagining my pain.

Guys, if you have medical issues that needs a good diagnosis, please don’t visit this hospital. It won’t do you any good. Never before in my life was I mistreated like this and made to feel unwelcome in a hospital when I am actually paying for my treatment.

moocher

moocher

I would give the hospital staff especially the nurses 5 stars for their compassion towards the patients. Although I feel the hospital could be remodeled a little to make it look more attractive but that definitely doesn’t affect the way they treat their people.

I wanted to write this review for them ever since my mom got admitted there. But the time has come only now. I had heard a lot of negative things about this place and when I had to admit my mom here, I was skeptical about it. The way they guided us through the formalities and the manner in which the nurses made my mother feel at home is incomparable. I would turn a blind eye to the lack of building aesthetics for care, concern and treatment like this.

I found all the nurses to be good but there are a few exceptional ones as well who leave no stone unturned and go beyond their capacities to take good care of their patients. To be honest, I have not been as attentive to my mother’s needs when she speaks as the nurses here have been. Kudos to them and I hope they will always keep up their good work.

I loved the outstanding professionalism and medical care with a personal touch in it. Couldn’t have asked for more.