Top Ortho Hospital High Cost Hudson Valley Hospital Cortlandt Manor NY (Complication Rates) & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Hudson Valley Hospital located in 1980 CROMPOND ROAD - Cortlandt Manor, NY. Contains reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
1980 CROMPOND ROAD
City
CORTLANDT MANOR
State
NY
ZIP Code
County
WESTCHESTER
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
high
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
0%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
8 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
381 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
69%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
6%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
12.2%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
Somewhat better than National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
10.8%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
14.3%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
8.8%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
16.8%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.1%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections National Comparison
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
kaylei

kaylei

Special thanks to the surgery team. My wife had to get abdominal surgery urgently and we didn’t know what to do. Frazzled doesn’t begin to explain what we were going through. But thankfully the surgeons were very nice, they calmed us down, explained the whole procedure, and even told us what could happen if we postponed it any further. This was a push in the right direction and we dfinally decided to go with it. Thank you so much!

M

mathis

Have come to HVH on many occasions and its been good so far. My mother was admitted here a few months ago for pneumonia and that was pretty intense. I came here directly after work and went to work the next day from here. So it was like spending all my free time at this hospital for 3 weeks. Not complaining at all though- there’s enough entertainment sources. You have LED screens everywhere to keep you company.

Not just in the suites but the waiting areas too. The cafeteria is not far and has decent food. The coffee is manageable too but if you want really good food you can always just cross the street and grab something else. But beyond that I know that my mom was taken good care of and that was a load off my mind. You won’t have to doubt the professionalism of any employee, they are all really compassionate and good at their jobs.

1971potter

1971potter

I got 2 days admission at Hudson Valley and believe it or not I was happy with the service and level of quality. Surprising! The people you meet and deal with on a daily basis will show you what a hospital environment should be like: surrounded by positive energy and professionalism. These two things can go a long way when it comes to a hospital. The workers are nice, friendly, approachable, ever ready to help.. decent looking rooms that are relatively clean for most of the time.

K

Kalaya

Outstanding quality of care… you can feel it as soon as you enter the hospital..
my poor hubby came down with the flu and was out like a light for the entire hospital stay.
He was also loaded up on drugs maybe tha’ts why but never once did he complain about not getting smething from the team.
They made sure he recovered fully and at the quickest possible because he couldn’t afford to miss too many days off of work.
The bill, we were expecting would be outrageous.
But surprisingly wasn’t. Highly recommend.

J

johnson91

It’s looking a lot better since the last time I was here which was last year. The parking was the major issue the last time, this time it was better- they’ve expanded and it even looks fancier.

R

rayne

Had to get spinal surgery last month. It was a very difficult task not just physically but emotionally. I have never gotten surgery done before and knew the risks and complications. Talked ot the doctors and then surgeons about the risks arising from postponing it. My family was on vacation in the Bahamas and I wanted them to be there for the surgery.

But the doctors said postponing it would be risky. So I decided to get it done. He asked me to get myself admitted. Iwent through a tedious process of filling out forms and running around to different departments for different things. They were irresponsible at many places I had to keep checking with them, making sure the facts they had were correct about me even though I filled out the forms correctly, don’t know how they screwed that up.

Anyway, when I finally went to the room and they started prepping me for surgery, that was when my nightmare began. The nurses were so rude and impolite. Imagine a patient who is going through a lot emotionally- the least you can do is be there for them. Or at the very least not bother them as much. They were constantly pestering me with questions and if they caught me crying they’d ask me to stop. I was bullied here the entire pre surgery.

Either being called weak or a cry baby by the nurses and the other technicians that helped them. Complained about this to the surgeon after my surgery and asked him to fire them. Trust me they’re not helping anyone by being there. A disgrace to this hospital. Will randomly start yelling at you for the randomest things. They said I needed to get an MRI scan. As I was going to get it done I was going through too much pain so I asked them if I could get it done later. One nurse said okay and that was it.

A doctor came bursting into my room later on demanding a reason why I hadn’t gotten the MRI despite him telling me to. I was shocked. Even if the nurse hadn’t told him, that was no way to treat a patient who’d undergone surgery. Needless to say I am never c oming back to his shit hole of a hospital.

K

Kannan1983

To half the staff in er you guys rock. To the rest of staff in er you guys suck. Overall you won’t feel like going here because of the dirtiness. You’ll find floss, blood and tissue on the floor. Sometimes even medication which is just not right. They try to keep it clean though the housekeeping team.