PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Holy Name Medical Center located in 718 TEANECK RD - Teaneck, NJ. Contains reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
718 TEANECK RD
City
TEANECK
State
NJ
ZIP Code
County
BERGEN
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
high
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
0%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
311 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
61%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
6%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
13%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
Somewhat better than National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
9.9%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
12.3%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
6%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Significantly better than National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
14.7%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
3.2%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
awesome honey

awesome honey

After an intense surgery they discharged my father.Said he didn’t need to stay in a hospital anymore even though the man was clearly still in pain and could use another couple of days resting in the hospital.But it was clear they wouldn’t keep him.That night he cried out in pain and I called an ambulance.They took him elsewhere where the doctors asked if we were mad not to get him rehab.Very annoyed with Holy Name.

demetria

demetria

Holy Name hospital is one of the good ones.. they have good doctors who are genuinely kind hearted and care.. there’s no head weight about being doctors that make them assholes.. since I’ve been coming here since I was a little girl I’ve always been given special treatment.. but even so never over another sick patient.. For instance one day I remember having a really bad sore throat and could not open my eyes it was that bad..

even so they made a patient with much worse symptoms go before me.. even though my grandmother used to work here and everything.. by special treatment I mean everyone knows me so it’s like a second home to me.. I don’t have to ask them anything, they don’t need to ask me anything, all my details are on their computer so when I go there it’s just like, aww what happened? Maybe other patients may feel it to be weird but I like it..

Of course this was a few years ago.. I moved out of the state but recently came back for a few months for my daughter to visit her grandmother.. My mother has been fighting cancer for 2 years now like a bawse.. so when she said she wanted some grandma granddaughter time who was I to argue.. But during this short time my daughter developed a strange rash on her left arm.. It wouldn’t go..

At first it looked like a spider bite but then it started to expand and she woke up with slight fever on some days.. So I took her to the er at Holy Name and I was surprised when the head nurse recognized me.. I basically saw her as a nursing student and how she grew since then.. Very exhilarating.. But I was glad that even though I ended up talking to her for a bit, catching up, they didn’t give my daughter special treatment or anything.
We waited like everyone else in the waiting area for the triage system to call our names. And THAT’s why this will always be one of my favorite hospitals no matter how far away from it I go.

S

sylis

Everyone is perfectly candid and lovely at this hospital. There’s no fakeness, no one stabbing you behind your back .What needs to be said will be said to your face And I like that kind of behavior. Treat patients with kindess.

elisheva9

elisheva9

Did not like this hospital at all. Terrible experience. If Iwas the patient I wouldn’t be half as emotional but it was my child who is 9 years old. They are extremely busy there are patients swarming in like a bunch of bees but somehow very few staff members. I literally saw one nurse, two assistants, one receptionist, and one PA. That’s IT for about 100+ patients in the ER alone.

Not only that when you come in they make you wait for an eternity. They ask you to fill out the medical forms and will take your vitals. When I saw that happen I was happy, thought this meant it would go on from there. But no. They took his vitals and asked us to wait. We waited for at least 2 hours. Then they called my son’s name who was asleep in my lap by then. Is it even humanely to ask a suffering child to wait for that long? Despite the “rush”? I don’t think so.

N

nakayla

In an out in less than 50 minutes very efficient staff and good doctors who will explain whatever you ask them . Had to get a CT scan done at holy name after a slight head injury which was causing me a lot of pain . Every one told me it would take at least 2-3 hours so I expected the worst . but was shocked when they said I could leave in 45-50 minutes tops . Good hospital would come bacl

I

izabella

I’ve been dragging my husband to different hospitals to find the ideal birth place for us.
We want it to be in a really special hospital so that our newborn will be most comfortable when he/she arrives.
Shocked when I heard they didn’t have an NICU. Or a level 3 nursey for that matter. It was strange because for a hospital this big is that even allowed by the state?
Other than that we attended a cute prenatal class that was going on at the time.
The person who conducted it was very sweet and accommodating.
I asked her why there was no NICU and she was trying to promote the brand so said a bunch of stuff I didn’t get.
But my baby is not being delivered here.

M

malaki22

Operator on the phone is very rude and impatient, he will cut you off every time you try to speak or ask them a question. He was no help at all. Was expecting better service here since I’d heard such nice things about this place. Tip: don’t work here if you lose your temper easily.