PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center located in 1300 N VERMONT AVE - Los Angeles, CA. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
1300 N VERMONT AVE
City
LOS ANGELES
State
CA
ZIP Code
County
LOS ANGELES
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Proprietary
Emergency Department Volume
medium
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
2 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
10 minutes
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
59 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
295 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
2.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
1.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
1.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
1.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
54%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
16%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
12.4%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
8.8%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly better than National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
13.4%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
7.8%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
12.4%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Better than the National Rate
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.5%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
archipelago

archipelago

Insurance does pretty silly things like denying a legitimate claim or sending you to a death sentence, I mean a hospital where you will realize the value of life and how you wish to enjoy it, i.e. if you get out alive from the hospital.

I had gotten myself admitted to UCLA ER for severe breathing issue, but my insurance required me to be transferred to Hollywood Presbyterian… I made a major blunder by going for insurance. I should have paid for my stay at UCLA. Hollywood Presbyterian is the perfect example of how a totally incompetent staff can completely ruin a hospital. It is a patient’s nightmare. I felt like going crazy by the end of my stay.

As told earlier, I was admitted for serious breathing problems. Upon my admission, I gave all the details to the staff, yet every member of the medical staff who came into my room were not sure of the reason for my admission. They were not ready to listen to anything that I said. I was very angry when a doctor just looked at the chart and left the room even when I was talking to him. They reportedly gave me medicines which could have increased my complications. I was knowledgeable about my condition, and I just did not agree with the treatment. I stayed in the stupid hospital for two days and those two days all I saw was a steady stream of medical staff coming and trying to guesstimate what ailed me. However, despite their best efforts, these dumbos did not come anywhere close to determining the cause. I practically discharged myself, and these idiots did not even have to courtesy to help me out of the hospital.

This is not the end of the story. After I got the patient records for going to a different doctor, I was flabbergasted. Nearly 80% of the information in the records were wrong. The age was wrong, medical history was off the mark and so was my ethnicity. Furthermore, the medicines mentioned in the list and those given to me were completely different. The records were way off the mark, and my pulmonologist could not even refer it.

PLEASE AVOID THIS HOSPITAL. IT IS FOR YOUR SAFETY.

Cora

Cora

I always google before going to any hospital. I was really nervous looking at the numerous negative comments about Hollywood Presbyterian, but then I thought let’s give it a try since this was the closest to my home. I went to the hospital and was triaged within few minutes. The nurse took my vitals and to my pleasant surprise sent me to see the NP (who was a very sweet lady). The NP came in 10 minutes, had a good look at my arm and wrote a prescription. It took me only half-an-hour to enter the hospital, get checked out and exit the hospital.

The only problem I had with this hospital was that it could do with some upgradation and modern feel. The hospital feels very dated.

E

edward

My experience at the Hollywood Presbyterian Hospital was what one could say a near perfect “hospital” experience. I was greeted very warmly by the guard who ushered me in. That set the tone for the day. A very friendly and caring receptionist welcomed me while another friendly receptionist took my info. She even showed me the way to surgery since I was unfamiliar with Hollywood Presbyterian. The aides, nurses, the surgical team as well as the doctors were ALL AMAZING. Hollywood Presbyterian was surprisingly very clean, and I felt very safe and in better hands. This for me was the nearly perfect “hospital” experience. I am glad that I visited Hollywood Presbyterian for my surgery.

L

lainey

The first thing that a patient would want from their doctors and nurses is to PAY ATTENTION. It is the #1 request from the patients. PLEASE PAY ATTENTION. My son was recently in this hospital with severe breathing problems. Not one single person was able to tell us what his problem was, or what has to be done. They even took a “so-called” interview with him. They gave us what they had written, and it was 99% INCORRECT. Except for his name and gender, the rest of the details were completely wrong. Medications, ethnicity, main complaint, everything was incorrect. How can one expect to get better care if your doctors and nurses don't listen to you?!?!?

GUYS, PAY ATTENTION!!

ragtag

ragtag

I underwent major abdominal surgery at Hollywood Presbyterian and was released a few days back to my home. Everyone treated me well. From the surgery team to the doctors and nurses on the floor where I was shifted, everyone took good care of me and made sure my stay was comfortable. I'm thankful to everyone!

E

effer

My elderly mother ended up at this hospital with a high fever, body aches, stomach cramps, and dehydration. Hollywood Presbyterian took very good care of her. Since I was in Belgrade for official work, I could not attend to her, but I called daily, both in the morning and evening, and each time the nurses answered my questions and cleared my doubts without any hint of impatience. The nurses and doctors were not rude to her. They were friendly, patient, and thorough. They even helped me to transfer my mother to her home without any problems. They took real good care of her, and for that, I am ever grateful to Hollywood Presbyterian.

froufrou

froufrou

Avoid Hollywood Presbyterian, especially the Emergency Room. I went to the hospital on a Thursday afternoon around 3:30 pm, waited for nearly four hours in absolute terrible pain. They showed concern, and said they will be very quick, but they didn't. The quick stretched to four hours. The ER restrooms were very nasty and dirty. There was no tissues or soap and we needed the help of security guard to open the door.

After I was finally taken in, they did one small test, and the doctor spent his "three minutes” with me. And what do I get, a bill of $430 after the insurance paid $2000. Overall, the visit to Hollywood Presbyterian was a frustrating and very disappointing experience.

Alina

Alina

Hollywood Presbyterian staff needs a crash course of learning how to deal with specially-abled patients. I had gone to Hollywood Presbyterian with a relative who was specially-abled and had been suffering from high fever and cough. He was not able to express his feelings very clearly. I informed the nurses about his condition, but they had no idea on how to approach him. While one was shouting at him thinking he was tone deaf, others stayed away from him as if he was harboring some contagious infection. My relative got scared with all the happenings around him and started shouting and crying. They had the gumption to laugh at his plight and even shouted at him to stop making a scene in the ER…

I had enough and gave a piece of my mind to both the nurses and forced them to apologize to him. I am even planning to file a formal complaint with the management and ensure that these nurses are either removed from the service or put in a place where they do not interact with patients. Hollywood Presbyterian, please train staff in ways to behave with specially-abled patients!

M

muckety-muck

Hollywood Presbyterian is the best hospital for delivering your child! For starters, you have wonderful nurses, who go out of the way to make the person comfortable and take wonderful care of both the mother and the child. The help which we received from the Labor & Delivery team was far beyond expectations! I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this hospital to everyone. Thank you, guys! Keep up the good work.

F

Friend

I've been to Hollywood Presbyterian twice or thrice, and each time I was treated well. The staff is very good. You are welcomed with a beautiful smile. Even when you are delayed for your appointment, the nurses take care of you and make sure that things are not aggravated due to the waiting. The nurses and the doctors are also very friendly and are very detailed in their explanations and make sure that you understand what the problem is and how could one help in rectifying it. I won’t hesitate in recommending this hospital to my friends and family.

B

braeden

Hollywood Presbyterian ER is super quick. I had gone with a deep gash on my forehead after a bike accident. I was taken in very quickly, and the vitals were taken and paperwork was done in a jiffy. The nurse practitioner took a good look at the wound and then stitched it up very neatly. The NP also gave Motrin as well as antibiotics, and I was out of the ER in one hour. Good service. Keep it up!!!!