PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Highpoint Health located in 600 WILSON CREEK RD - Lawrenceburg, IN. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
600 WILSON CREEK RD
City
LAWRENCEBURG
State
IN
ZIP Code
County
DEARBORN
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Government - Local
Emergency Department Volume
medium
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
25 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
7 minutes
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
34 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
228 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
75%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
6%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
14.7%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
10.2%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
14%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
7.5%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
15.4%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.6%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
P

Pammy

Sometimes, insurance can throw a curveball at you. My son was in an accident and ended up with a fractured right wrist. We were rejected by three Urgent Cares, not due to the complexities of the case, but due to the insurance. They did not accept my insurance. The third Urgent Care directed me towards Highpoint Health, and I am glad that they did. I had heard some very negative reviews about this facility, but given the situation, I would have even taken a hospital present in a desert. I was praying that my son gets the appropriate treatment. We arrive at the facility, are seen, and he is taken for immediate surgery, and after five hours we are going home. Everyone we interacted with was great. They were welcoming and nice. They helped my son relax before, during and after surgery. It was a complete contrast of what we had heard about them. We truly appreciate the efforts taken by Highpoint Health to take care of my son.

A

ADeLine

My friend and I visited the Pain Clinic situated at the backside of Highpoint Health. This was sometime back in July of 2018. The clinic looked spanking new. All of us know that wound care is pretty messy and can be extremely painful, but not at Highpoint Health. My friend had a festering wound, and we are happy that we came here. The nurse and doctor were so gentle with him that he did not realize the dressing was taken care off. They even talked with him about sundry things which helped him to take his mind off the treatment. Once the dressing was done, they had the patience to listen to my friend’s question and concerns, and each one was addressed with a smile.

We are not sure about the entire facility, but would certainly say that the quality of care we received at the Pain Clinic was exceptional.

B

BadAss

My dad was hospitalized here for five days, and there no words that can describe how well he was treated here. My dad had been hospitalized at five different places over the past three years, but compared to the other four, Highpoint Health was much better and far superior. We are very pleased that we do not have to run around searching for facilities that can take good care of my father. Three cheers to the extremely loving staff!!!

S

stephen wright

I am extremely disappointed by the level of care that I received at Highpoint Health. These bozos could not even find a simple medication like Tylenol. It took them nearly an hour to find a bottle, and one which they got was expired (got saved due to my lovely wife). The wait lasted for another hour. During the overnight stay, I was shivering, and my wife asked for some blankets, but it was to no avail. We managed somehow, and the next day, the doctor comes and discharges me and gives me parting shot…Go to St. Elizabeth's if you want better care. WOW!!! Thought I had seen it all, but this was new.

U

umlaut

One question to all my friends out here….how do you check whether you have any nerve-related injury or not….You would go for some tests and scans, right? You are completely wrong. All you have to do is sit on a bed and raise your leg. If you can, then you do not have any problem. Surprised? Well, that is what happened to me.

I went to this facility for a freak back injury, with resultant shooting pain and burning sensation down my legs. I get checked in, am asked to sit on a bed and raise my legs. I was able to, and they discharged me. I was too stunned to ask for anything or argue.

T

Tyson

Highpoint Health Hospital is the best hospital that one can find in Dearborn County and nearby areas! Never mind the negative reviews. Tell me which hospital is 100%. All of them have flaws, and so does Highpoint Health. But what separates this facility from others is the quality of care. The staff treats each patient like a family member. I highly recommend seeking care at Highpoint Health Hospital!

Lena

Lena

I had one of the quickest ER visits. I went in, the on-call doctor sees me, goes ahead with cleaning the bruise and the wound, stitches me up, and writes down a painkiller and an antibiotic. Everything took place under 90 minutes. Yes, they were deserted when I went in, but there were two serious accident victims, and the entire staff was tending to them. That, however, did not diminish the level of care. A very good experience!!!