PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Hialeah Hospital located in 651 E 25TH ST - Hialeah, FL. Contains reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
651 E 25TH ST
City
HIALEAH
State
FL
ZIP Code
County
MIAMI-DADE
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Proprietary
Emergency Department Volume
high
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
14 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
338 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
2.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
64%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
14%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
12.6%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
Somewhat better than National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
9.7%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
12.7%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
7.9%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
18.1%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
Not Available
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Not Available
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
D

dj

The staff at Hialeah treat patients the right way. They are caring, empathetic and emotional beings. Not like other mean doctors at other hospitals. Which is why I keep coming back here. They have treated me twice before and my brother once and we have only had good experiences with this hospital. In fact our recoveries were also speedier than we were told so that was also a huge bonus for us. Love this place.

A

Asmaa

So much this hospital needs to improve on. They have no compassion or human warmth towards anyone. Especially the nursing staff and the administration team. If you ask them a question they will take forever to answer. They act like they’re not the ones who can answer, only doctors can. But how often do we see doctors in this place?

Hard to say because I’ve never seen one yet. It’s only been nurse practitioners and nurses. So yeah it’s like nurses run the place. When you ask them a simple question about what they’re giving you they pretend like they don’t know. If you push them on it they will say stuff like “only the doctor is authorized to say that” or “let me have the doctor look at your chart”. If you hear them say that you might as well quit while you’re ahead- they are not going to give you an answer it’s as simple as that.

Now try to complain about them to the admin team? Don’t even bother .At least some of the nurses are polite but the admin team has all bitches working for it. Not one person will answer calmly at first I thought it was just their voices and the way they talked. But when they talk to each other it’s always really sweet and low voiced. SO that means thyey’re doing it on purpose? Why? Just because I asked something I am SO rightful to ask? After all the treatment is being done under my name so I have the right to know what I’m taking .

Very shady hospital in terms of what goes down. And if they are not giving you clear cut answers you just know you gotta get out of there. Please make sure your personnel develop some people skills otherwise there’s no way anyone will come to this hospital. Oh yeah and another thing. Ever heard of a broom or a mop? This place is just filthy.

Like I don’t mind it but if I were to bring my wife or my kids there’s no way they would’ve walked these halls. Try taking that up with the admin team and see how they weasel their way out of that one. Lord knows this hospital could use some serious remodeling right about now.The patients are literally crying for help, please get the work done.

B

byrd

They want to kick you out nothing else very rude no sense of compassion from even a single doctor I dare you to find . I was in pain and they lie to my face say me there is no room available but I saw two patients in very spacious rooms alone . Racist and mean towards poor .

J

Joann

Hialeah hospital does not take responsibility for screwingup trust me I would know was so upset by it that I threatened to sue and took it up with a lawyer but they convinced me to let it go. These big hospitals always find a way out and will haveme trapped. I just hope they don’t do this to other patients because what happened to me was not easy.. Since 2017 May I’ve been coming to Hialeah hospital to the OB/GYN section in particular because the OBs are really friendly and nice there. Built up a nice relationship with most of the employees on that side of the building, they even knew details about my personal life (my bad).

But anyway a few months ago I went in because the area under my intestine was hurting. I felt there was some issue with my ovaries so I went to my OB. After some tests she said nothing was wrong and that it might just be period cramps. But what kind of girl doesn’t know how to recognize period cramps. I knew it wasn’t that and asked her to check for anything else. They said they could contact me again and that didn’t happen for 2 days. The following day my stomach started hurting way too much so I rushed to the ER at memorial. That’s when I realized Hialeah is absolute garbage. In less than 2 hours they were able to tell me that I had appendicitis. I mean, what even is that. What kind of hospital does that to a patient? Ignorant freaks, I am definitely changing my OB.. thinking about going with Memorial but it may be too soon to decide.

1989Fletcher

I don’t mind the hospital staff at Hialeah, they’ve always treated us well. But not sure I would give the cleanliness here a 5 star rating. Everything is pretty dirty, whether it’s the floors, ceilings, windows or even doors.