PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Henry Ford Macomb Hospital located in 15855 NINETEEN MILE RD - Clinton Township, MI. Contains reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
15855 NINETEEN MILE RD
City
CLINTON TOWNSHIP
State
MI
ZIP Code
County
MACOMB
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Proprietary
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
0 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
332 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
3.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
58%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
11%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
10.7%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
Significantly better than National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
11%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Somewhat better than National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
2.8%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
13.9%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
7.8%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
14.7%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.2%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
J

jessie medina

My daughter gave birth to my grand daughter here last week and I was with her during the delivery. I was thoroughly impressed by the services they extended to my daughter and the way they treated her like a princess. Nothing else in this word could have made a mother feel better.

They were a team and their work was simply outstanding. The doctor prescribed a 3 day complete bed rest to my daughter and the nurses took care of her like a queen in those 3 days. My princess did not have not even move her little finger for anything she required.

I for sure recommend the labor and delivery unit for they are the best in the whole of United States. A big thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking such remarkable care of my daughter and grand daughter.

I am forever indebted to these guys!

shewalksinmoonlight

shewalksinmoonlight

The ER department is great; they are quick, efficient and they go about their work wonderfully well. The doctors and the nurses in the ER are the best and all my life I have wished to have such a good team treat me.
The rooms are good, the whole place and clean and well- maintained and most importantly, the place doesn’t smell like a hospital.

I have not come across such a good hospital in my recent past and I would definitely come back in case of any medical issues.

H

Heinz Becker

I was here last month and I sat in their ER for 4 hours expecting some kind of help and they greatly disappointed me. The wait at their ER is crazy and I wonder what would they do if a person is actually dying and needs immediate care. Would they make him/her wait like this and then go on to treat their corpse, for no one would survive a critical ER situation.

By the way, it is not just me! I happened to interact with others who were sitting with me and got to know a few of them have been waiting for as long as 9 hours.

I really need to question the competency of the hospital staff working here…

I

irie

I had a hip replacement surgery here and the only reason I chose this hospital was because my doctor was simply out of the world and too good and highly proficient in his work.

But post the surgery, I should have gotten myself admitted elsewhere. Lol!!!!! I say this because the care extended to me post my surgery was horrible. I was not expecting much after what I had heard about this place but since my doctor was hell good, I expected a minimum standard at least.

Their patient care is the worst I have seen and I feared for my life while I was admitted there post op. I don’t think I would go here again no matter how good the doctor is.

Kaan

Kaan

My husband slipped hard and fell flat on his back. My biggest fear was a spine injury but thankfully it was not as bad as expected. I took him to Henry Ford ER as it was the closest one to our place and since he was in a lot of pain, I wanted the ER fellows to take a good look at him as soon as possible.

But I regret to say that I did not have a good experience here. Those people were rude and none of them had the basic courtesy or manners. They care hoots for the safety of their patients and that scared me to the core.

I instantly regretted my decision of bringing my husband to this awful place but it was too late by then. He was seen in sometime and given OTC pain medications. No proper check ups, scans, tests; NOTHING!! And then pushed out of the hospital saying that they do not have enough beds.

I sincerely wish I had taken him elsewhere. If I did, he would not have to pop in those useless pills and bear with the pain for one more day.

ZURI

ZURI

I have had some great medical care here that too in a very long time. The place has some very good doctors and nurses and they are all very kind hearted and compassionate towards their patients.

They genuinely love their patients and are sensitive to their pain as well as needs. All of them know what they are doing and suppose they don’t know, they take the pain of getting things clarified before proceeding with anything.

J

jannah

I sprained my ankle while playing and I went to the ER at Henry Ford expecting some help. But they disappointed me big time! They are slower than snails and are not bothered about their patients at all.

They have time for all the chit chat and gossips in the world and patient care is their last priority. I waited for almost 5 plus hours to get an ankle sprain treated and to ensure there was no fracture.

They are the most laid back and negligent medical staff I have ever seen in my life. Please stay away from this place.

J

jeezy

I write this review while I am right here in their ER waiting for like 4 hours to get some relief for my pain. I don’t think any sane person would ever want to come back to such an inefficient ER after being treated like shit.
4 hours, nobody cares, nobody has a solution and I still have those sharp stabbing pains. I did not come here to sit and wait like a fool and be treated like a beggar after having paid for the services. I sincerely expected them to offer a solution to my pain.

But they had time for everything else in the world except treating their patients. I overheard a few conversations and I knew what kept them busy; not the patients though!