PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Henrico Doctors Hospital located in 1602 SKIPWITH ROAD - Richmond, VA. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
1602 SKIPWITH ROAD
City
RICHMOND
State
VA
ZIP Code
County
HENRICO
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Other
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
0%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
212 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
65%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
8%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
11.8%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
10.5%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
2.9%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
12.9%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
8.8%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
15.9%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
1.6%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Better than the National Rate
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
phollins34

phollins34

They are very biased to some patients-assuming regulars. I was waiting in the waiting room for over 2 hours and they said I was yet to be called. Then another patient waltzed in from outside, started chatting with the receptionist and walked right in. I was so furious- this is NOT done.
What the eff is the triage system in place for? Regular patients will just walk right in, have no regard for those of us waiting for hours.

R

rphoenix

My father has had more than just a few endoscopies before, but I’ve never taken him to HDH simply because I’ve never tried it. But last week I had to take him here and the care patients are given at this hospital is amazing. Unlike anything I’ve ever seen before.

jeni1220

jeni1220

If you are preggers and are considering Henrico Doctor’s hospital for delivering, then I must commend you on your decision. I myself had been racking my brain about where to go, shortlisting 5 hospitals in the area that I checked out and liked. I finally had to make a quick decision and chose Henrico. Even though I wasn’t particularly impressed by the service here or bonded with either nurse or doctor, I ended up liking my experience here, it was all very natural. Nothing superficial.

So when my water broke, my hubby drove me over to Henrico. He had to park the vehicle so dropped me at the entrance of the hospital. I was in a pretty awkward stage and just stood there waiting for my husband to join me. A kind nurse walked towards me and asked me if I wanted a wheelchair. I almost cried because no one had ever been that nice to me in this hospital before.

Not that no one is nice, it’s just everyone always seemed busy with their own personal lives (nurses included). Anyway, the nurse wheeled me towards the reception to have me checked in, and that was when my hubby joined us. We booked a personal suite for the delivery and my doula joined me 15 minutes after checking in.

A lot of people have horror stories about how their deliveries were, but mine was pretty smooth. Maybe because after an hour, I had my healthy baby son. But I do owe it all to the amazing OB and great nurses at HDH, who didn’t mind all my cussing and name calling during labor. Also, since I’ve had blood pressure issues since I was 17, they were struggling a lot to put in the IV.

This was a little annoying because when you’re going through labor pain, the last thing you want is a bunch of nurses hoarding around you, desperately trying to find a vein in your arm. This may have been where the name calling started (lol) but they were very patient with me. In fact, one of the nurses was pregnant herself and I have no idea how she was still working and happy- my hormones were practically scattered on the floor.

Everything post delivery was also smooth- we were transferred to another room and I checked out 72 hours post that. I had some issues with lactation (and the baby latching on) but they have the best lactation consultants in this practice. They will guide you through everything, even explain how to combat these issues at home. Was very appreciative of their services. Also, a massive shout out to all the nurses who do this on a daily basis. You guys made my delivering experience a wonderful one, one I shall never forget. Much thank!

Diptee

Diptee

Efficient manner of carrying out their administrative activities.
Here is my story :
Late at night I started having these massive pangs of pain in my stomach and my sister rushed me to the hospital nearest to her house. I’d never even heard of HDH before, but decided what the hell- it’s a hospital after all. When I got there, they were quick to diagnose me and found out that I had kidney stones. In another 15 minutes I was checked in and was going for a CT scan. Very fast and efficient service.

L

LOVELYLADY

I don’t recommend this hospital one bit. As a nursing student myself I was ashamed by the total lack of professionalism seen mostly in the nursing team.
Brought my father to HDH and stayed with him overnight one time and noticed that the night shift nurses are literally the worst here. They just dump their stuff and start gossiping- it’s literally like a gossip club or something. There were these three nurses, who literally reminded me of Mean Girls (not even kidding). I overheard them complain about the administration and even some patients. In fact, some of them were even gossiping about the patients, and what they had. This was a serious violation of patient confidentiality and I was so close to complaining. But then again, I am a nursing student myself, and I hate the idea of getting fellow nurses into trouble.

When my father’s IV drip was close to finishing I called out to a nurse; she looked into our room and then looked away. Ummm, excuse me? That’s when I got really cross and decided to give a piece of my mind to them. When I approached her,she was rude and arrogant and said that I didn’t have to tell her that. she was going to change it herself in 2 minutes. I was so angry I decided it wasn’t even worth the trouble and walked away. Later on at night when my dad was thirsty we requested some water. Another nurse (probably part of the mean girls gang) rolled her eyes at me and scoffed under her breath. They were acting like they were doctors or something. Back where I work, I am on my feet 24x7 especially during night shifts because that’s when patients need the most attention.

R

Rubydust

They treat outpatients just as well as inpatients (full disclosure: not sure what the difference is) but still, impressed. My husband had to have surgery here last night after being an outpatient for 2 days here. The kind of doctors and nurses that this hospital houses is worth appreciating- very caring, helpful and friendly. They explain everything thoroughly before: even if it’s a simple medication.

H

harpazo22

Shout-out to the L&D unit at HDH- they are amazing at what they do. Holler at Dr. Weatherford if you ever need an appointment with THE best OB at Henrico, she supported me and my family through a very difficult pregnancy. This hospital has some of the kindest souls working here, you will not regret having your delivery here.

*SUGGESTION* - increase the parking space here. Even though the hospital is huge, the waiting line in the front to get to the parking lot is crazy. I had to wait 15 minutes- before giving birth- to get to the parking lot myself. And that’s just a little crazy. Other than that too, top notch service here.