High Cost Henderson Hospital NV Complication Rates & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Henderson Hospital located in 1050 WEST GALLERIA DRIVE - Henderson, NV. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
1050 WEST GALLERIA DRIVE
City
HENDERSON
State
NV
ZIP Code
County
CLARK
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Proprietary
Emergency Department Volume
high
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
6 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
335 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
4.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
69%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
8%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
8.7%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
16.2%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
Not Available
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Not Available
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
B

Brittany

I have been coming to this hospital ever since they opened up. Whether it was my migraines, my mom’s fractures, my brother’s asthma, or my father’s heart attacks, they have always taken great care of us- not just individually, but as a family. They know exactly what to say to provide the patient’s family with strength. Marvelous.

Mathias Hk

Mathias Hk

My wife recently delivered here, it was a complicated pregnancy and we ended up having a cesarean but it was successful. Even though many OBs had warned us before, saying that the complication would render us unhappy (possible miscarriage), the amazing Dr. Ramsey took us in and said he would deliver our baby boy. This was our light at the end of the tunnel after waiting for years to have a baby. The only doctor who agreed to take us on, so we owe him our lives.

Now, a little bit about the hospital itself- well, we have only been to the L&D unit, so I can only speak for that. The staff members were very kind and helpful to my wife, addressing all her concerns (and mine). What I loved most about them was how they communicated with one another. Not one person was out of the loop about the entire process. Very efficient.

Pretorius

Pretorius

Can’t help but tip my hat off to the amazing cancer center at Henderson. They were more than just accommodating, something I used to feel at all the other cardiac centers I’d previously been to. But over here, they treat you like you’re an essential part of the hospital. You become friends with the staff members, the nurses are kind and compassionate, the doctors are relentless in finding the perfect cure for you. All in all, it’s an experience that feels nothing like a hospital, where you feel nothing like a patient. The ideal situation for someone going through a lot, emotionally, because they take the load off. I sure as hell hope my heart issues don’t start up again, but if they do, rest assured I’m going back to Henderson and no other.

Aurora

Aurora

Giving birth at Henderson is a cinch, I didn’t even feel like I was in labor. Of course, that could just be good genes but I’m gonna go ahead and include Henderson in my list of thank you notes. Because no matter how easy a circumstance might be, I feel the surroundings have a lot to do with making it easier on you. For instance, if I had a noisy labor room with a lot of annoying nurses speaking all at once, I would be wildly uncomfortable. But that wasn’t the case at Henderson, they clearly know just how to do it right.

My OB/GYN recommended this place to deliver because he would be able to deliver it right here. I checked out the place with my cousin sister who seemed to really like the look of it. I called up a person who wrote a review on Yelp about it and left a number. She said she has three kids, and all of them were delivered at Henderson with zero issues. This seemed somewhat convincing, so I decided to pre-register for a suite in this hospital for when I would go into labor.

On the day I was to deliver, my water broke and immediately my husband drove us to Henderson, which is not too far away from home. We got there and as soon as the head nurse saw me, she summoned a wheelchair and got me checked in. That’s right, I didn’t have to do nothing! It was a smooth ride from there, of course, there were hiccups here and there with some of the staff members but I am not going to pin that on Henderson. Besides, it was late at night, so I can cut them some slack.

I delivered on time and it was a healthy baby boy who we named Turner. I stayed back at the hospital for 4 extra days and was pampered tremendously. Also, I stayed back primarily to check out the postpartum sessions and if they’d offer anything- sadly they didn’t so I didn’t ask either. The only suggestion I have would be to offer new mothers postpartum help because they aren’t always in a position to ask. But other than that, my experience with Henderson has been great. Have been recommending the L&D unit at Henderson to a lot of my friends who are pregnant.

G

goldenmain

I hate making phone calls and booking appointments with hospitals. They keep putting you on hold and often forget about you. But I faced no such issues at Henderson. They were very thorough, I got through immediately and was able to book an appointment the very next day. Met up with the secretary who booked the appointment too, very efficient young lady. Nice hospital with good, qualified staff.

PotMan

PotMan

I can’t even. I was not going to write a review about my horrific experience at Henderson but then figured this shall be a forewarning to all those who are making the grave mistake of coming here to begin with. No regard for patients at all- the nurses just act like you don’t exist. So I have severe migraine issues, they just pop out of nowhere. I had to rush to the ER at Henderson to get it checked out because it has never been this bad. I didn’t even have anyone with me, so I had to drive myself, fill out the forms at the reception…everything. The least you’d expect is a modicum of decency from the staff? But no.

So there I was, with my head on fire, asking the receptionist when I’d get called. She looked at me, said it was an emergency room and that there were more serious cases than a mere migraine. I was shocked but didn’t want to create a scene, so I simply sat in the waiting room. Minutes turned into hours and I just couldn’t take it. Not the waiting, the fact that someone with migraine was shunned. Not only that, anyone with migraine knows how uncomfortable it is to sit in a well-lit room with a lot of people and a noisy TV channel.

I did everything I could to ask them to give me a separate, quiet room where I could just close my eyes, but they said no. I waited for what seemed like an eternity. I cried a lot. The doctor saw me and asked why I was crying. I told him the receptionist was very rude and didn’t consider my migraine serious. He was nice and said to leave it be, that most of the night shift staff were very edgy. I suppose it was nice of him not to regard my migraine as nothing serious. Anyway, the doctor was nice but I’d still never go back to Henderson. Not even if I was getting paid to come here.

O

Onatah

Emergency Departments are always nerve racking. This time I had to come in with my father. Was running around from nurse to nurse getting his X-rays, CT scan results and other blood test results to find out what the issue was. But the ED staff are commendable, truly. They are effective and are not condescending. Very affectionate people who will provide you with high-quality health care (my father can vouch for this). Many thanks!