PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Hahnemann University Hospital located in 230 NORTH BROAD STREET - Philadelphia, PA. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
230 NORTH BROAD STREET
City
PHILADELPHIA
State
PA
ZIP Code
County
PHILADELPHIA
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Proprietary
Emergency Department Volume
high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
50 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
2%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
89 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
326 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
2.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
63%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
13%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
13.3%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
10.1%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
16.8%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
6.6%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
17.3%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.3%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Significantly worse than the National Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
P

Phoenix777

As a graduate student at Hahnemann, I think this is a great place to flourish as a medical student. Even interns get equal opportunities, as much as residents and as long as you perform well, they will help you grow. My mentor here, Dr. G is my savior, the person who taught me everything that I know today about medicine. A shout out to all the amazing nurses who made it easier on us when we needed guidance. Much love and appreciation.

J

joys

My 8 year old son was diagnosed with Leukemia when he was 5, and it’s been a rough couple of years. In and out of hospitals, looking for the perfect place to treat him. It hasn’t been easy on us, but it’s been harder on him. Imagine a child having to go through chemo. It really takes a toll on your body. Anyway, this was one place we knew we could count on. The Hahnemann university hospital has some of the best staff working at the oncology department, specifically radiation oncology. The nurses over here are probably the sweetest souls you will ever meet in your life. What’s best is that no one treats the patients differently, just because they are cancer patients.

My son gets stared at plenty already because of his shaved head and he’d pretty much given up on life. Coming from an 8-year old, I know how remorseful that can sound. But rare cases of Leukemia can cause a lot of public shaming. At Hahnemann, no one teased him, no one called him names, and better yet, he actually made friends in his age group. The nurses made good friends with him too, staying up with him when he felt the pain surge through him and holding his hand. Nurse Penny especially I have to thank because she spent her nights reading him bedtime stories when he couldn’t fall asleep, even though she was off duty. And so many others who I don’t even remember, you guys have all been an integral part in my son’s life.

He is currently recovering slowly from the ailment and we hope he will have recovered fully in another couple of months after his surgery. Even though he probably doesn’t even know how serious this surgery is, I’m happy the pressure is not on him; he’s just playing chess with his friends and all I can say is, I’m glad we brought him here. The positive energy around the hospital will change the way they look at life, and for that, I owe them my life. Really great oncology unit at Hahnemann!

B

beachbum

They don’t care if a patient dies in the ER do they? It won’t be because they neglected to see them and treat them on time, it’ll be because they never got to the hospital in time. Just baffles me that the average wait time in an ER waiting room is 3-4 hours. Is that even morally sound?

gmckee1985

gmckee1985

It may not be the best looking hospital in all of Philly, but it has some of the most competent doctors you will ever meet. The finest medical staff that will take care of you, no matter what the ailment. Besides, the main reason why I always run towards university hospitals is that there is never a shortage of staff. I don’t know if that’s something you’ve ever noticed, but uni hospitals are always loaded. So you never have to worry about waiting in long, arduous lines for medical procedures, because there are so many people there, most to learn, but still.

I mean, there’s only so much someone can screw up and I’m not the kind of person that worries that much when interns take my blood samples- they need guinea pigs after all, to become professionally experienced and I don’t mind being that guinea pig every now and then. Plus, I love how scared they are constantly, I think it keeps them on their toes and doesn’t let them screw up as much. As an old chief of medicine myself, I enjoy it when they practice on me.

S

Shelli P.

After my sister’s third delivery at Hahnemann L&D, I knew that if I were ever to have kids it would be here. My first appointment was at 6 weeks pregnant with the brilliant Dr. Delvadia, who had delivered my two nieces and nephew. She had told me from the beginning that it would be a complicated delivery, but she would be with me throughout and every step of the way. Unfortunately, my baby passed 2 days ago, but I will never blame Hahnemann. They did everything they could and I appreciate them.

111kg

I don’t have much prior experience at this hospital but from my last visit, all I can say is that I am surprised at how bad the American health system has become.
The quality has declined on such a steep slope that I doubt there’s any coming back from this.
After having taken my father for his treatment at Hahnemann, I can honestly say that in terms of competency, Hahnemann is no better either.
If I gave this establishment even 1 star out of a 5 star rating, that would be surprising.
They not only humiliated him, I’m pretty sure his condition has gotten only worse because of how horribly they treat patients here.
I mean I’m confused, you DO want them to get better, don’t you?
I reckon they just want the older patients to stick around longer so they can squeeze as much money from their insurance as they can, but this is JUST NOT DONE.

S

stridee

Every single working member at Hahnemann must be brought up in this post because of how much they can impact a person going through depression. The security guards, the nurses, the technicians, the physicians, the surgeons, even my hospital roomie- they were all very chatty, happy people who were nothing like me, yet made me feel extremely comfortable to be where I was, even though it was a hospital. I was scared of having another episode sometime during my stay, but I actually found the opposite to happen: they made my depression fade away, ever so slowly, but still.

Trishybb

Trishybb

My kid sister came home for the weekend and we were having a chill weekend with good food and company. Out of nowhere, she fainted and we all freaked. We called 911 who took her to the emergency room at Hahnemann, it was the closest hospital to our house. As someone who has never walked into a hospital before, let me just tell you that I was disgusted.

It was very filthy, especially the ER waiting room, there was literally some dried up blood right under my seat. Pretty sure they could get shut down if I reported what I witnessed in the bathroom but anyway, that’s not even my complaint. My sister woke up in the middle of the night, unaware of where she was. They refused to let us go inside and see her and the poor thing was all alone in the ER with no one to talk to. It was very rude of them.