Top Heart Hospital High Cost Greenville Memorial Hospital SC Complication Rates & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Greenville Memorial Hospital located in 701 GROVE RD - Greenville, SC. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
701 GROVE RD
City
GREENVILLE
State
SC
ZIP Code
County
GREENVILLE
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
very high
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
6%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
Not Available
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
340 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
3.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
2.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
65%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
9%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
12.2%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
12.4%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
2.3%
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
15.1%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
9.2%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
16.7%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
Not Available
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Not Available
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Significantly netter than the National Rate
Surgical Site Infections With Abdominal Hysterectomy
Hospital Acquired Central Line Blood Infection Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly greater than the National Average
Ramirez

Ramirez

This was one great hospital experience. Lord knows I don’t have a lot of those, so when this happened, I knew I had to write a review immediately. The doctors and nurses are friendly. The cleaning staff are very efficient, will do as directed. The radiology department is fast and efficient with results- they double check everything because it’s easy to make mistakes. If they make mistakes, they own up to it. This is why I love it here. Very responsible medical staff.

K

kenzlie

My niece gave birth in the L&D unit of Greenville Memorial and she said it was a comfortable experience. But when I went in to visit her, the room smelled of urine- not even like a faint smell, almost like there was urine on the floor. When I complained to one of the staff, they shot me a dirty look and agreed when I asked them to shift her and my grand niece to another room.

After some time they did and claimed they’d “cleaned” it. Imagine my surprise when I checked the bathroom and saw a trail of urine in the bathroom!!! Almost like they’d done it out of spite. I was so close to throwing a major fit but my niece asked me not to because she was close friends with her OB. I bit my tongue but when I saw them holding my grand niece without supporting her head properly, I could hold it in no longer.

I screamed at the incompetent nurse, who was clearly new. She broke down crying and complained to her superior. I was asked to apologize to her- CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? This was the weirdest experience I’ve ever had in a hospital and even though I apologized to the stupid nurse, I didn’t mean it one bit. Also, will never be going here ever.

A

aldon

This is the #1 option for me when it comes to the pediatrics department. Not many places that my child won’t be screaming when they take her blood samples. The nurses here are very good with children and the doctors are sweethearts. Very appropriate for children.

B

bluepipes

I was admitted in Prisma health in Columbia 3.5 weeks ago when I felt like I was down with the flu. Horrible headaches, was running a low fever, and felt like vomiting, constantly. So when I could finally take it no more, asked my mother to take me to Prisma Health where they put me on observation overnight and then decided that I needed to undergo treatment.

I signed in as an inpatient and even though I hate hospitals, decided I would leave only after the treatment was done. On my second day here I felt extremely woozy one day when I woke up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. The next thing I know, I was on the floor and could barely move. There was no one else in the room and then everything blacked out.

When I woke up I was told that I was in the ICU. I was in a subconscious state and I could hear a lot of people talking around me. Even so I couldn’t find the energy to open my eyes. In a few hours I woke up and found out that I had been shifted to the ICU at Greenville Memorial Hospital because the ICU at Prisma Health was too full.

Do not intend to persecute any hospital, but I felt an immediate change in surroundings at Greenville Memorial. Not sure if that’s how it is in a typical ICU but I felt a lot more tended to, and in general, a more clean environment does tend to cheer me up (even when I’m mostly unconscious in an ICU-lol).

Even though I was asleep through most of my time here I was told later on by my family that they had no issues with the hospital. When they first transferred me to GMH the only issue was that since I was in the ICU, they wouldn’t permit anyone to go inside and see me for the first 24 hours. Even so the doctors would come outside and give them an idea of what was going on.

So they were always kept in the loop for whatever they were recommending and what medication I was going to be put on. In fact they even told them when they were going to put me on IV. That’s how thorough they are. Anyway, I woke up with bits and pieces of memories from this experience and fully recovered only two weeks later.

I was shifted to a lower level room after 5 days in the ICU and was feeling a lot better. Overall, I had no issues with this hospital, whatsoever. The nurses, doctors, tech people, house keeping people… all of them were extremely cordial with me and very sympathetic of my situation. Very thankful to everyone who helped me recover speedily, this is a lovely hospital where you can expect top notch level of health care.

C

Cullen

If you need a major surgery done, I recommend the acute care center at Greenville Memorial, they have a really good surgical ward with the best surgeons in America (don’t want to sell them short haha). Seriously though, my father has had an open heart surgery, my mother has had orthopedic surgery and I myself have had surgery here too- just last month. Very able and professional staff.

azaleah

azaleah

A big thanks to the great PACU staff- you guys were on fire. Shout out to my home girl, Stella for your stellar performance (I couldn’t help myself). But my kid had to have surgery last Friday and it was a really scary process to wrap my head around. I’ve never had surgery myself and my father actually died during a surgical procedure, so the word surgery does give me the creeps.

But the surgeon in charge of my son’s, Dr. Young was the most professional surgeon of all. He talked to me for an hour, addressing all my concerns, answering all my questions with acrobatic ease. As a medical professional myself, I can’t tell you how much I admire this surgeon, for his level of care and concern is so much more than the average doctor. Very impressed with the service at this hospital. Would highly recommend this hospital, especially for pediatric surgery.

B

BIANKA

When my PCP told me to contact the radiology service unit at Greenville memorial for diagnostic services, I wasn’t sure what they would be like, given I’d never been here before. But everyone here is very friendly and efficient. They don’t make you wait long for the results and engage in friendly conversation with everyone.

salma

salma

I can’t think of a more appropriate hospital in all of South Carolina to give birth. This is my 3rd delivery and I’ve never been more comfortable in any other hospital.