Low Cost Grande Ronde Hospital, La Grande OR (Complication Rates) & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Grande Ronde Hospital located in 900 SUNSET DRIVE - La Grande, OR. Contains reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
900 SUNSET DRIVE
City
LA GRANDE
State
OR
ZIP Code
County
UNION
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Critical Access Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
low
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
13 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
273 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
3.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
77%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
8%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
14.5%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
No different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
16.7%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
9.4%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
17.8%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
3%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly less than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
Z

Zebulun

I found myself at Grande Ronde Hospital for the removal of a big kidney stone (roughly 12-13 mm). I had a pleasant experience here. The doctors, surgeon, and the nurses were great. They were jovial and cracked some jokes, just to ensure that I was not nervous. The surgery went off very well. I have never come across a hospital where every single person is incredibly friendly, very professional, and know their way around the hospital. Won’t hesitate to come back again for any medical need

monkey_box

monkey_box

This is a wonderful hospital which is manned by a team of professionals who know what they are doing. I had injured myself in a slip-and-fall and was having severe knee pain. The ambulance rushed me to Grande Ronde, where the staff attended to me almost immediately. I was taken in and back pretty soon. The doctor inspected my knee and then ordered an x-ray. The x-ray was completed pretty fast, and I got the results within 30 minutes. The x-ray was okay, and I was sent on my way with a script for painkillers, an anti-inflammatory and a soft knee brace. Thank you, all!

dseeni

dseeni

This is one shithole. I think most of the people who work here are either tone deaf or act as if they are tone deaf. A month back, I had slipped from a ladder and landed very hard on my side, with my ribs bearing most of the impact. I was in instant pain and became breathless. I was taken to Grande Ronde by my work colleagues, and I was attended to immediately. An NP saw me within 10 minutes. The NP examined me and diagnosed with a sprained neck. I told her about my rib pain and the breathlessness. Her answer was epic – if you have a rib fracture, there is nothing that we can do. If you want, I will give you some pain meds. I answered, “how about an x-ray?” She totally ignored me and discharged me with some pain meds. The NP never checked my lungs, chest, or ribs. I am really pissed off by the fact that the NP just did not address my #1 concern. I was forcefully discharged by this hospital. Luckily, my colleagues took me to another hospital where x-rays confirmed rib fracture and scans revealed some damage to the lungs. I got appropriate care from the other hospital.

On top of incompetent care, Grande Ronde charged me nearly $9000 for a sprained neck…that was the proverbial last straw. I have promised myself that no matter what happens, I would not seek care from this shithole henceforth.

Dolly Dolphin

Dolly Dolphin

I have been visiting this hospital for nearly two years now and have not got a chance to complain at all. On my first visit, I was greeted by stillness in the hospital corridors and I was wondering if I had made a wrong decision to shift my care here. But I soon realized that lesser patients meant better care and more patient-doctor time. Pretty pleased with the hospital services so far