Low Cost Glens Falls Hospital NY Complication Rates & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Glens Falls Hospital located in 100 PARK STREET - Glens Falls, NY. Containing reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
100 PARK STREET
City
GLENS FALLS
State
NY
ZIP Code
County
WARREN
Phone Number
Hospital Type
Acute Care Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
high
Avg time patients spent in emergency dept before seen by a Medical Professional
45 minutes
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
4%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
1 minutes
Median time to Pain Med in Emergency Dept
73 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
336 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
3.00 star(s)
Cleanliness Star Rating
3.00 star(s)
Doctor Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Nurse Communication Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
66%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
7%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
12.8%
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
14.7%
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Worse than the National Rate
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
16.5%
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
10.3%
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
18.1%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Worse than the National Rate
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
2.3%
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate Per 1000 Persons
Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate National Comparison
Postoperative Acute Kidney Injury Requiring Dialysis National Comparison
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Serious Blood Clots After Surgery National Comparison
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery Per 1000 Persons
Blood Stream Infection After Surgery National Comparison
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis Per 1000 Persons
Split Wound After Surgery on The Abdomen or Pelvis National Comparison
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Accidental Cuts and Tears From Medical Treatment National Comparison
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Per 1000 Persons
Bedsores or Pressure Ulcers Rate National Comparison
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Per 1000 persons
Deaths Among Patients With Serious Treatable Complications After Surgery Comparison
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment Per 1000 Persons
Collapsed Lung Due To Medical Treatment National Comparison
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate Per 1000 Persons
Perioperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate National Comparison
Surgical Site Infections With Colon Surgery National Comparison
Rate of Unplanned Hospital Visits After Colonoscopy National Comparison
Heart Attack 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Heart Failure 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
Rate of Readmission For Stroke Patients National Comparison
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
Rate of Readmission After Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Significantly less than the National Average
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Significantly less than the National Average
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
No Different than the National Average
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
A

anorexorcist

I don’t have enough nice things to say about the medical staff at Glens Falls, because the past two weeks have been hellacious, to say the least for me and my family. My grandmother, who was in the best of health suddenly fell ill and since she was a diabetic, we knew that it was only downhill from there. We rushed her to the ER at Glens Falls and I was hysteric. Maybe because I just wasn’t expecting it to happen this soon, but the nurse at the reception was very calm and somehow calmed my hysteric ass.

After taking abuela to the ER, they then quickly took her to the ICU. I knew this was going to happen but burst out crying and she was in the ICU for over 5 days, in pretty serious condition. She was then put on a ventilator because it didn’t look like she was going to make it, and what can I say, the doctors and nurses- all of them actually were SO understanding and sympathetic. It was almost like they all knew abuela and were paying their respects. It was the sweetest thing I’d seen and can’t thank them enough for all their help. Abuela is still holding on to life but no progress as yet. One can only hope.

jester

jester

Not at all impressed by this hospital. They are not the worst in NYC, I’ll give you that. But there’s a ton of improvement they are yet to make. Service needs to be better, and please- for the love of God-hire more employees.

P

Papple

My girlfriend and I were on a writer’s retreat for a couple days and while there, she accidently slipped and broke her arm- she said it felt like it was broken, even though she said she didn’t want to go to the emergency room. Since we were in NY only for another few hours, she begged me not to make a big deal about it and that as soon as we got back to Georgia, she would go see our doctor. I obliged, obviously, but at night, I caught her secretly crying in bed. Of course, I rushed her to the ER then, and we happened to go to the closest hospital to the retreat, which was Glen Falls. Our bad luck, what else can I say.

As soon as we got in, they asked us what the issue was. I told them my girlfriend’s arm was broken. First of all, the receptionist’s expression went from lukewarm to stone cold when she heard the word “girlfriend” which is so annoying to think people like that even exist in the 21st century. I don’t know whether other straight couples would have to wait like we did, but they literally kept us waiting for 2 hours, and people who clearly came in after us were sent in. This annoyed me but what was I to say? After all, the angrier I got, the more they would make us wait. So I bit my tongue. I felt so bad for my girlfriend though because she was the one who had to take the repercussion of it all.

Finally, when they called us in, I spoke for her, as she was gasping for breath. This seemed to bug the doctor just a little bit and then he went on examining the “supposedly broken arm” as he stated it. What is wrong with everyone here? Why is it so hard to believe that an arm could be broken? He checked for signs of it being broken and claimed that it wasn’t. My girlfriend directed him towards the area where it hurt and said she was almost certain it was broken. So he sent out for an X-ray and after that he said that it looked fine. But my girlfriend told him that the place he was specifying was not even where she felt the pain.

To this, he reacted rudely and just sent us back with some medication for the pain. But the next day, I took her back to our family doctor who, after examining the X-ray, stated that it was a hairline fracture. I was SO taken aback by this- how can a doctor be so incompetent? Was it really because we are gay? I felt so agitated by this, and now that my girlfriend is all casted up, I am definitely going to try and sue this hospital. The nerve, I tell you…

S

Sixxup

I think they are good at keeping their word- their motto “Big-city medicine, hometown care” is EXACTLY what they are. Intelligent, with all the right equipment and amazingly talented doctors with a home-like feeling. For me, my short stay at this hospital was really like a homely visit. I have been to this hospital umpteen times in the past but for the last 15 years I’d been living in Canada with my husband, so when I returned to see my mother, it really felt like I was back home again. Of course, no one likes hospitals, but this is far from a mundane hospital experience.

allenrexler

allenrexler

I have been told by many of my colleagues that the service at Glens Falls was only subpar and for years, I went around telling people the same whenever it came up in conversations, even though I’d never been. But last week, my wife was feeling feverish, so I took her to Glens Falls (even though a little scared about the results because it was the closest one without traffic).

All I can say after our visit is that you should never jump to conclusions before actually experiencing it yourself. To all my friends and family who told me that Glens Falls was not up to the mark. I have no idea what you are talking about, because in truth, I was looking for places where I could expect a negative vibe, but from beginning to end, everything went smoothly.

Except for the fact that my wife had a turf with one of the nurses, I felt the service was just fine. She was an inpatient for 5 days and the doctor treating her was very patient and kind. She explained every medical procedure and medication they were giving her before she took it- just so that the patient (and me, of course) knew exactly what was going on.

L

longhair

The facilities at the L&D unit are stunning. Proud to say that all three of my children were born into this hospital and were taken really good care of (even though one of them had breathing trouble). State of the art equipment, top notch facilities and the doctors and nurses genuinely care about you. The surgeons are the heroes of this practice, how they hold down the fort is beyond me (with so many patients and so few surgeons). Immense amount of respect for this place. Good work!