Low Cost Genesis Medical Center Aledo IL (Complications) & Reviews

PC Admin

PC Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dedicated resource for Genesis Medical Center located in 409 NW 9TH AVENUE - Aledo, IL. Contains reports of complications, death rates etc. Reviews and real experiences of patients and their loved ones are invited. The treatment and medical care statistics listed below are updated and synced twice a year as per the 'Medicare Database' via an API.

Provider ID
Address
409 NW 9TH AVENUE
City
ALEDO
State
IL
ZIP Code
County
MERCER
Phone Number
(309) 582-9100
Hospital Type
Critical Access Hospitals
Hospital Ownership
Voluntary non-profit - Private
Emergency Department Volume
low
Patients who left the emergency department before being seen (%)
1%
Median Time to ECG for heart attack/chest pain in Emergency dept
3 minutes
Avg time patients spent in Emergency dept before inpatient admission
168 minutes
Overall Hospital Rating
Not Available
Doctor Communication Star Rating
Not Available
Nurse Communication Star Rating
Not Available
Patients who reported that they ALWAYS received help as soon as they wanted (%)
73%
Patients who were unhappy with treatment
3%
Avg Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Heart Attack Patients National Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For CABG Surgery Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Stroke Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For Stroke Patients Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For COPD Patients (%)
Not Available
Death Rate For COPD Patients National Comparison
Not Available
Avg Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients (%)
18.1%
Death Rate For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Somewhat worse than National Rate
Avg Complication Rate For Hip/Knee Replacement Patients (%)
Not Available
Complication Rate for Hip/Knee Replacement National Comparison
Not Available
Rate of Readmission For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Pneumonia 30-Day Readmission Rate National Comparison
No Different than the National Rate
Overall Unplanned Readmission Rate
Somewhat better than National Rate
Average Cost For Heart Attack Patients Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Heart Failure Patients Comparison
Number of Cases Too Small
Average Cost For Hip/Knee Replacement Comparison
Not Available
Average Cost For Pneumonia Patients Comparison
Significantly lesser than the National Average
C

caitlyn07

This is an amazing hospital that is doing yeoman service for our community. The staff is exceptional and are ready to walk that extra mile if it can help the patient get better.

I was having severe pain in the ribs, but there were no cracked ribs on x-rays. The doctor did not give up and ordered further scans from a different angle, which showed that there was a minor crack and a pinched nerve, which was resulting in pain. Appropriate treatment was started, and a few weeks later I was free of pain in my ribs.

Thankful to the ER doctor who persisted, unlike other doctors who would have discharged me without any resolution of my ailment.

Zakhep

Zakhep

This review is for the food that is served in the cafeteria. I had visited the ER and, after the completion of the treatment was feeling famished, so decided to go to the cafeteria. The service was wonderful. The people served food with a smile. The food was good. It was not gourmet, but at least it was very hearty and fulfilling.

The care was good, but if the food is always this good, then I do not have any issues with seeking care here again.

Z

zakai

I had to visit the Genesis Medical Center ER a few days back after meeting with an accident and resultant injuries. The front desk was exceptional and guided me in completing the paperwork quickly. The intake nurse had a lovely smile and took me in without any delay. After a wait of 10 minutes, I was taken back to the room.

The doctor joined me in a few minutes. She did a thorough evaluation and then got the scrapes and bruises cleaned and applied stitches and skin glue wherever necessary. I was out of this hospital in less than three hours. Very satisfied with the care that I got here.

Carlson

Carlson

Following a referral by the ER doctor, my mother had visited the lab to get mammography and a blood draw. However, she ended up having an awful experience. According to her, the tech was very rude and shouted her down when she said it was painful. The blood draw was not good either. The nurse was a newbie and had no clue about getting the blood drawn from a person with rolling veins. She ended poking my mother’s hand quite a few times before being able to draw the blood.

Long story short, she had a terrible experience!!!!